Essie Eternal Optimist #676

Eternal Optimist #676

4.3

on 4/23/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Another Essie polish that I enjoy. This and lady like are my go to "nude" colors. I do find I need 3 coats to get a solid even look on my nails but that seems to be the norm for all the Essie polishes I own. It a nice delicate pink color however I feel lady like compliments my skin tone more. I top all my polishes with seche vite and get a good 4 days or so of wear. If I was actually proactive and did things like wear gloves while cleaning and washing dishes I'm sure it would last longer.

on 3/19/2017 3:29:00 PM

Although this color looks like a gorgeous light rose in the bottle, against my pale skin it comes across with an orange tint. The quality is fine - shiny, smooth, and overall typical Essie - but the shade isn't flattering, at least with my very light complexion. Also, it had a stronger chemical smell than usual from the brand. Your mileage may vary, of course.

on 8/27/2015 10:05:00 PM

My favourite Essie shade from the dozen I've tried, and I'm usually a red nail polish girl (I do love a few of the Essie reds)

Incredibly flattering on my lighter olive skin, it's an update on a pinky nude shade, not too light, not too dark. Most alleged 'nudes' are either too light and chalky, too brown, too sheer or too 'looking like liquid paper' etc and I've avoided them for years. This one? It's my Holy Goldilocks, aka 'just right' (:

Application is great, thin but smooth and buildably so, I usully do three with a top coat, I'm neglectful about base coats with lighter colours. Even without a base, this lasts a solid 6 days before chipping, provided I haven't been cleaning my house without gloves as usual.

on 7/19/2015 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

One of my favourite My Nails But Better Shades. A pale, neutral mauve cream, with good gloss. I can use one coat for a good coverage. I am NW 25

on 9/13/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Essie is known to be a hit-or-miss brand, so I was a bit cautious about spending $8 on nail polish when there was a similar color from a lesser-hyped brand for only $4. I had a gift card, so I thought, "now's the time to try it out".

The nail polish smell was very strong. Normally I don't mind it but this one was intense.
The color was very easy to apply and dried completely in about three minutes. It isn't entirely opaque but still looked very good on my nails.
Later on I went and did some yard work and household chores. Even after that, there were no chips. This is only day two but so far it's going strong.

The color goes very well with my skin tone and I recommend it as a great rosy neutral for anyone with olive skin. This was worth the money.

on 8/27/2014 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like Essie polishes usually, but my brand new bottle was streaky resulting in chips the very first day. The color is nice, a very rosy shade that leans toward a neutral.

This is the perfect nude that compliments my skin tone amazingly! It's more of a pink / peach nude and works brilliantly for any season and any place. This colour is perfect for my rather conservative work place, where I don't want boring bare nails and can't wear anything too noticeable or bright. I love the name of the polish too!

Whilst Essie polish isn't as easy to apply as say, OPI, I did not find it too streaky / difficult to apply. I like the wide brush, it just makes it spread evenly. I used 2 coats and that was opaque enough. I used a base coat - this may have helped the polish apply better. It dried reasonably quickly and the room temperature was about 21 degrees c.

I will have to come back to comment on how long it lasted. Overall, I have a sneaky suspicion this may be my HG nail varnish colour!

on 4/19/2014 11:24:00 AM

i finally found a nude that doesn't wash out my skin! love this polish. <3

on 4/4/2014 2:56:00 PM

This comes in with Lady like. A polish for the day you don't know what to wear but need something. Perfect for the interview day or the day you want to look professional but still have some color on your nails. This is a Rosey cream opaque/saturated but not dark. A color you can use anytime of year. I see a few knocks about the wear time on this. I always use a top coat on all my saturated colors Orly or the new Sally Hanson shiny or matte top coat it will extend your wear time several days. I work for a manufacturer and I'm not only in an office but have to go back into production and warehouse areas. I also work part time at a medical spa. I can take an Essie polish even on the most brutal day with a base and top coat from day job to pt time job and my polish is perfect. I love this color and it will join my line of stable colors that I can use any time any place all year.

on 3/11/2014 6:05:00 PM

Gonna need a backup of this. A lovely neutral shade, looks great on toes and tips, only minimal tip wear after several days, including housework, trips to the gym, swimming, etc. A good pick if you need a palate cleanser from darks, vamps and reds. Also, nice texture, sort of gel-like but covers nicely. I used base, 2 coats, topcoat.

Popular Polishes