Skinfood Rice Mask

Skinfood Rice Mask
Rice Mask

Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Water, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Sucrose Cocoate, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Parfum

on 5/24/2017 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am soooo surprised by this product. When I first opened it I was ready for it to be awful because it just looked like conditioner with sugar in it and it smelt like it too however as I applied it, it felt really gentle and soft on my face. After washing it off, my face looked a lot brighter and honestly the softest it's ever been!!! I bought it in attempt of lightening my acne scars which I feel it's done SLIGHTLY but I've only used it 3/4 times so I can't judge the lightening/whitening characteristics yet. It doesn't break me out which I feared it would because I have sensitive skin and have JUST finished accutane so I was scared it would trigger my acne but it didn't. :)
GREAT PRODUCT AND SO CHEAP

on 4/4/2017 6:59:00 AM

I bought this when I travelled to Singapore last december. I don't have any exfoliator with me that time and my skin badly needs a good exfoliating. This was the only available variant in the nearest Skinfood store I went to. Since I love their black sugar one, I thought this wouldn't be bad plus this is initially for sensitive skin type I'm pretty sure this won't hurt my skin.

Okay tbh it isn't bad, but really I did not feel any exfoliating. I normally exfoliate like once or twice a week but at that time I tried using it for 3 days straight and I'm still not satisfied. In the end I settled for some peel-off mask and gave this to my boyfriend. He barely listen to my nagging for his skincare but I'm pretty sure he's using it coz it's already half empty. I never heard him complain about it if it means anything.

on 8/31/2016 6:31:00 AM

Particles finer than the Black sugar mask, yet to see any long time effects.

on 7/8/2016 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Another Skinfood mask I bought on a whim. And technically this is a mask. The directions say to massage it into dry skin for a few minutes and then leave it on for 10-15 minutes (IIRC, I don't have it in front of me). Personally, I use this as a scrub and then wash it off immediately. I tried leaving it on, but I *hated* the feel of it just sitting there on my skin. I wanted to tear my skin, honestly. But as a scrub this is perfect for my skincare needs now. I used to use and love QH mint julep scrub, which has fine, dense particles, and is lovely, but my skin simply can't handle it anymore thanks to tretinoin. But this mask absolutely scratches my scrub junkie itch. Because I can really work it into my skin without tearing my face apart. It exfoliates without being harsh and I love it. It's so much better and gentler than the Skinfood sugar scrub, especially if you have sensitive skin.

I like this one more than the black sugar one. The grains are softer and smaller. I have normal combination skin, i use this once a week at night before sleep. Apply, rub rub rub (my lips too), massage for 2 or 3 mins, leave it to dry for 15 mins, rinse, then apply sheet mask for another 30 mins. I always feel like i have the softest, brightest, plumpiest skin after that! The only thing i do not like is i have to use spatula to pick the product out but that's the only downside of it.

on 10/15/2015 9:33:00 PM

Overall Ratings: 3.75

The directions on the packaging of the product I received was a little confusing – I don’t have the product with me right now, but I will need to update on the exact phrase. I was confused by the wording if I was supposed to massage my face for 10-15 minutes, or leave on for 10-15 minutes. Thank goodness for the internets. Alternate directions that made more sense: “After washing, apply desired amount onto face, focusing on nose area while avoiding eye and mouth areas. Wait 10 to 15 minutes, and then wash off with warm water.”

Getting the product out of the tub felt a bit strange and I didn’t know how much I would need for my full face. I dunked my finger into the tub and scooped out a lot for each of my cheeks, probably a little over one tablespoon total. I'm not a fan of this tub packaging for this kind of product. After I stick my finger into the tub and put the product on my face, what do I do? The product doesn't absorb into your skin/fingers like a cream does, so I have gunk on my fingers and I can't screw the lid back on immediately, leaving the tub open until I finish massaging the product on my face and rinse the product off my fingers. //shrug// not sure what other option there is though.

Anyways, on to the product! It’s very gentle on my skin, compared to mud or clay masks. I ended up massaging the product into my skin for a bit before resting, focusing on the nose area (as they suggested). The product feels almost like frosting…or a cream cleanser that doesn’t foam with particles in it. The website mentioned the texture as “ground rice” and well, that’s exactly how it felt. The particles weren’t rough or granular like your typical face scrub.

I let the product sit on my face for at least 15 minutes, sometimes up to 30 minutes. It’s a bit difficult to wash the product of my face. It takes a lot of warm water and a few deep wipes of my face with my hands, making sure I get every little crevice around the nose area. I’ve debated about using a moist wipe to take the majority of the product of my face before rinsing, but haven’t tried it yet.

I was thoroughly surprised at how baby soft my skin was and how white my skin actually looked the first time I used it. My expectations for any skinfood products has always been low, their products never really improved my skin, but they are always fun to use and fun as gifts. I find myself reaching for this mask quite often now and though it doesn’t always give me the same bright results as the first time, I’m happy it makes my skin baby soft. I am still only on my first tub (courtesy of 3B Beauty Box), so we'll see if I pick another one up after I finish...it's only about $15, which isn't expensive if it brightens and softens my skin regularly!

Love this massage mask I guess I'd call it. First it smells so good very fresh and the rice grains are very gentle but this product actually works for me. I rubbed my nose a lot and my cheeks all my trouble spots I massaged. I did it for as long as I could. Then just left it on a few minutes longer. My sister was like you have no blackheads in your nose! It totally cleaned out my pores and left them so soft! My skin felt so soft and fresh. It's very gentle but effective. I've been dealing with some post breakout scars and this I feel has helped lighten them.

It doesn't break me out at all and just makes my skin smooth and glowey. I apply to a clean face and massage as long as I can on my problem spots and bam good skin emerges. It's a great mask for me and I'm going to move it into my shower. I think it's perfect for my combo skin this Spring. It's gentle and is removing things I don't want on my face so I like this product a lot. It was fairly reasonable on Amazon and I would most definitely repurchase this. Recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Its such a gentle scrub! Love it!

on 10/26/2014 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to find this product just okaaay. It seems to just brighten, give your skin glow, and just nourish your skin. Other than that, i dont find it useful for any of my skin flaws. BUT 2 days ago, i did something that makes me love the mask better. I had a very angry acne with the white top above my lip and after using the mask, the white bump on the top dried out! I was so shocked because in just a few mins, i found the white bump on the top was becoming smaller and soon dried out.

on 9/22/2014 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was looking for a gentle facial scrub as I have milia around my eye area. My friend recommended this facial scrub as she said it is really gentle. She has combination skin and it seems to be good for her. She gave me a small amount to try first. As for me, I like the scent but the scrub does not have much effect except to give a refreshed feel to my face. Neither do does it get rid of the milia or reduce it in size, even when I gently massage it in. I tried to massage into face and wash off immediately and apply for a while, wait and then massage in and wash off but no effect. In fact, more milia appeared on my cheeks after using it.