Boots Expert Sensitive Light Moisturizing Lotion

Boots  Expert Sensitive Light Moisturizing Lotion

3.9

Aqua (Water), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Petrolatum, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua Mineralis (Mineral Water), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Hydroxide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Ethylparaben

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this at my local Target for $7.99. I don't know if my skin is more sensitive than the average sensitive person but, sadly, this isn't for me. I had high hopes for this moisturizer since most people seem to enjoy it. After applying the moisturizer to my face, I noticed a warming sensation on my skin. My skin felt warm to the touch, began to look patchy and began to itch. At first, I thought it might have been my cleanser (I was trying a new cleanser as well), but I was able to quickly eliminate that as the culprit. I used it a couple of more times to make sure it was the product, it definitely is. Looking at the ingredients, there are a number that they use that could be causing my reaction, but I'm not sure which it is. I'm surprised by some of the ingredients since this is packaged, explicitly, for those of us with "sensitive" skin. My result isn't indicative of everyone's result, this is just my experience; I think I'm going to keep using my regular moisturizer. Otherwise, the price is good for 200 ml of product, so if it works for your skin - it's a good purchase for the money. The packaging to be better though. It has a small round opening to tap/pour out product. The lotion is quite watery so it can get away from you and get messy fast. It would be better in a squeeze tube or with a pump.

on 11/25/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Other than the bottle having no pump there has been no problems! It's very breathable & non greasy! Doesn't make your face look shiny, which is something I like so I can wear it under my makeup, but it also feels very moisturizing. The price is great for how much it comes with! I will definitely repurchase.

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/23/2014 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This moisturizer is a god send for me! I have insanely dry yet sensitive skin. This is a very light liquidy lotion, but it seriously hydrates my dry angry face. I use it before bed and under sunscreen/foundation. No problems with balling up or being greasy, breaking me out, and it absorbs quickly. Basically everything I look for in a moisturizer. My only complaint would be the packaging would be better with a pump but with how amazing it is, ill live.

on 1/24/2014 1:09:00 AM

I've repurchased this item 3 times already.
It's simple. It doesn't claim any magic. It works like I wish it work.
It's only simple moisturizer to put on where I have dry/irritating skin.
It's so light I can put it on just anywhere and not too light that I couldn't feel the moisturizing effect. The ingredient is basic, that's why I have no abnormal reaction.
Very cheap and very useful.

on 1/19/2014 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this moisturizer for over a year now and it seems to work for me. I switched from a thicker formula because it seemed too heavy, so the thinner texture of this took a little getting used to, but now I like it. This seems to moisturize my face well and doesn't irritate it. I wish I could use a product with SPF, but they all seem to irritate by skin and cause breakouts.

The only reason I gave this 4 stars rather than 5 is that I did have timespan on a week or so when the moisturizer would sting slightly, but I wasn't sure it it was this product or something else I was using. I bought a new bottle because I thought it may be old and cut back on some other products and it seemed fine. Also Target has increased the price. It was around $5 when I bought it the first time and is now closer to $8. It's still worth it, but not quite a "bargain" anymore.

on 11/3/2012 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've had a strange experience with this product. Long story short, I bought it a few months ago and began using it during a period of high humidity here in Arizona (Monsoon Season). I was fairly pleased for the most part, I never had any problems with irritation or breakouts, but as soon as the humidity dropped I started having other issues. I honestly have NO idea why humidity made such a difference, but it did.
At this point, whenever I use this moisturizer it feels/looks greasy and unpleasant. It also turns my foundation (both liquid & mineral powder - same results) into a cakey, streaky mess. It's taken me a while to realize that this is the cause of that, and once I checked the ingredients I think I've figured out why. The second ingredient is mineral oil. That's definitely not a good thing, considering my oily t-zone. In the future I'm going to be quite a bit more diligent about checking the list of ingredients before I buy.
I've had good luck with some of the other Boots products, but this one just isn't right for me. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. I found this at Target for $5. I have very dry, sensitive skin and was looking for a daily moisturizer. I tend to wear hydrating makeup so I wasn't looking for a super heavy moisturizer. This goes on easily and I feel no sting or irritation. It's light weight and hydrates just enough all day. I have to use a richer oil at night. If I forget and use this at night, my skin is a bit dry the next day.
This has no smell, kind of a thin runnier texture, and is a great base for makeup. I swear it's better than the yellow Clinique moisturizer, which worked great but left little while bumps on my face with continued use. I appreciate it has no sunscreen because that tends to irritate my skin and eyes.
I will definitely buy again and try more boots products!

This moisturizer is my HG for my combination (oily AND dehydrated), very acne-prone skin. It's a bland, fragrance-free moisturizer with a liquid texture. I use it morning and night and it keeps my skin hydrated and flake-free, and best of all, it doesn't break me out! I also like to use it as a buffer for retinoids or benzoyl peroxide, because it allows those medications to penetrate my skin while lessening irritation. I do hate the bottle, but the low price and effectiveness more than makes up for it. If you have acne-prone skin that doesn't mind mineral oil, this one is definitely worth a try.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have to say that I do not have acne-prone skin, or anything remotely sensitive like rosacea (which my mom has). I am just a student who works part time and has a limited budget for skin care products.

But after trolling the local Target (fortunately the same place I work) with my mom, I came across this. (We were conveniently talking about using moisturizer after washing our faces). I was tired of paying ridiculous sums of money for moisturizers like 8 dollars for a tiny tube that may last less than 6 months. Unlike most brands and their concoctions of moisturizer, this was inexpensive and a brand that I have been meaning to try for some time now.

It goes on smooth and is easy to spread on my face, which makes me feel like I don't need to glob it on to cover all my areas. It is scentless which is a plus, I dislike having strange smells on my face after utilizing my green tea face wash from St Ives and toner from Olay.

I have found that it doesn't make my face silky smooth like my older moisturizers like St. Ives. But rather soft and placid.

However the cons to this product is the packaging. The bottle is ok, but the method in which you extract the moisturizer is terrible. It comes out rather quickly if you don't watch out, and in large quantity

And that after I use my toner that it stings just a hair on my cheeks. Which is bearable but might become a nuisance later on when I continuously wash my face and make up off.

I will use this product until it is all gone and perhaps buy it again :)

on 11/10/2011 3:33:00 PM

This product is very light and didn't have anything that directly seemed to irritate my skin. However, it didn't also *do* anything. My t-zone was still oily, and my cheeks were still dry. If it works, it is a great deal for the money, but I ended up throwing it out.