Aussie Volume shampoo

Aussie Volume shampoo
Volume shampoo

3.5

not very good for oily hair

I normally use Aussie Cleanse and Mend. For FOREVER it was the only thing that worked on my hair. As a child I always had nasty greasy hair. I would wash it and as soon as my hair dried you could see that it was NOT clean. I started using the cleanse and mend and fell in love. About a month ago I decided I wanted more volume even through I have really thick, full hair. So I decided to try the Volume shampoo and conditioner. I read reviews online and lots were positive, some said it was drying so I decided to take the risk and see for myself.
The first thing I noticed was the smell of the shampoo, it's a little off. I'm not particularly fond of it and I don't even know how to describe it. Then there was the color, it was a transparent orange-ish color that was fairly unpleasant looking. Texture was a bit runny but it lathered well. The bottle is designed like all their other bottles and pretty to look at, although the cap on mine tended to get stuck shut. At first I enjoyed the shampoo, the smell didn't smell the same after it was in your hair, it smelled much better. It seemed to be adding some volume to my hair. After a few weeks though I noticed that I was shedding a lot of hair again (I had had problems with this in the past after damaged hair from a show, after many months of using cleanse and mend after the show was over I stopped losing so much hair.). My hair felt more dry and brittle. I stopped brushing altogether because it was pulling so much hair out. I was using tons of the conditioner every time (it has a good smell and nice thick consistency but didn't seem to help to much.). I have less than half of the conditioner left and more than half of the shampoo. After a month or a little more my hair is very frizzy, damaged and dry. I am going back to Cleanse and Mend and I would not recommend using the volume shampoo or conditioner.

on 10/20/2015 11:28:00 PM

First of all, I love that the caps are difficult because they won't spill when I travel.
I don't usually give a shampoo five stars but for the purposes of clarifying with a nice, smoothing conditioner, it's ideal.
It smells great, foams up perfectly, rinses out completely, and cleanses hair thoroughly. I enjoy their conditioners too. Oddly enough, my hair isn't fried after using this for clarifying. Even if you only clarify once in a while, this will give you a clean slate to start piling on the hair junk all over again. If your hair is oily, you can use it every day.
Recommend!

on 1/15/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Well this is a pretty decent line of hair care products, I suppose. They all smell like grape Dimetapp but I can overlook that.

on 1/11/2015 5:28:00 PM

I love this shampoo! The smell is pleasant and not overwhelming. It gives my hair just enough volume without being over the top. I find that this shampoo & conditioner makes my hair shiny and bright. I have sensitive skin and have no reaction to any Aussie brand. I have used this shampoo for several years.

As of today, this is the best shampoo I ever tried. Clarifies, smells great, abundant lather, perfect consistency, and packaging is ideal--either a giant pump or travel size that doesn't leak. It feels like a deep cleanser and goes well with any conditioner. I use Suave Naturals and a leave-in. LOVE!

it's okay after the day I wash my hair, my hair gets very dry. it's not that impressive I wouldn't buy again, I'm sticking to herbel

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This doesn't add volume at all but it made my hair very soft. Although after about a month's use I noticed a lot of build up near the crown of my head. I think I'll try the moisturizing line next time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in the huge bottle with the pump so naturally it's a great value for money; it's not so great for traveling though (just a small con). This is very moisturizing but doesn't give much volume (honestly what shampoo does?) and I feel as though it doesn't clean as well as I'd like. I have a very oily scalp & even after two shampoos in the shower my hair still doesn't have that "Clarifying Shampoo" type of clean that I want. But I guess in the long run it means it's not hurting your hair with harsh chemicals & isn't stripping your hair of the natural oils. I'd say if you want to save money & don't need anything special this is great but otherwise just average. Since I only wash my hair twice a week I will be looking into another shampoo to switch up what I use on the second time I wash (Sunday and Thursday nights).

UPDATE 10/4/14: for some reason this started really drying out my hair & making my already stick straight, fine hair SUPER PIN straight. A light conditioner afterwards just won't due. I've determined that after using this my hair is so stripped of any product build up that it needs my Head and Shoulder's 2 Minute Moisturizer in the white tub with the blue cap to give it's life back. I only use this as a clarifying shampoo and for the price and huge bottle with the pump it's good as a weekly deep cleanse. Since most clarifying shampoos come in really small bottles that don't last long when used on really long hair this is a very good pro.

A very average shampoo. Seems to clean fine without weighing down my fine straight hair. Yet no volume observed. If you want just a basic shampoo, go for it. If you expect some volume, I would not recommend it.

Popular Hair Products