e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Complexion Brush

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Eyes: Violet

for only $3.00, this brush is unbeatable. I owned several high end sephora natural bristle French made brushes( $45), and they do not perform more beautifully than this brush. I can wash this brush and it dries very easily. It feels like silk against my skin. No itchy or scratchy show. It doesn't shed, and it's ultra light weight. I notice that when I apply my mineral makeup, it goes on much smoother with the ELF brush. I don't need as much powder for the same coverage when using this brush. I get a seamless ultra smooth canvas. I also do not get that cakey look like the more expensive brands i've owned. Some brushes can pick up too much powder to cause that geisha look we all dread. ELF brush definitely is perfected for powder application, especially mineral makeup, bronzer, blushes, veils. etc. I own this brush for over a year now and it's still going strong. Wash after wash, it still perfect. I didn't even use any expensive brush cleaner. I simply use baby shampoo on all my brushes. I usually wash all my brushes upside down to prevent water from damaging the glue base of the bristles. I have never seen a single shred issue in the past year of owning this brush. This one doesn't dry out like natural bristle. Plus it's animal cruelty free. I only wish it was denser. Other than that, I have no complaint. For $3.00, it absolutely amazing. Highly recommend. Even if it doesn't work out, at least my wallet won't be burned.

UPDATE: I've had this brush for a year now and it is still going strong. No shedding no breaking, no falling apart, and best of all , it smells great compared to natural bristles. I now use it exclusively to apply blushes. It's very easy to control the amount of pigment from my mineral makeup blushes (which is in powder form). I hope this brush will last me more years to come.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I didn't like this.
Pros
it's soft and washes well
Cons
It picks up no product at all

So unless you are using this to shake off powder it not worth the three dollars

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Just thought I'd add in my praises, although there is not much else I can say which hasn't already been said. At only $3, this brush is deceptively awesome. I only use it for applying blush and it picks up just the right amount of pigment. In the time I have owned it, I have only experienced minor shedding when using and washing it. For all of its positive attributes, I really can't see any reason not to buy this, especially if you've been looking for a great economical blush brush.

on 6/29/2011 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

So this is not for those who'd like precise application for blush on / bronzer. The bristles are too long, too wide, too soft & too flimsy. Can't use it for blending either.

But I love it because of those very reasons: too long, too wide, too soft & too flimsy. It's my HG for loose powder application for that soft, light and natural look. Totally kicks MAC 129 to the curb.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this brush every day. I've also given this brush out to friends and family who I felt would enjoy using it. Soft, super affordable, especially when the e.lf. Studio line is half off because the usually $3 brushes become $1.50 . Although it is inexpensive it doesn't look or feel cheap as the design is sleek and the bristles are super soft.

on 12/21/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this brush for dusting on loose powder. It works great for that and it washes well. I haven't experienced shedding yet like I did with the ELF flat top powder brush. What I don't like is that fact that it's cheaply made. You get what you pay for. The farrel is coming loose. I can feel it shake whenever I use it. I'm afraid one day I'll be using it and it will just pop off the handle, bristles and and all. I wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am going to make this a quickie as I normally do not.
I use this brush for my Hoola bronzer and I LOVE IT!
I use an angeled brush to contour like a 168 but for a lighter bronzed look this is great. I use it to bronze the temple area the cheeks the jaw line and down the neck. I have some much more expensive brushes but I always seem to grab this one for a nice bronzed look all over.
It is a great price you cant beat it for how soft and fluffy this brush is!
The only down side is most ALL of my ELF brushes are loose at the ferrule!! Yeah it stinks but you get what you pay for and I just glue them LOL!
As I said great for bronzer but I do not use this for powder as I feel the brush isnt dense enuff for that. If I use powder I like a nice dense brush this one is far more fluffy then dense meaning it has a purpose just not powder for me!

on 5/2/2010 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is by far one of the best brushes I've ever used, and it's only $3! Normally I'm not a big fan of synthetic brushes. This brush though doesn't even really feel like a synthetic brush against my skin. It's very soft and silky feeling. The bristles are dense & even. There has been no shedding. Like most synthetics it also cleans very easily. Applies foundation and powder evenly and smoothly and does a great job at contouring and blending. It picks up a lot like hair but doesn't grab nearly as much powder, making it a little easier to work with mineral makeup. If there was only one brush I was going to pack, this would probably be it.

Popular Makeup Brushes