E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/28/2017 2:02:00 PM

I LOVE, love, love this brush! It's so sturdy, dense, soft and I've also never had any shedding- I have used it daily for ages. I can't even remember how I came upon it, that's how long I've had it and t looks brand new. This has replaced my MAC stiple brush as I find it sweeps my blush on so much better, like it glides over nicely. I can't be without it. I only use it for my blush or maybe bronzer when I wear the latter and it is perfect!

on 10/20/2016 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

No idea how e.l.f. is able to produce and sell so many makeup brushes for only $3! This brush is large but not fluffy, rather it is almost flat like a paddle but with a domed/curved edge to it. I use this with the e.l.f. tone correcting pressed powder to swirl the colors together and apply as a finishing powder - love it for this purpose. Bristles are soft and deposit just the right amount of powder on my face. The only issue I have ever had with an e.l.f. brush before was the flat topped powder brush I used to apply foundation. Okay, my fault since it was labeled "powder" brush and I used it for liquid foundation but it applied it so beautifully I couldn't help myself. Downside to that was I washed it so often that the glue inside the ferrel broke down and the handle became loose over time. Lesson learned - be gentle with cleaning to not over soak the bristles too far up and the brush should remain intact much longer. Thankfully this brush does not appear to retain product (maybe because this powder is awesome?) but I don't find myself having to clean it as often. Well worth the $3 in my opinion and highly recommend it.

All the raves for this brush are right on. This is a great, and quite soft, classic paddle powder brush, ideal for loose powders in particular. The sides form the perfect flat shape (ala MAC 134) to tap into sifter powder lids to capture the powder, and then for pressing and taping the loose powder onto the face, to really set foundation, before then changing to a sweeping motion to move the set powder all over, and the excess off the face for a light and even finish.

Yes, the MAC and other much more expensive brushes are very slightly larger, denser, and a tiny touch softer. And they have a weightier and more expensive feel in the hand, if you have the money to splurge and those tactile traights are important to you. But for those that are gearing toward a light and natural, but even coverage, of powder, for 3 bucks this brush offers excellent performance and is one of the best buys in the cosmetic world, period.

on 7/4/2016 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love this for setting my entire face! Plus you can't beat the price:)

on 12/23/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I initially hated this brush but found it is actually perfect for contouring and applying blush on my huge, chubby cheeks. Most contour or blush brushes are too small for my cheeks and my blush ends up being too pigmented and blotchy from using a brush that is too small. I like how the hairs are dispersed and not dense so that my blush or contour powder look more blended out and not concentrated when I apply it.

I first dab the brush into my powder and stamp it into my arm to get rid of the excess powder and then pat the powder on my cheeks to get a blended look!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Full.
- Soft.
- Cheap.

Cons:
- Bristles a little long, giving it more "flop" than I like for buffing.

This is a very nice full brush useful for things like applying bronzer and blush. I don't like it so much for powder foundation, especially if you're having to work product vigorously into your skin. The shorter, larger kabuki brushes are much more appropriate for that. This is a very good brush, however. Very soft and has not shed at all in the year I've had it. The only other synthetic brushes I've felt that were softer are the Velvet IT brushes from Ulta.

on 11/29/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I disagree with the opinions that this brush is soft. Mine was well built - no shedding, a very nice density for applying loose powder from a sifter jar, which is what I purchased it for, and the handle is a confortable length for a good grip while still letting me lean in close to the mirror for nearsightedness. For these positive factors, 3 stars.

The bristles, however, are vaguely prickly. Not enough for me to call them irritating or rough, but certainly not as soft or smooth as other synthetics I own, namely from the older generation of Ecotools as well as the German Pfeilring brand, as well as Catrice and even some essence facial brushes.

It's a great shape and I love how floppy it is - I don't want a dense brush packing on loose powder - but the actual quality of the synthetic bristles themselves could be better, finer and easier on the skin.

on 12/12/2014 1:04:00 AM

Love it, great price with good quality. Use it as blush brush, works perfect. Much better than my first imagination from the pictures online.

on 10/11/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favourite brush. I really need to buy a couple more of these because at the moment I'm using it for multiple things and I only have the one. I use it to set my face with powder, then I use it to contour and to apply bronzer. It is so soft and it picks up the right amount of product. It's big and fluffy but also can be use on an angle to make contouring look very natural and blended out. It's just perfect! No cons at all for this brush. Price is fantastic too!

on 7/30/2014 11:39:00 PM