Parissa Persian Cold Wax Hair Remover

Parissa  Persian Cold Wax Hair Remover

4.6

Works fabulous but I heat it up . If you leave it cold, you can't spread it. I also like that it's water soluble, so if you drop it in your counter it will come off. The cotton strips are sold separately if you need extras than what's provided . My husband loves this product. He waxes his high cheeks below the eye area.

on 2/14/2016 8:46:00 PM

Beginner waxers!
this is the first wax i have used. I got so sick of shaving, I bought this to specifically use on my bikini area. I was sick of shaving and getting the annoying bumps and it would grow back so ridiculously fast. For reference-i'm irish. which means my hair is DARK & THICK. I wanted to get this to experiment with a brazillian wax at home (DIY kinda gal). I wont walk you step by step of all the methods I tried before I found the one that works for me. I used it on my leg but it would be patchy at best, a lot of the time the hair would break--maybe it's finding your own ideal length for your certain hair type? not sure.
by the time my first jar was completely gone i figured out how to use it..of course, so here it is! I took an old foundation brush for application bc i lost the wooden spatula that's given. after heating 20-30 seconds id brush some on a very small area of my bikini, put the strip down, rub it back and forth a bit and SLOWLY pull it off. not snail slowly but dont rip. when i ripped it off hardly any hair came out. but when i ripped it slower every single hair came out. I WAS AMAZED. i thought i was going to have to wax AND shave forever. I ordered another jar of it (around $10ish depending on where you got it) and am really excited to see if it keeps working on me/and try it on my legs!!
if you're looking for a wax to use at home, i'd definitely trying this one out. You get quite a few waxes with it. theres a little learning curve, but that's expected.
bonus: love the strips, let soak in water for a few minutes and dry--ready to use again!!

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a great product. Wondering why I didn't find this sooner. I have waxed for several years in the parlour in India. When I moved to US, I bought an epilator. It is very painful and causes lots of ingrown hairs esp in my legs. So I wanted to wax again. But salons are quite expensive here. So tried this product. I was able to wax my full legs, arms, underarms and even my brows with such ease. It removed hairs almost completely, may be 1 or 2 hairs here n there. I cut the strips in half. It was the right size. Was able to wash and reuse the strips as well. Wax needed warming for about 40 seconds in microwave. But it was not too warm for the skin. Even tried my bikini area, but I found it painful. About quarter of the 8 oz jar is still left. For 14$, it is a steal.
I would recommend this product to friends !

on 8/17/2014 8:47:00 PM

The best hair remover ever! Very gentle to a skin, excellent results, almost no pain!

I have tried wax strips before, Oplica, Veet, Parissa hot wax, and others. Also made laser epilation.
This one I have found the best of all wax product I ever tried in my life- well, actually it's a sugar product and not a wax.

on 6/11/2014 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This wax is amazing, I highly recommend it. Not only is it affordable, but it actually removes hair (thin or course), NOT skin, effectively with LESS pain and LESS mess! It's also easy to clean up afterwards.

After reading the reviews here on MUA, I decided to purchase this cold wax and give it a try. I am glad I did, because it is far more effective and easy to use for at home waxing compare to other products I used (such as Sally Hansen).

I've been using it for over 2 years. I don't wax every month, only on special occasions or when I feel like a bikini wax is needed. Therefore I still have the jar I purchased a long time ago. I would say I probably had at least 10 bikini wax sessions with this jar. It still has about half of the product left.

What I love about it is that it is water soluble, I can wax, and toss the strips into a bowl of water as I go, and by the time I am done waxing, the wax on the strips have dissolve in the water. I can pick up the strips and rinse them under water, and dry them overnight, and viola! no mess no fuss. Also after I'm done waxing, my bikini area gets sticky, but with this wax, I can just wipe it with a damp towel, and I'm ready to go, no need to put oil to remove the wax residue.

As far as how I use it.. I find it very helpful if I spread the wax the OPPOSITE direction of my hair growth, apply the strip, rub the strip surface for a few seconds, and pull it off the SAME direction of my hair growth. This way I noticed it removes my hair more effectively and usually don't have too much stubborn hair left. I think I read about this trick on MUA and it does help!

