e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Complexion Brush

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/28/2017 2:02:00 PM

I LOVE, love, love this brush! It's so sturdy, dense, soft and I've also never had any shedding- I have used it daily for ages. I can't even remember how I came upon it, that's how long I've had it and t looks brand new. This has replaced my MAC stiple brush as I find it sweeps my blush on so much better, like it glides over nicely. I can't be without it. I only use it for my blush or maybe bronzer when I wear the latter and it is perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so impressed by ELF flat top powder brush that I've bought this one.
All my other brushes are from Bobbi Brown, Dior, Sisley and as much as I love ELF flat top brush this one isn't for me.
Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing brush for the price. But there is nothing spectacular about it and I own couple of very similar brushes, that I like better.
Though I would totally recommend it to anyone who is not up to spend 45$ for a brush because below 45$ price point you'll hardly find anything comparable to this one.

on 11/29/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I disagree with the opinions that this brush is soft. Mine was well built - no shedding, a very nice density for applying loose powder from a sifter jar, which is what I purchased it for, and the handle is a confortable length for a good grip while still letting me lean in close to the mirror for nearsightedness. For these positive factors, 3 stars.

The bristles, however, are vaguely prickly. Not enough for me to call them irritating or rough, but certainly not as soft or smooth as other synthetics I own, namely from the older generation of Ecotools as well as the German Pfeilring brand, as well as Catrice and even some essence facial brushes.

It's a great shape and I love how floppy it is - I don't want a dense brush packing on loose powder - but the actual quality of the synthetic bristles themselves could be better, finer and easier on the skin.

This was the first brush I ever purchased when I started experimenting with makeup, and its still holding up! Its soft, functional, and Im not afraid to make mistakes with it bc it so inexpensive. it holds up well to washing. I use it for buffing foundation, and with ELF translucent powder ( much better than the sponge it comes with.) I love ELFs blush brush too. What a great product for $1. You cant beat that!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, I thought this looked like a great brush at a great price. However, I bought it at Target today for $3 and it fell apart straight out of the package when I got it home. The handle is also crooked if I put it back together. Also, there is a small section of bristles that seem to be "mushed" and a bit stiff. How disappointing! I will have to return it which is annoyingly time-consuming.

This is a great brush for less than the price of a latte at Starbuck's. Target carries these now for a song, and although ...The price for the performance seems a bit dodgy, just try it. It's subjective, but for a brush under ten bucks (WAAAY under) I like it, and I have three.

on 3/14/2011 12:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this brush to blend out my cream blush. It is amazing; i can't believe that a brush this soft could blend as well as it does. Sometimes I use it for mineral powder to finish my make up, and it works wonderfully for that purpose as well.

I am rather surprised by the negative comments about this brush. I haven't experienced any shedding and I don't notice any smell at all. After reading about the smell I remembered that I may have noticed something when I first took the brush from the package, but a quick wash with shampoo left whatever odor a distant memory for me.

on 7/9/2010 12:31:00 PM

PaperAlias said it all. I love the ELF studio line. I have the all the brushes and back up, too. For the price and qualify, imho, they beat a lot of BE's brushes.

on 2/9/2010 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great overall powder brush for the price. Since it is synthetic, I like it for bronzers because it picks up less product in one swoop than natural hair brushes. (I like to start with subtle, sheer applications of bronzer and build) Also my go-to brush for liquid bronzer, again since it is synthetic. This is a medium to large fluffy brush that is flattened and not fully round. This makes it somewhat useful for contouring as well. Very much worth the price, but if you have a decent brush collection already, it's easy to skip.

on 11/30/2009 1:31:00 PM

I have a blush that gives off way too much product, no matter how light-handed I am. I saw the reviews of this Studio brush from E.L.F. and decided to give it a try. OMG - I'm so in love with this brush. It picks up just the right amount of color from my blush - I don't even have to be light-handed with it anymore. It's just perfect. The brush is so soft. It's not very dense at all, so it really works for dusting powder over your face.

Popular Makeup Brushes