Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 004 Sandstorm

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 004 Sandstorm

4.1

on 1/15/2016 11:58:00 AM

Even with light hand, it still makes my skin super chalky......and my t-zone still gets oily around the same time.........so it's a no go for me........but since it's really cheap so it doesn't really hurt to try.........
UPDATE: after trying numerous high-end powder...this powder really isn't bad for the price.......i use it for touch up and it gives a bit of coverage and nice finish.......didn't bother my super sensitive skin.....i realize it holds for longer times if you use a sponge or powder puff instead of a brush.......and concentrate on oily areas....Wouldn't mind paying a bit more if they can do something about the package!!

I think this is a nice powder but I do notice it really settles in my lines and imperfections. Nice for the time being but i'll keep looking for something to replace my Maybelline dream matte powder

To Read all 142 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/17/2015 11:03:00 PM

Keeps my face matte. Very affordable and has a lot of product in the pan. It has 14g of pressed powder and retails for about P 290 ($6). Rimmel has been producing this sought after and much loved powder for years and they never thought to improve the packaging! I really would have loved that this comes in a FLIP CAP instead of its clear cap that loosens up over time. However, for the price, this is a worth repurchasing.

on 8/23/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this unexpectedly. I forgot my mac studio fix powder at home while I was out of town and didn't want to buy a new one just yet. I got this in shade 004 sandstorm and use nc30 in studio fix powder. I think it matches my skin very well. A little bit lighter than the studio fix but nothing to noticeable. Wasn't expecting much from this. It does last as long as it says and just as long as my studio fix. Coverage isn't full.. but maybe light to medium. The thing that got me surprised was that when my face did get shiny and blotted my face and reapplied with my rimmel.. it didn't get cakey at all! It still look really good. With my studio fix you can definitely tell. I really loved it after that! Definitely will repurchase again.. and for the price.. I think I bought mine for maybe 5-6 bucks from target.

One truly great find! Don't be fooled by the inexpensive price, this powder delivers as promised. It come in a cheap plastic container which could easily break if you are the type to chuck it in your purse but I haven't had any issues with the packaging or the product breaking yet. It does not come with a puff or brush but who doesn't have a brush to use? I have oily skin and find that I rarely have to reapply this during the day, maybe only on really hot and humid days otherwise it lasts a good 5 or 6 hours before the shine starts to show through. Best of all, the powder is silky and doesn't look cakey on my skin. This is a great drugstore product that I tend to keep at home because it doesn't have a mirror but you really can't complain given the price. I think I paid around $4 on sale.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i can't tell you how many of these 'shine control' and 'oil absorbing' powders i've tried in my life. i have combination skin. in the warmer weather, my T zone gets oily and it's just always that way. i've tried primers, matte foundations, those stupid blotting wipes, countless powders. people will ask me, ''why are you sweating?'' when i'm not sweating at all, my face is just greasy! lol at 33, i was just about to give it up and accept it as one of my not-so-desirable features.
i picked this baby up at Walgreens on a whim, not expecting it to work at all...well.. surprise!!! :-)
this stuff is by no means a miracle cure for chronic greasy face lol but it does work really well and the best part is, it doesn't look like a TON of makeup caked on your face.
i put it to the true test. i applied some in my oily areas and then proceeded to clean the house for about 3 hours. dirty, sweaty work. when i looked in the mirror, i was shocked!
no nasty oil slick, makeup running down my face and powder caked in the creases like it normally is. so i applied just a little more before hitting the gym.. same result! i was just a little shiny, and again no powder all caked up anywhere.
the coverage is very nice and natural looking, too. this might just be my holy grail summer powder. the only thing i really dislike is the packaging. no compact, no mirror, no brush.. just a pot of powder with a lid that's a little difficult to remove.
i can forgive all that, though. for the price, this is an excellent matte powder. i will definitely be repurchasing!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is what I bought when I was looking for a reliable powder that I can buy again and again. It's proved itself to be that, and it's now a favorite of mine. It doesn't cake on my skin and it keeps the shine away for long. Whenever I finish it, I just buy the same again. I love it.

on 8/5/2014 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am in love with this product. I have been using it for over 5 years, and will continue to use it. I am a teenager who does have breakouts, and deals with oily skin on a daily basis. It keeps the oils under control and covers breakouts magically. I love love love this product and will continue to repurchase until I find a better powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do quite enjoy this product, I tried the Covergirl Clean oil control powder and Rimmel's is better. Although both make me matte upon application, this keepd me matte for longer. Wish this lasted all day, for me it doesn't, but none the less, I like it.

on 5/14/2014 4:20:00 PM

I got this powder in Sandstorm since I read that if I got a shade that matched my very fair skin perfectly, I'd look washed out

This powder lives up to its "shine control" claim, but sometimes it made my combination skin look cakey and mannequin-like. It contains parabens too, which turns me off.

I am now much happier using Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance pressed powder in light.