It's definitely a must repurchase product for me.

on 3/1/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Okay, I've only ever been going to salons to get bikini waxes done and it's always been a very painful and expensive experience. I also always ended up with ingrown hairs and irritation from the after lotions they would put on even though I'd ask them not to. I've been shaving for probably the last year because of this, and while it works ok it also causes a bunch of ingrown and it is the biggest pain ever to do on a regular basis. I essentially got fed up and since I'm going somewhere where I'll be on a beach for a week finally decided I should delve back into home waxing.

Now, the last at home wax I tried was the Nair cire divine peel off wax about five years ago. That was an -absolute- nightmare. It was extremely painful, and I was only waxing my legs. It was hard to stay warm, get it to an appropriate temperature to begin with, and to top it off it ripped off layers of skin. So needless to say I was very skeptical going and picking out one this time. The section of my local Walmart was very barren this time so there was limited selection to begin with. This stuff looked promising because it was "cold" wax, and for sensitive skin. So I picked it up ready to be disappointed again, however, I was pleasantly surprised!

I did have to pop it in the microwave for about 30s, but it didn't get overly hot and it wasn't too hard to spread. I will say, as a beginner there was a learning curve. If you spread it too thick, you'll just rip off excess wax. Overall, it wasn't too hard to spread and once I figured out how to spread it properly. It removed the hair fairly consistently, and was less painful than the salons. I did not experience any abnormal irritation (The skin did turn red - but that's expected) This kit is awesome because the wax is water soluble, so if you get it anywhere it's easy to clean, and the strips are reusable! It was about $14 and I foresee this lasting quite awhile.

If your sick of hot waxes, or a beginner give this a try!

on 12/31/2013 11:11:00 AM

Love this product! Convenient, fast and no mess. Used it on my underarms and side-burn area. Cleared the areas and there was only some slight/short-term redness. I previously haven't been able to wax my face because it would immediately break out in what resembles hives (large sore bumps for several days, and I've even tried cream and hard waxes), but I do not have that problem at all with Persian wax!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is my go to facial hair removal product, and it will be for as long as they make it. I used to buy the "nads" brand, but couldn't find it in stores anymore, so I decided to try this in it's place. I wish I had just been using this all along! This is essentially the same product for MUCH cheaper. (cheaper still if you make this yourself, but I don't have the patience for that)

This product comes in a smaller container than the nads did, which I actually like because these types of products don't stay fresh forever. I found my nads was spoiling before I got through the jar. Not the case with this product. Much less waste in that regard, which I like. I'm not super crazy about the jar packaging but as long as you keep your hands and applicator clean, it's fine.

This is easy to apply, which I do with the provided applicator, out of the jar. I find my body heat warms the wax as I am applying, so I don't microwave this first, though you may prefer that method. This is also really easy to wash off from skin.

In action, this removes my hair fairly easily which is saying a lot, considering I have very thick / coarse, ethnic hair. Sometimes I have to go over a spot with a second strip, but it doesn't irritate or hurt my skin like other products have. I can say this removes the HAIR, not your face. Some 'waxes' can't say the same, as I learned the hard way.

Acne prone skins might want to patch test an area first. This can cause some blocked pores for me, even when I wash my face immediately after. (Removed one point for that) The skin is far too tender after hair removal to use any sort of proper acne treatment, BUT, I'm less likely to develop blemishes if I rinse/flush the area very, VERY well with tepid water. I also follow up with a good moisturizer, which I think is essential. (for me it's Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Gel, which I will eventually write a review for).

Hair regrowth for me is ridiculously fast, but this keeps my hair at bay (typically) for about a week and a half, to two weeks which is nice. That might not sound like very long, but for my rate of hair regrowth, it actually is. Obviously personal results will vary. ;)

on 11/4/2012 10:11:00 PM

I have been using this product since I was 13 years old and it works wonders. I have tried many other waxing products and they can be super messy and they don't remove all the hair. This product is great because it is water soluble and doesn't make a big old mess. Another plus is that you don't need to heat it up and spend forever for it to cool off. I definitely recommend this product.