e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush

ELF Studio Complexion BrushStudio Complexion BrushStudio Complexion Brush27

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

i had this brush for about 2 years, and this is the second one, its ok but its about $6 so its about expected. i use this for powder to set my face/dust of my ‘bake’ or for bronzer. i wash my brishes every week and it is starting to shed a few hairs.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've bought this brush in 2010 or 2011? After a couple of years the handle came loose, so I just glued it back together and it hasn't come off since. It hasn't bled, it hasn't shed. It's easy to clean and still soft 7 years later. I use this for blush, for bronzer, for cream for powder. It can handle anything. It was one of the first brushes I ever bought, and now i'm looking at other elf brushes since this has held up so well. even the text is still on the handle!

I do have dedicated brushes now for applying blush, bronzer or highlighter so I don't use it everyday. But whenever a brush is dirty or i'm trying a new product or routine I grab this brush. The quality is outstanding for the price and it still looks like new.

I'm also a big fan of real techinques brushes but the rubber end on the handle gets sticky after a couple of years, the printed text wears off and the ferrules get dented after travel. You can see that they are old. But my complexion brush looks still the same.

The brush is oval shaped and decently dense. It's not a very dense brush, it's still supple and slightly floppy. This means that it's perfect to give a medium to light application of blush/bronzer, and the shape makes is suitable for quick contouring or blending out face powders. I did find it was slightly streaky with very pigmented blushes, but that's really more down to the shape. a round domed brush is much better at an even application. I mostly prefer it for bronzer and contouring as it never gives you a too harsh appearance. It's also an easy brush to bring along if you are like me and only want to bring one face brush for everything.

If you think you'll use this type of brush, go for it. I understand that elf brushes might be hit or miss, but it totally worth to give this brush a shot. If for some reason I ever lose this brush, I will repurchase it. It's a true multitasker

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this brush!! I use it for bronzer, blush, and finishing powder. The bristles aren't rough and unlike other cheap powder brushes I've tried, this doesn't shed everywhere. When I wash it it does shed bristles sometimes, but that's about it. I've had it for six months and it's still going strong. Considering the fact that this cost less than $3, I think that's pretty good! If you're looking for a multi-tasking face brush and don't mind drugstore brushes then I highly recommend getting this.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

At first I wasn't sure what to do with this brush but after experimenting with all things powder, I realize you can use it for most things. I wouldn't recommend it if you are only using powder as foundation, because it wouldn't get the coverage but as far as powder over foundation, blush and bronzer, it works and feels like a dream. I didn't think I was going to get any color with it because of its fluffiness, but somehow it works beautifully. It's also great for setting powder and blending face for a more natural look after you are done with your makeup.
Another great, cheap brush

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this brush about a year a go and loved it. Blended my blush/bronzer seamlessly. It was so great I wanted to buy several more to have a clean one to blend everything, and some for just blush and bronzer. Well a few weeks ago I finally went to Target and bought three more brushes, and was crushed they are not the same. The best way I can describe it is that they taper into more of an oval shape. They do not apply the same as my old one, the blush/bronzer does not go on evenly. It is a clumsy brush. Maybe I just bought a bad brush? The kabuki one blends much better, the tapered and angled brush I like more for blush and bronzer.

I've had this soft and serviceable brush for a long time... I can't say exactly how long. Could be anywhere from 4-5 years; and it is finally about to fly the coup. This brush, along with the other e.l.f. brushes I bought around that same time, have started to shed like crazy and are entirely unusable. However, you can hardly blame an inexpensive brush for shedding after that length of time- probably even a pricey one would.

I've used this primarily as my main blush brush, but also as an all-over bronzer brush and a powder brush. When you're traveling and need to carry fewer brushes this is a real multitasker.

A couple issues with this brush were that shortly after I got it, the black paint chipped off the handle in a major way. That's simply an aesthetic thing and didn't bother me much. The other thing was that the brush head broke off the handle and had to be glued back on more than once. That one was more of an inconvenience. My mom has the same e.l.f. brushes and hers also required repair.

Overall the brush was good value, in spite of the maintenance concerns! But it is time to retire it. I live in Canada and it's hard to find e.l.f., unless I'm lucky enough to stumble across it at Winners. And the website doesn't have the best Canadian shipping options. So I think I'll be replacing this brush with one from Real Techniques or EcoTools. But if you can pick it up, it's a good steal.

on 9/2/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Best brush ever!!!! This brush applies makeup beautifully, I have had it for 3 weeks now, and is the only brush I have been using for powder foundation, blush, bronzer and contour. Specially it is great for contouring cheekbones, I'm always a mess doing contour and with this brush it is so easy and blends everything beautifully. I'm considering buying one or two more, because with this I can do all my face makeup without bothering to use a million other brushes.

Also I have washed it and it didn`t shed. 100% recommended

on 8/1/2015 12:57:00 PM

Great brush for powder. I tried to use it for blush but it's a bit too big for me. I only use it for light dusting of powder as its not dense and sweeps powder on do its not too obvious

The handle kept threatening to come off until I glued it.

on 7/29/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use this brush for a natural application of bronzer. If you're looking for a precise bronzer brush, this isn't for you. I can' believe I only paid $3 for it. I'm loving it more than my expensive brushes.

on 10/11/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favourite brush. I really need to buy a couple more of these because at the moment I'm using it for multiple things and I only have the one. I use it to set my face with powder, then I use it to contour and to apply bronzer. It is so soft and it picks up the right amount of product. It's big and fluffy but also can be use on an angle to make contouring look very natural and blended out. It's just perfect! No cons at all for this brush. Price is fantastic too!

Popular Makeup Brushes