Jane Iredale Eye shadow

4.2

Not tested on animals

on 11/28/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The all-5 lippies are for the matte shades only, tho. The mattes hold without a primer on my very oily lids *very* well, actually unexpectedly long. Definitely not worse than the best in the non-natural department store makeup brands. These are an absolutely no-compromise choice for those seeking good ingredients in makeup but not wishing to compromise in performance. The longevity being very good, they don't stain the skin and can be removed tracelessly with a swipe of a finger when they finally give in (oily lids, ahoy).
Colors are a subjective matter, so I can only say the shade range is quite good. Pigmentation is good. I own maybe 8 shades, and I also use Cappuccino to naturally define my brows as I don't like the eyebrow kits they sell (there're no color dupes in the eyeshadow range for those in the 2 brow kits)
However, their shimmery shades crease and smudge quite soon- the longevity with those is subpar, not even close to the matte shades. So with the shimmery shades I still have to stick to non-natural makeup brands (thankfully, I don't like shimmery, so I have very few musthaves of those).

on 9/14/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like Jane Iredale eyeshadows. They have good color, nice texture and good staying power. They aren't quite as creamy as the korres or clinique eyeshadows (my other favorites), but they are still quite good. One thing I wish is they had more shimmery options, many of her eyeshadows are matte and I like a little shimmer to mine.

on 10/17/2009 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

sigh. As much as I love Jane Iredale foundation and blush, I hate the eyeshadow. This stung my eyes and made them water, and even though I used Too Faced eye primer, this faded away to almost nothing. Literally. I used the triple cognac trio, and it faded so bad that it wasn't even apparent I was wearing eyeshadow...it looked like I had slept in my makeup and just decided to not wash my face and I was wearing yesterday's makeup. So disappointing. And it was so expensive too. Dang almost anything is better than this! No recommendation.

on 6/1/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite natural eyeshadow. The color is true, it lasts all day, and really flatters my coloring. I have the trio in Triple Cognac. The lightest color makes a great overall wash, the medium a good crease color and the darker brown a nice outer V color. They apply smoothly and give a consistent color. I always use primer, so that helps. Having switched to all natural eye products, these shadows are my favorite. I used to have very red, irritated eyes all the time and making the switch to Jane Iredale shadows, Korres Mascara, Pur Minerals liner and Bare Escentuals or Pur Minerals primer has made a huge difference.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really sad that I can't like this product! I love JI so much, but the eyeshadow was a real let down!
Within about 30 minutes it was creasing--really badly! And I had on eyeprimer!
The colors are GORGEOUS, and the texture is really good (it applies very smoothly), but unforunantely, it creases horribly for me. I do have very oily skin, so that probably helped it to crease. If you have oily skin, don't buy this!

on 5/10/2009 10:26:00 AM

i have the sweet spot trio and i LOVE it. NO creasing at all and no smudging or downfall.

it stays on all day and the color is beautifull

on 1/18/2009 7:39:00 PM

I reluctantly bought this shadow after a bout of conjuctivitis due to Bare Minerals eye shadows. Initially I didn't think it was due to the shadows but after throwing it all away, waiting for the infection to clear up and re-purchasing all new Bare Minerals it happened AGAIN!! Anyway, these shadows are hard to find in salons so I drove out of my way on the way home from work one night and purchased two single shadows, a brown and light taupe color. In addition to the pure ingedients they are supposed to contain they contain pine bark extract and pomegranite extract. Sounds like it could be highly allergenic but I thought I would give it a whirl. Well.... that lasted about a week before I woke up one morning to bright red and very painful eyes! Arrgggh, what the heck?! I am done with mineral shadows!!! Ladies, save your money on these expensive and messy shadows. They are no better than the drugstore shadows which is what I am going back to now.

on 11/16/2008 1:37:00 PM

Jane Iredale may have taken bismuth out of their regular makeup, but they DIDN"T take it out of their eye shadow--as I learned the hard way. I bought the shadow in slate brown which went on beautifully--smooth, beautiful look, etc. Within a few hours, however, my eyes were burning like crazy and I had to quickly wash it off. Grabbing the box it came in, I saw that the second ingredient listed is bismuth! Bismuth can be very irritating to people with sensitive skin (see multiple websites, Material Safety Data Sheets, etc.) I'm returning this.

Edit: After posting this I kept wondering how I missed that bismuth is an ingredient so I returned to the JI website where I had checked this before buying-- sure enough, on their website, pure pressed eyeshadow ingredients are NOT shown to include bismuth. Since I bought this within the past two weeks, I plan to find out whether JI just recently took bismuth out and I bought an older shadow, or whether their website is off.

I am honestly surprised people like this so much. I know her products have a good reputation, but I am not a fan of her eye shadows. I bought a pallete that has 5 different shadows, and they looked SO pretty in the package. I was just sure they would be fabulous. The reality, however, wasn't as great. They do go one smooth and have a nice texture, but the lighter colors are chalky and the staying power (even with lid primer) is poor. I guess what I would say is that if you're looking for a very subtle day-time look, these are fine. If you're looking for something a little smokier and dressier to wear at night, I wouldn't recommend it. It will be so faded half way through the evening. When it comes to shadow staying power, it's very difficult to beat MAC. If you need something to last you all night without fading or creasing that's the way to go.

on 12/2/2008 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Oyster/Supernova is beautiful. I really like the daytime and nighttime kits also. I use the cream to powder eyeliner in Plum Plus with the oyster/supernova and it looks great! The shadows stay on all day. I dont have to retouch at all during the day. I got my JI from agelessapple.com at a great price.