e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Complexion Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/2/2009 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best low price brush anyone can get. SO soft and fluffy! I dont mind having a couple of them. Its great as a blush, foundation, powder, mineral, or even bronzer brush.
I wish they sell this in drug store so i dont have to buy it off the net all the time.

on 5/2/2010 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is by far one of the best brushes I've ever used, and it's only $3! Normally I'm not a big fan of synthetic brushes. This brush though doesn't even really feel like a synthetic brush against my skin. It's very soft and silky feeling. The bristles are dense & even. There has been no shedding. Like most synthetics it also cleans very easily. Applies foundation and powder evenly and smoothly and does a great job at contouring and blending. It picks up a lot like hair but doesn't grab nearly as much powder, making it a little easier to work with mineral makeup. If there was only one brush I was going to pack, this would probably be it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this brush. Much better than the powder brush because, I've grown more to this one and it does a lot more than the powder brush, IMO. I use this for bronzer/contour because it's a flat brush, well sort of. It's also great for putting on blush as well, I use it for a lot of things, but mostly bronzer and for my setting powder (sometimes). The hairs are soft and it's a very good descent size brush, but the one thing that I don't like is how long it takes to dry. It takes at least a day to dry and that goes for the powder brush as well. But I think all bigger face brushes take forever to dry, sooooo yeah. I am definitely wanting to buy more of these because I love them so much, but money is for paying of the bills, not for cosmetics at the moment. Overall, great brush, great PRICE ($3). Would definitely recommend for beginners and to everyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am going to make this a quickie as I normally do not.
I use this brush for my Hoola bronzer and I LOVE IT!
I use an angeled brush to contour like a 168 but for a lighter bronzed look this is great. I use it to bronze the temple area the cheeks the jaw line and down the neck. I have some much more expensive brushes but I always seem to grab this one for a nice bronzed look all over.
It is a great price you cant beat it for how soft and fluffy this brush is!
The only down side is most ALL of my ELF brushes are loose at the ferrule!! Yeah it stinks but you get what you pay for and I just glue them LOL!
As I said great for bronzer but I do not use this for powder as I feel the brush isnt dense enuff for that. If I use powder I like a nice dense brush this one is far more fluffy then dense meaning it has a purpose just not powder for me!

on 10/23/2010 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this brush as blush brush, because I prefer flat top brush as my powder brush, I can only say it's good, but not perfect for blush

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Another great brush from the studio line! I purchased this to use it as a powder brush, I tried it with ELF HD powder and it worked really fine. Then I noticed that the size and shape of this brush are ideal for many purposes, so I tried it to apply my liquid foundation and... WOW! Possibly the most flawless application ever!! I used to use a regular sponge before, but I hated that it soaked up so much product. Using a brush is definitely better. The foundation was spread evenly on my face, and I think the brush boosted the coverage and the soft-focus effect. Bare in mind that I use MAC Face and Body which is VERY sheer, but with this brush it just went on very smoothly and as a final effect it covered much more than with the sponge. Reading some reviews here it would appear that this brush is also great for blush/bronzer, but I have the studio blush brush for that. All in all a great product that will definitely find a regular place in my makeup stash!

on 12/2/2010 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a HUGE ELF FAN! not only because its so cheap, but because it really is a high end product!

i bought this brush in the 15 peice set. its 30$ on eyeslipsface.com - the studio complextion brush has to be my favorite!!! its soo fluffy and soft! all the brushes i got in the set were really nice and soft like this one.

im not too impressed with the eyeshadow brush that came in the set. i think the dollar one is alot better. this one; the brush part isnt long enough, so you scratch the eye shadow sometimes with the shaft! all the other ones are really nice though!!! LOVE!

on 12/21/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this brush for dusting on loose powder. It works great for that and it washes well. I haven't experienced shedding yet like I did with the ELF flat top powder brush. What I don't like is that fact that it's cheaply made. You get what you pay for. The farrel is coming loose. I can feel it shake whenever I use it. I'm afraid one day I'll be using it and it will just pop off the handle, bristles and and all. I wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Terrible!!!! This brush shedded on me the first time I used it! Atleast its soft and it was cheap..

Edit: Ok so I did review this too early I love this brush!!! At the begining it did shed like crazy till the point there were hairs loose at the top of the brush and could be easily pulled out.But wow now that I've washed it a few times I haven't had any shedding whatsoever!! I love this brush because it can be used for setting powder,blending blush/bronzer,apply a light highlight, even brushing away fallout under the eyes!!
I will definetly be repurchasing some backup brushes from target :D

on 2/10/2011 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this brush! I use it anytime I use powder (powder foundation or setting powder). It provides such smooth application and never applies too much powder so it doesn't make me look cakey. I love it and plan to purchase several more! Plus, you cannot beat the price!

Popular Makeup Brushes