Garden of Wisdom Cleansing Oil

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

on 8/26/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using GOW Oil cleanser for a few years now and this is the ONLY cleanser I use to clean my face . I have dry dehydrated skin and no matter how mild the cleanser was , my skin would feel tight after .
Its very easy to use - I rub some oil on hands and rub them on my face gently in a circular motion. Then I take a washcloth , soak it in warm water and put it on my face for a few seconds and rub all the makeup off.All the makeup comes off instantly ! It even takes waterproof mascara off.

Since I started using this cleanser my skin feels soft and not dry /tight anymore.

This is my HG cleanser and I don't bother trying out any other cleansers any more.

on 3/13/2011 12:24:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleansing oil. It has a pleasant fragrance and suits my combo skin type. I find it easy to apply with my fingertips and then I massage in circular motions for up to two minutes. It is then easily removed using warm water and a face washer.

I find it works equally well with my mineral or liquid foundations and it is fabulous at removing my eye makeup - even waterproof mascara seems to melt away.

Will definitely be repurchasing this baby!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm using cleansing oil to remove sunscreen in the evening; this is the best finished cleansing oil I've used so far. Comparisons: Shu Uemura (rapid irritation just on hands, so it went nowhere near the face), Dermalogica's PreCleanse (rapid irritation), and DHC (eventual clogging and irritability).

This is dramatically cheaper than the DHC, and lighter-weight (sweet almond and hazelnut oils, rather than just olive, and minus the coconut derivatives). Like the DHC, best applied with dry hands to dry skin, rubbed around a bit (gently), emulsified with tepid water, then washed off. I use a washcloth/face-cloth/flannel. Very little scent, and neither objectionable nor sneeze-inducing. I've found no need to wash again afterwards, unlike with the DHC. I've been following up with a splash of witch-hazel (aqueous - GoW again, one of the better straight-up no-alcohol ones I've found). Then moisturiser: often just a bit of oil on drier patches of skin. No zits, no irritation, all well and clear.

Costs $2.85/1oz, $8.40/4oz, $14.05/16oz plus shipping. Cruelty-free. Packaging: comes in a plastic flip-cap bottle with a fairly plain label, no frills, no objections here. The bottle is a fairly standard one, so if you'd prefer a pump top, go get one - they also sell such things on GoW - or reuse an old DHC bottle, that's what I'm doing at present.

INGREDIENTS: Organic Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Hazelnut Oil, Peg-7 Olivate, Cromollient STS, Alkyl Benzoate, Rosemary Oil Extract continued >>