Garden of Wisdom Cleansing Oil

No Image

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm using cleansing oil to remove sunscreen in the evening; this is the best finished cleansing oil I've used so far. Comparisons: Shu Uemura (rapid irritation just on hands, so it went nowhere near the face), Dermalogica's PreCleanse (rapid irritation), and DHC (eventual clogging and irritability).

This is dramatically cheaper than the DHC, and lighter-weight (sweet almond and hazelnut oils, rather than just olive, and minus the coconut derivatives). Like the DHC, best applied with dry hands to dry skin, rubbed around a bit (gently), emulsified with tepid water, then washed off. I use a washcloth/face-cloth/flannel. Very little scent, and neither objectionable nor sneeze-inducing. I've found no need to wash again afterwards, unlike with the DHC. I've been following up with a splash of witch-hazel (aqueous - GoW again, one of the better straight-up no-alcohol ones I've found). Then moisturiser: often just a bit of oil on drier patches of skin. No zits, no irritation, all well and clear.

Costs $2.85/1oz, $8.40/4oz, $14.05/16oz plus shipping. Cruelty-free. Packaging: comes in a plastic flip-cap bottle with a fairly plain label, no frills, no objections here. The bottle is a fairly standard one, so if you'd prefer a pump top, go get one - they also sell such things on GoW - or reuse an old DHC bottle, that's what I'm doing at present.

INGREDIENTS: Organic Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Hazelnut Oil, Peg-7 Olivate, Cromollient STS, Alkyl Benzoate, Rosemary Oil Extract continued >>

on 3/10/2009 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have only used it once, but compared to DHC's cleansing oil which gave me a red rash immediately, this is looking hopeful. Removed all traces of makeup including waterproof mascara. Will update soon!
UPDATE: I have not used this on my face since the last time, but instead I use it to remove sunscreen from my body. I am hesitant to use this on my face because it leaves a slight film.