e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Full.
- Soft.
- Cheap.

Cons:
- Bristles a little long, giving it more "flop" than I like for buffing.

This is a very nice full brush useful for things like applying bronzer and blush. I don't like it so much for powder foundation, especially if you're having to work product vigorously into your skin. The shorter, larger kabuki brushes are much more appropriate for that. This is a very good brush, however. Very soft and has not shed at all in the year I've had it. The only other synthetic brushes I've felt that were softer are the Velvet IT brushes from Ulta.

I can't believe I've only tried this recently. I like big fluffy blush brushes, so this is a great choice for me. I use it to applying my setting powder. It picks up enough product and applies well to my face. It washes well and dries fast, I hate when synthetic brushes take forever to dry.

I will definitely try more elf brushes in the future, and plan to look for some for eye make up application. So far I haven't experience any shedding or bleeding and ive been using it for over 11 months i guess. Definitely recommended for a cheap and good alternative to other brushes on the market. I do have an xo beauty brush that can be used for powder as well but i prefer this one.

on 3/24/2011 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own the entire line of Elf Studio brushes, and I am very happy with them. This brush is soft and fluffy, and does not shed. It is the perfect brush for brushing on loose powder or bronzer. I think it could also be used for blush if you prefer a larger brush for that. It is also very easy to clean, and has a nice professional quality appearance. I clean mine after each use with a daily brush cleaner spray, and then wash them about once evers 1-2 weeks with MAC brush cleaner & warm water. I highly recommend these brushes and I will definitely repurchase if the need ever arises.

Edited 12/5/11: I'm in the process of upgrading my makeup brushes to MAC and Hakuhodo, but this is one ELF brush that I'm keeping. It is very soft, does not shed, and does a nice job applying loose powder or bronzer. Well worth the $3 price tag.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I find this brush very useful for matte powder as I have dry skin and need a light application. This brush provides that very well. I also find it useful for a light application of blush. I am very light handed with blush and powder so for me this brush enables me to apply without worry of applying too much product. For someone wanting more concentrated coverage, this might not be the brush for them. If interested in another E.L.F brush that could provide more concentrated coverage, I suggest the Studio Line powder brush. However, for me, the complexion brush does what I want it to do. It provides light, even coverage.

on 9/15/2009 1:31:00 AM

This brush is okay. It is very soft but when I first got it has a weird plasticky feeling to the bristles that took a few washes to get rid of. I know its synthetic but I have other synthetic brushes and they never felt like that. This does well for blush but it is kinda flimsy so I don't know that its a necessity in my brush collection.

Popular Makeup Brushes