E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/28/2017 2:02:00 PM

I LOVE, love, love this brush! It's so sturdy, dense, soft and I've also never had any shedding- I have used it daily for ages. I can't even remember how I came upon it, that's how long I've had it and t looks brand new. This has replaced my MAC stiple brush as I find it sweeps my blush on so much better, like it glides over nicely. I can't be without it. I only use it for my blush or maybe bronzer when I wear the latter and it is perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so impressed by ELF flat top powder brush that I've bought this one.
All my other brushes are from Bobbi Brown, Dior, Sisley and as much as I love ELF flat top brush this one isn't for me.
Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing brush for the price. But there is nothing spectacular about it and I own couple of very similar brushes, that I like better.
Though I would totally recommend it to anyone who is not up to spend 45$ for a brush because below 45$ price point you'll hardly find anything comparable to this one.

on 11/29/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I disagree with the opinions that this brush is soft. Mine was well built - no shedding, a very nice density for applying loose powder from a sifter jar, which is what I purchased it for, and the handle is a confortable length for a good grip while still letting me lean in close to the mirror for nearsightedness. For these positive factors, 3 stars.

The bristles, however, are vaguely prickly. Not enough for me to call them irritating or rough, but certainly not as soft or smooth as other synthetics I own, namely from the older generation of Ecotools as well as the German Pfeilring brand, as well as Catrice and even some essence facial brushes.

It's a great shape and I love how floppy it is - I don't want a dense brush packing on loose powder - but the actual quality of the synthetic bristles themselves could be better, finer and easier on the skin.

on 5/29/2014 8:47:00 AM

I can't believe I've only tried this now. I have the tom ford blush brush, bobbi brown blush brush and the real techniques blush brush. I like all of them but lately I noticed my Bobbi brown feels a bit stratchy and up my TF seems too expensive to abuse. For everyday I notice I use more of the real techniques one, its soft enough and I don't feel I have to baby it as much so I decided to try an elf brush. I don't feel one should pay a lot for synthetic brushes so I decided to try elf and I'm so glad I did. It is seriously the softest. If you like big fluffy blush brushes, this is a great choice. It is the least dense blush brush I have but not too much that it does not pick up product. It is almost the same size as the bobbi brown. It washes well and dries fast, I hate when synthetic brushes take forever to dry. The packaging is fine, it does not look really cheap. I can defintely travel with this, abuse it and not be too careful with it.

I will definitely try more elf brushes in the future. One thing I cannot answer is the longevity. So far I haven't experience any shedding or bleeding, only time will tell but I've bought a $30+ brush and it shed like crazy, a $3 brush is less annoying than a $30 one. If it does last a while I would definitely get back ups of this brush because I travel so much and I abuse my brushes, I drop them, I'm heavy handed with my blush, I wash them with bar soap. I feel brushes shouldn't be babied too much, I can't be bothered with buying brush cleaners, this one washes well and has kept it's shape, I hope I will enjoy other styles as much as I like this one.

This was the first brush I ever purchased when I started experimenting with makeup, and its still holding up! Its soft, functional, and Im not afraid to make mistakes with it bc it so inexpensive. it holds up well to washing. I use it for buffing foundation, and with ELF translucent powder ( much better than the sponge it comes with.) I love ELFs blush brush too. What a great product for $1. You cant beat that!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I realized today while washing my brushes that I reach for this brush ALL the time. I don't think of it in my mind as something super special, but I guess it kind of is! I use it for a few different things; mostly for all over powder application, but it's also good for bronzer or applying shimmery powder over your collarbones. This isn't a super dense brush but it's not flimsy either, so it's good for applying powder lightly. The flattened shape allows you to apply powder easily to all the contours of your face. I really get a lot of use out of it, and you can NOT beat the price!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It works great for applying pressed and loose powders with! Also, it doesn't shed. wder with! Doesn't shed! And, even though it does come with a rather cheap price tag, I find it to be of great quality.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, I thought this looked like a great brush at a great price. However, I bought it at Target today for $3 and it fell apart straight out of the package when I got it home. The handle is also crooked if I put it back together. Also, there is a small section of bristles that seem to be "mushed" and a bit stiff. How disappointing! I will have to return it which is annoyingly time-consuming.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

One of the best brushes around for loose powders, bronzers & highlighters. It's soft and medium dense, so that the application and blending results seamless.
Does not shed, at all, it's gentle to the skin and at 4 Euros, it's a steal.
Outperforms by far my Sephora powder brushes - that are 10 times expensive (like 30 euros each) and cannot compare to this one - why didn't I discover ELF earlier?
Thanks to MUA for letting me know these ELF little babies!

This is a great brush for less than the price of a latte at Starbuck's. Target carries these now for a song, and although ...The price for the performance seems a bit dodgy, just try it. It's subjective, but for a brush under ten bucks (WAAAY under) I like it, and I have three.

Popular Makeup Brushes