Garden of Wisdom Cleansing Oil

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

2.5

Organic Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Hazelnut Oil, Peg-7 Olivate, Cromollient STS, Alkyl Benzoate, Rosemary Oil Extract

I really like this. DHC wasn`t doing it for me: it was too thick, too chemically and it stung my eyes (which is never a good sign: it means harsh ingredients). I`ve tried straight Olive Oil, but it brought me out in cystic acne, but this is much better. As other reviewers have said: it`s lighter, it smells nicer, but it DOES get everything off AND rinse. leaves skin soft, although I always follow with a mild cleanser (the cystic olive oil experience scared me off doing straight OCM).

All in all, really like it. best cleansing oil i`ve found.

on 3/7/2010 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really, really wanted to like this product...I had been reading about the OCM method and wanted to get rid of the sebum plugs and blackheads. After a week of using this product, I started getting terrible cystic pimples on my chin and neckline (where I never get blemishes) for three weeks. These have been the worst breakouts of my life and every day I regret trying OCM.

I've had really good experiences with other GoW products (hydrosols moisturizers, mandelic acid, salicylic acid) in the past so I don't think it's an issue of quality control. OCM may give some people miraculous results. However, it doesn't work for everyone and unfortunately, I'm one of those people.