E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This brush is an all-time favorite of mine for applying face powder and blush. It picks up product efficiently and perfectly applies it across my face every time I use it. The bristles are packed tightly, but they are long enough to provide a lovely softness to this brush. As the bristles are synthetic, one could use cream and liquid products with this brush. I have only used it with powder cosmetics, but I have been tremendously pleased with the results.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so impressed by ELF flat top powder brush that I've bought this one.
All my other brushes are from Bobbi Brown, Dior, Sisley and as much as I love ELF flat top brush this one isn't for me.
Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing brush for the price. But there is nothing spectacular about it and I own couple of very similar brushes, that I like better.
Though I would totally recommend it to anyone who is not up to spend 45$ for a brush because below 45$ price point you'll hardly find anything comparable to this one.

WOW! compared to the ELF total face brush, this is a total comeback for Elf face brushes.

I absolutely LOVE this. It comes with it's own brush guard, and I haven't yet washed it, but from the other reviews, it looks like it sheds a ton less than the elf total face brush.

downside- it doesn't do the best job picking UP powders, but it's super soft and does great as far as blending. the bristles feel great and they actually smell great fresh out of the package. It picks up my loose powder fine, but i wish it'd get a TAD more. Then again, I'd WAYY rather it not get too much and sit there tapping it on the makeup and getting powder all up everywhere. that's SOO annoying.

Awesome for blending and finishing naturally. 5 lippies.
I don't know if I would repurchase because this one will probably last me a long time:)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brush is the perfect size and shape for face powder. I use it every single day to set my face even if I'm not wearing foundation. It sets powder really nicely and evenly and doesn't shed at all. Definitely recommend!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this brush a week ago and I'm in love with it! I love using it to set my face with powder and to apply bronzer. I love how the brush is tapered just a little bit, which makes it perfect to find the contours of your face. Definitely a great brush 🙌🏼

on 10/20/2016 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

No idea how e.l.f. is able to produce and sell so many makeup brushes for only $3! This brush is large but not fluffy, rather it is almost flat like a paddle but with a domed/curved edge to it. I use this with the e.l.f. tone correcting pressed powder to swirl the colors together and apply as a finishing powder - love it for this purpose. Bristles are soft and deposit just the right amount of powder on my face. The only issue I have ever had with an e.l.f. brush before was the flat topped powder brush I used to apply foundation. Okay, my fault since it was labeled "powder" brush and I used it for liquid foundation but it applied it so beautifully I couldn't help myself. Downside to that was I washed it so often that the glue inside the ferrel broke down and the handle became loose over time. Lesson learned - be gentle with cleaning to not over soak the bristles too far up and the brush should remain intact much longer. Thankfully this brush does not appear to retain product (maybe because this powder is awesome?) but I don't find myself having to clean it as often. Well worth the $3 in my opinion and highly recommend it.

on 9/6/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I find that for this price, this brush is amazing quality. I use it for both bronzer and blush. It is just the right size to fit the apples of my cheeks and allows me to build colour as needed. I would definitely recommend this brush.

All the raves for this brush are right on. This is a great, and quite soft, classic paddle powder brush, ideal for loose powders in particular. The sides form the perfect flat shape (ala MAC 134) to tap into sifter powder lids to capture the powder, and then for pressing and taping the loose powder onto the face, to really set foundation, before then changing to a sweeping motion to move the set powder all over, and the excess off the face for a light and even finish.

Yes, the MAC and other much more expensive brushes are very slightly larger, denser, and a tiny touch softer. And they have a weightier and more expensive feel in the hand, if you have the money to splurge and those tactile traights are important to you. But for those that are gearing toward a light and natural, but even coverage, of powder, for 3 bucks this brush offers excellent performance and is one of the best buys in the cosmetic world, period.

on 8/9/2016 4:37:00 PM

Very soft and works very well to apply my powder. The look of this brush is also very nice.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this brush!! I use it for bronzer, blush, and finishing powder. The bristles aren't rough and unlike other cheap powder brushes I've tried, this doesn't shed everywhere. When I wash it it does shed bristles sometimes, but that's about it. I've had it for six months and it's still going strong. Considering the fact that this cost less than $3, I think that's pretty good! If you're looking for a multi-tasking face brush and don't mind drugstore brushes then I highly recommend getting this.

Popular Makeup Brushes