Naked Naturals - Awapuhi & Lavender Color-Treated Hair Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.7

My favorite shampoo. It provides a great lather, smells awesome, keeps my hair looking amazing, and is sulfate free. ;)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

there is nothing bad i can say about this shampoo. after trying expensive shampoo after expensive shampoo, i finally tried this out after hearing the benefits of sulfate free shampoos, and chose this one not because my hair is colored, but because it is very fine, long and prone to damage. honestly, within the first use my hair felt like it was FREED. it was lighter, bouncier and frizz was mostly eliminated. since then, i've been using nothing but this for over a year now, and i can't see myself ever needing anything else. i get compliments on my hair all of the time, and this is definitely why it is the way it is.

I liked this shampoo but not enough to stick with it. It cleaned my scalp well but didn't dry out my ends. My hair has changed to be even dryer, and I have since been seeking out even more moisturizing shampoos.

I bought this last night completely on impulse. I used NOW Natural Citrus Moisture Shampoo up until today, when I tried this. I'm shocked with how soft and silky my hair feels, and it also has a new found shine after just one use. I can't stop touching it! Usually after getting out of the shower and blowdrying my hair, it feels pretty rough until I straighten it, despite all the moisturizing treatments I put it through. When I dried my hair after using this though, it felt so soft and smooth. I'm pretty sure this is my new HG shampoo.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hi, this is a review for their conditioner.. It works, and leaves my hair very silky. Very impressed, will keep using it. It's nice to find a cruelty-free conditioner that really works and doesn't cost a fortune!

After board-searching on the hair care board, I came across recommendations for this sulfate-free shampoo, readily available in most drugstores. I needed to find a readily-available, moderately priced replacement for the Creme of Nature sulfate-free shampoo that I had been using which was discontinued. This has really fit the bill!

Naked Naturals also make a companion conditioner, which I have not tried. This formula features moisturizing aloe vera and is supposed to be ideal for color treated or highlighted hair (but not just for those types of hair). These shampoos and conditioners also come in a couple of other varieties, such as Citrus and Keratin, Aloe Vera and Chamomile, and Shea Butter and Avacado, and are made by Continental Consumer Products of Auburn Hills, Michigan. The 12 oz. translucent plastic bottles feature a flip top cap and a little hang-card tied around the neck. The label states that it contains a natural plant protein, Keravis, that makes hair up to three times stronger. I purchased mine from Walgreens for $8, but this was the only variety that my Walgreens carries.

I am extremely impressed with this shampoo. It really is sulfate-free, not just SLS-free, and does not strip your hair. I also did not experience much breakage or fallout, either, from using this product, just as should be expected with a good sulfate-free shampoo. It has a decent amount of lather which is surprising, since most sulfate-free shampoos do not lather very much. However, unlike some shampoos, I find that I need to lather twice for the best results, but the total amount used each shampoo is still minimal with each shampooing. I have no problems with protein-containing hair products, but some others might, so please be aware that this shampoo contains plant protein. The formula is more transparent rather than opaque, and has a lovely scent. For me, the scent does not linger in my hair, which I like. I've found that most truly sulfate-free shampoos are over a dollar per ounce in cost, and this one is under a dollar per ounce, which I also really love! Currently, the 12 oz. bottle runs under $8, but every once in a great while, I find it BOGO at Walgreens. Even at full price, it's a great bargain.

In addition to being truly sulfate-free, these shampoos and conditioners havee:
No DEA or TEA
No Animal By-products
No Synthetic Fragrance
No Harsh Chemicals
and are:
PH-balanced
Not Tested on Animals

INGREDIENTS: Water (Agua), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sodium Lauroamphacetate, Cocamidopropyl Bentaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Hydroxypropyl Bis Hydroxyethyl Dimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Helianthus Annuus Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia Extract, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Polyquaternium 10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Fragrance

I've finally found a really good, readily available, truly sulfate-free and moderately priced shampoo! YAY!

Popular Shampoos