Aussie Volume shampoo

Aussie Volume shampoo

3.5

on 10/20/2015 11:28:00 PM

First of all, I love that the caps are difficult because they won't spill when I travel.
I don't usually give a shampoo five stars but for the purposes of clarifying with a nice, smoothing conditioner, it's ideal.
It smells great, foams up perfectly, rinses out completely, and cleanses hair thoroughly. I enjoy their conditioners too. Oddly enough, my hair isn't fried after using this for clarifying. Even if you only clarify once in a while, this will give you a clean slate to start piling on the hair junk all over again. If your hair is oily, you can use it every day.
Recommend!

on 1/15/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Well this is a pretty decent line of hair care products, I suppose. They all smell like grape Dimetapp but I can overlook that.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/11/2015 5:28:00 PM

I love this shampoo! The smell is pleasant and not overwhelming. It gives my hair just enough volume without being over the top. I find that this shampoo & conditioner makes my hair shiny and bright. I have sensitive skin and have no reaction to any Aussie brand. I have used this shampoo for several years.

As of today, this is the best shampoo I ever tried. Clarifies, smells great, abundant lather, perfect consistency, and packaging is ideal--either a giant pump or travel size that doesn't leak. It feels like a deep cleanser and goes well with any conditioner. I use Suave Naturals and a leave-in. LOVE!

it's okay after the day I wash my hair, my hair gets very dry. it's not that impressive I wouldn't buy again, I'm sticking to herbel

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This doesn't add volume at all but it made my hair very soft. Although after about a month's use I noticed a lot of build up near the crown of my head. I think I'll try the moisturizing line next time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in the huge bottle with the pump so naturally it's a great value for money; it's not so great for traveling though (just a small con). This is very moisturizing but doesn't give much volume (honestly what shampoo does?) and I feel as though it doesn't clean as well as I'd like. I have a very oily scalp & even after two shampoos in the shower my hair still doesn't have that "Clarifying Shampoo" type of clean that I want. But I guess in the long run it means it's not hurting your hair with harsh chemicals & isn't stripping your hair of the natural oils. I'd say if you want to save money & don't need anything special this is great but otherwise just average. Since I only wash my hair twice a week I will be looking into another shampoo to switch up what I use on the second time I wash (Sunday and Thursday nights).

UPDATE 10/4/14: for some reason this started really drying out my hair & making my already stick straight, fine hair SUPER PIN straight. A light conditioner afterwards just won't due. I've determined that after using this my hair is so stripped of any product build up that it needs my Head and Shoulder's 2 Minute Moisturizer in the white tub with the blue cap to give it's life back. I only use this as a clarifying shampoo and for the price and huge bottle with the pump it's good as a weekly deep cleanse. Since most clarifying shampoos come in really small bottles that don't last long when used on really long hair this is a very good pro.

A very average shampoo. Seems to clean fine without weighing down my fine straight hair. Yet no volume observed. If you want just a basic shampoo, go for it. If you expect some volume, I would not recommend it.

on 5/24/2014 5:40:00 PM

overall, i did like this product. let me just say.. it smells AMAZING! but, my hair does not keep scent very long so that was a downside. for some reason, i ran out of the conditioner faster than the shampoo and it seemed runny, but it didn't bother me because it spread throughout my hair well. i did not notice a bunch of extra volume added to my hair after using it but i started leaving my hair natural soon after i started using this product and it helped not make my hair look flat. i would recommend this product to girls with wavy hair, and dry hair like me because it does not strip the scalp of natural oils when using it daily as i do.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this shampoo! It's by far the best drugstore shampoo I've tried.. I have fine thin hair and this doesn't weight it down at all. It gives nice volume too. I bought this on a whim at cvs because it was only $3 on sale. I've used all the other brands..Pantene, Suave, Herbal Essenes and none of them gave me volume. This shampoo is a bargain and actually cleanses fantastic and leaves my hair w/lots of volume & shine. I'm excited to pick this up in a larger size w/a pump. Awesome product!