e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Complexion Brush

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/28/2017 2:02:00 PM

I LOVE, love, love this brush! It's so sturdy, dense, soft and I've also never had any shedding- I have used it daily for ages. I can't even remember how I came upon it, that's how long I've had it and t looks brand new. This has replaced my MAC stiple brush as I find it sweeps my blush on so much better, like it glides over nicely. I can't be without it. I only use it for my blush or maybe bronzer when I wear the latter and it is perfect!

All the raves for this brush are right on. This is a great, and quite soft, classic paddle powder brush, ideal for loose powders in particular. The sides form the perfect flat shape (ala MAC 134) to tap into sifter powder lids to capture the powder, and then for pressing and taping the loose powder onto the face, to really set foundation, before then changing to a sweeping motion to move the set powder all over, and the excess off the face for a light and even finish.

Yes, the MAC and other much more expensive brushes are very slightly larger, denser, and a tiny touch softer. And they have a weightier and more expensive feel in the hand, if you have the money to splurge and those tactile traights are important to you. But for those that are gearing toward a light and natural, but even coverage, of powder, for 3 bucks this brush offers excellent performance and is one of the best buys in the cosmetic world, period.

This is such a high-quality brush. I use it every day to apply setting powder all over my face. It also works really well for blush and bronzer. When I travel, this is the only face brush I take with me and it's the perfect multi-tasker for powder, blush, and bronzer! It's super soft and tapered really nicely which makes it great for blending. I've had it for months, wash it about once a week, and it's still in perfect condition. I really can't say enough good things about this brush. Oh, and it's only $3! Highly recommend for beginners and professionals alike!

on 1/23/2014 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this brush! It's so soft, which is important on my sensitive skin, and it works well too. I mainly use it to apply translucent powder and occasionally powder foundation. It brushes over my face with no irritation and seems to distribute product well.

on 7/10/2013 7:51:00 PM

Get this brush! You can't go wrong really, it's great, especially for the price. Super soft, does not shed, fluffy, easy to work with, versitale, cheap. Lovely. I use it for finishing powder and 'all over' bronzer. Can be used for blush/highlight and maybe even contour but I prefer other brushes. Also great for overall blending, if you have your blush, powder, contour, bronzer, highlighting and whatever on, to go all over your face with this one to mix it all in; edges are gone and everything is beautifully blended.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I realized today while washing my brushes that I reach for this brush ALL the time. I don't think of it in my mind as something super special, but I guess it kind of is! I use it for a few different things; mostly for all over powder application, but it's also good for bronzer or applying shimmery powder over your collarbones. This isn't a super dense brush but it's not flimsy either, so it's good for applying powder lightly. The flattened shape allows you to apply powder easily to all the contours of your face. I really get a lot of use out of it, and you can NOT beat the price!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This brush is too soft. I don't know how I should use it. It doesn't pick up the powder or blushes and it can't give me any coverage.
Yes, it's very soft but I don't think it works!

EDIT:
I began using this for blushes - and it works wonders. Love the softness and how you can easily blend more color on your cheeks. I also use it for my powder highlighter. I'm glad I gave this a second chance!

Just another one of my favorite brushes by E.L.F! I use it for blush, bronzer, mineral foundation, and blending/buffing. It works well for every use. The bristles are so soft and it never sheds.

on 5/23/2012 11:14:00 PM

This may be the softest thing ever. Great for blush, bronzer, or any powder really.

on 5/21/2012 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this brush! I have many many brushed but the thing I love most about this one is that can give a very sheer in application. My skin is drier and slightly textured these days. Too many of my brushes apply heavy which results in a cakey look with powder but not this one. It is soft and sweeps a very natural finish whether with finishing powder, foundation, blush, bronzer, or whatever. I love it so much I bought 4 so that I have one for powder, one for blush, etc.

Popular Makeup Brushes