Shiseido Maquillage Climax Moisture Powdery Foundation AW

Shiseido  Maquillage Climax Moisture Powdery Foundation AW

3.5

on 4/20/2010 6:29:00 AM

i bought the 2009 autumn/winter version of this, and I can't say I really like it. i bought it so that i could have a quick application when i'm in a rush.
pros:
it has super high coverage, i didn't expect a powder fdt to be able to cover up all my acne scars, but this one did!
it is moisturizing, it didn't accentuate my dry patches in the winter where my skin is super dry

cons:
it looks kind of cakey since it is so thick
the colors are really yellow
it is not long lasting and i get really oily after 2-3hours ( and it was in winter!)
i have to set it with a powder since it feels really sticky and gets oily really quickly

this is not really great for the price, and i have to wait until it's really freezing to use it or i'll look like a grease ball

on 3/10/2009 10:08:00 PM

After trying out almost every foundation known to mankind (high and low end brands), I decided to venture out into Asian brands, instead of the usual Western brands. I discovered Shiseido's Maquillage line, and decided to get their pressed powders. Keeping in mind that most brands (this includes Chanel) color ranges (their lightest) are even too dark for mine. Not drastically, but dark enough for me to see it, and I'm sure for others as well. I found my perfect shade in OC00 (the Maquillage line for this foundation comes in 6 shades), and it blends PERFECTLY into my skin. It is truly amazing. It covers my uneven skintone (i apply my favourite Lise Watier Portfolio concealer under it for areas that need more concealing) and glid this on top with the sponge that comes in it. Needless to say, even the sponge is great quality! The pressed powder itself is silky and glides on like butter!! It doesnt make me look like I'm wearing a ton of foundation; it's very natural looking. And you don't need a lot of this stuff, a little does go a long ways! Just don't overdo it, or it can look obvious (I usually just brush my MAC 189 on top of it to blend everything out).

Oh, and did I mention it DOESN'T break out my ultra sensitive skin?! Everytime I try out a new foundation (liquid, cream, powder, you name it) my skin tends to thank me in return with a huge zit. And this is not the case with this foundation! This is truly my HG!!!

**you can get this off a few sites that deliver worldwide, PM me if you want to know**
Also, I got the LE Christopher Kane case version, (black case with sparkles on top) but the original is a cute pink case. Same pressed powder though!

Hope this helps!! :)