Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Santal 77

4.3

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

On NC 25 skin this color is a gorgeous peach pink nude. No shimmer, just a sophicated, creamy color. The laque formula lasts half a day through eating and drinking. This formula does not bleed on me and it wears evenly. While I do not find it drying, I do find my lips must be exfoliated first. Pick this color and formula up while you can if you want a creamy, natural color for a polished appearance.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this so badly. Everytime I go to the Chanel counter I put on the Rouge Allure Laque in MING (pink shade) and I looooooove it! However when I actually decided to buy I impulsively picked this shade over Ming. Santal is a pretty peachy color that is neutral in tone. It looks nice on, but that's all, just nice. Ming is a lot prettier on and more pigmented I think. Santal just looks like I have lip balm on. And for $32? Not worth it. If it was $14-$15, then yes, I would like it more but next time, I'm getting Ming.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Please click continued for swatches on arm.

Santal is a peachy pink with a strong beige tone imo with subtle golden shimmers. It pulls slightly too warm for my liking and fyi, I'm a B10 in Aqualumiere Eclat of Chanel. I prefer this applied lightly with my lip brush instead of the doe foot applicator, which deposits too much colour on my lips. Also, this is rose-scented and fortunately it doesn't last on lips.

The texture is a smooth liquid, which is very different from glossimer, which is basically a gel. I believe this is also why it is easy to spread on lips evenly too. I always have a hard time spreading more creamy lip products on lips evenly and those always end up as a patchy mess. However, this dried out my lips slightly during the Winter after around 30 mins of application, but still, it's still comfortable on lips. When I look at the mirror, my lips didn't look dried out in fact, but still with a subtle soft sheen with the fake moisturized look, lol.

As for wear, I cannot really testify. I don't liek this colour on me, so it has an hour of wear on me before getting wiped off, lol. I don't know how does this compare to the Rouge Allure, but it definitely stays longer than glossimer.

continued >>

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Lovely Lovely shade.
Universally flattering, Santal is a peachy-coral with some subdued shimmer. Its lightly glossy, provides plenty of color, and a subtle shimmer, not glittery at all.
Elegant, refined, YLBB: this is a shade you can wear anywhere and anytime; its perfect for daywear or paired with a dramatic smoky eye.
Wears like a gloss, i.e. around 3 to 4 hours, then you'll have to re-apply.
Stunnign black, sleek tube that is so elegant to take out of your purse!
Totally recommend.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I cannot believe I spent $32 on this product! A total impulse buy, one that I regret deeply.

The only good thing about this lip gloss is that it's very moisturizing (the reason I'm giving it 1 lippie). Otherwise, on my NW35 skin tone, it appears a pearly pinkish white, not flattering at all (like I mentioned, this was an impulse buy).

But what's worse is that it lasts for about 20 minutes, even when I'm not eating or drinking or doing anything else. It just fades into my lips and it's not there anymore! I have to layer it over a really pigmented lipstick to make this stand out at all. I'm not a fan of thin, runny consistency either. I've spent a third this amount on lip glosses, and had more pigmentation and lasting power.

I also purchased Dragon (#75), and that had no lasting power either. This is basically a very expensive lip balm. You've been warned!

GORGEOUS STUNNING color..
it's a peachy coral color with hints of pink and subdued golden shimmers.. depends on your natural lip color.. it's little darker than lancome's l'absolu rouge 201 beige velours..
Perfect for a nude lip with dramatic eyes as well as a tone-it-down color on a brighter lipy, i used it over an orange lipstick n it makes it a stunning perfect coral..
2 problems was the price i gt it fr, $42 n it's not cle de peau, and the fact that it balls up in the corners of my lips, other than that, i think it is worth it for me coz i won't be using it perpetually.. time it lasts is about 3-4 hours after eating, drinking and talking a lot, lol..
it's 6ml bt the packaging could pass of as like 4ml if you don't read it..
it's a cross between lipstick and lipgloss and gives a lot of color in just 1 application with the doe foot wand + it ain't sticky at all..

my first rouge allure laque and i really like this. i love the smooth moisturizing texture. the color is a pretty pinky color with a bit of shimmers. usually i prefer lip products with a creme consistency instead of shimmer or frost, but this is a nice color appropriate for work. it brightens my complexion and gives me a pulled together look without trying too hard. it goes on my pretty pigmented lips opaquely and seems to have a decent lasting power on me. i wouldn't say this is a nude color for me, it is more of a mlbb color with some shimmers in it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Santal is a peachy nude with slight shimmer. It is gorgeous on my moderately pigmented lips and is my go-to nude color. The formula is thinner and more sheer than some of the darker shades and I do find myself reapplying it more often but it still is beautiful. I use it with a lip liner and that helps quite a bit.

This stuff is awesome. It's expensive and when I have to buy a new one, I can't go out to lunch for a week but it's totally worth it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So... it is one of those days ....
You start your makeup routine ... put on foundation, concealer, blush but you still look sad...
Then you start putting on your eye makeup, plus mascara, but you still look sad and meh....
Then you put this 77 on, and BIG BADABOUMMMM you look awake and Gorgeous !!!!
Why ???
Maybe that's it's power, maybe it has some secret...

I love this color and I really adore the texture and the formula I finally found something that doesnt dries my horrible lips out. I've bought numerous different lipsticks from h/e to d/s and it was all too drying.
The terrible news tho is that they told me they arent getting it back in stock so I wondered if they are going to dc it? I surely hope not cause that would be a real shame. Or maybe its just where I live, meh.
I know the pricetag is pretty high, but its worth for me, going on the hunt for back ups now, lol.

Popular Lips Products