3.4

price range

Reviews

from

3 years ago

I gave this to my mom for her birthday because she had a bodylotion of it from years ago. She loves it. It smells so sofisticated. The lasting power is great, you can still smell it in the evening. It is more of a daytime fragrance, a bit musky but not overpowering. It matches great with the bodylotion. Her only complaint is that you can't see how much there is left because of the package and it is expensive.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

7 years ago

Essence, like other fragrances for women by Narciso Rodriguez, is a fragrance centered on musk with tasteful floral accents; however, if you are in love with Narciso Rodriguez for Her and enjoy the come hither, animalic musk, then Essence could be a shock or a disappointment. The musk in Essence is the laundry detergent kind, accented with rose and a light dusting of aldehydes. In fact, this fragrance reminds me of White Linen by Estee Lauder, except it is more accessible to the younger crowd. I’m not interested in smelling like laundry detergent on steroids but, if I wanted my personal fragrance to say “CLEAN” (i.e., my skin as well as my clothing needs to smell like fresh laundry), then I would probably choose this one over the other offerings.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Medium

from

8 years ago

Get so many compliments on this. Lovely.

About reviewer (173 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I collect all the variations of NR For Her and this is a welcome departure from the all-encompassing woody musk. True, it's a very "clean" scent that isn't particularly ambitious, but that's all I need sometimes. And a classy, good "clean" scent is hard to come by. This isn't your run-of-the-mill white linen/soapy scent. The white musk adds nuance and elevates it. Not crazy about the bottle though.

About reviewer (266 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

1.0

8 years ago

Most powdery, grandma-smelling pungent thing I've encountered in a while. EEK!!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0

9 years ago

I really liked the For Her, a friend used to say it smelled like a woman in love!, but after a few years found it too girly, so now I mix a bit of essence over her... a very nice layering

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

9 years ago

I don't know ... I wanted to like this because I like original Narciso Rodriquez ... I was hoping this would be the clean, cuddly, soft!, laundry-type musk I've been looking for. But alas as others have said it is a very strident, strong, astrigent soapy scent. The musk is not a big player. There isn't anything very soft about it. It is almost masculine. It's not really a "laundry" musk so much as strong, harsh triple milled white men's soap type of scent. Oh well.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

9 years ago

Got a sample of this at sephora and was not impressed. It smells like a ton of other fragrances out there. Not bad but nothing special.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily

HairBlond

IN LOVE its musky...vanilla-y....sexy...BUY IT

About reviewer (149 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

EyesOther

9 years ago

clean, fresh and simple. Notes: Musk, Iris Powder, Rose Petals, Benzoin Balm. I originally purchased NR For Her - and while I liked it, I couldn't smell the musk on me at all. I switched to this one, and no, its obviously not the same scent at all - but I still really love it. I like the NR fragrances because they are all pretty clean and uncomplicated. I adore this bottle. its so cool and sexy. (can a bottle be sexy?!? lol well, it is!) the fragrance lasts quite a while but it is very light. I got some samples of the lotion and rally like it - I may buy it next. its pretty light but will help extend the fragrance. i've also noticed that Philosophy's Amazing Grace lotion goes really well with this one.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral