TheBalm TimeBalm Foundation

TheBalm TimeBalm Foundation
TheBalmtheBalm Time Balm Foundation in LightTimeBalm Foundation

Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire De Carnauba), Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'abeille), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Lauroyl Lysine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil. May Contain / Peut Contenir [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 770 19), May Contain ( /-): Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 9/13/2017 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

No Silicones!! I may have written a review about this years ago, but I didn't find one. If so, then this is an update. Bottom line: I still own this (not the same container, of course) and I still think it's underrated. This is a full cover foundation that can be the fullest of full, like theatre makeup. When I use it, I apply it with a damp Beautyblender so that I can sheer it out. The thing I like about this, even though I'm not much for full-cover foundations, is the beautiful finish. This makes skin look buttery, soft, flawless, and even-toned. I use this more as a concealer than as a full-face foundation, and it's perfection. I wear Mid-Medium and it's such a perfect match you can see where the makeup ends and my skin begins. Many full-cover cream foundations look fake, mask-like, etc. This one really doesn't. It doesn't need powder to set, which is incredible. It's also not oily, which is highly unusually for a cream foundation. I think of this more as a cream-to-powder foundation. It can be layered, and it can be applied at any time, over any other makeup to smooth things out. This is sold as professional makeup stores all over the country, for good reason! A big thing for me is many "pro" makeup heavy foundations are waxy and full of mineral oil, preservatives, and yucky stuff. This has remarkably good ingredients! My only issue with it is I don't really like foundations that aren't liquid. If you love balm/cream formulas, this one is one of the finest.

on 4/28/2017 8:39:00 PM

This is possibly the best foundation I've ever bought, ever. The lightest colour matches me just right, the packaging is great for travelling (most reviews I read seemed to really dislike the sponge it comes with, but I think it's practical and quite decent) and the coverage is great without looking to heavy. The price is just right too.

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Sitting here in front of Mac waiting for my pain meds to kick in. So, a quick review on TheBalm TimeBalm Foundation. I wanted to try this for awhile, was in Kohl's looking around, and of course wound up in the makeup department. (Kinda tiny and very bad lighting) Ah, who the hell am I kidding? I went in to look at TheBalm and Cargo. Kohl's is kinda boring, really. So I bought this, along with some other crap I didn't need. (An eyebrow brush and more handcream? Come on!) Anyhoo, I like this stuff. I'm 62 (and I'm still alive?) and got this in the next to lightest shade. I also bought the foundation brush. Not too impressed with that. I put this on with the sponge, let it set for a minute or so, and buff it in with one of my Kabuki brushes. It looks natural, feels lightweight, and lasts okay. (I also bought the primer on Hautelook. Pretty good stuff.) Try it!

on 2/5/2016 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Love it! Good for my dry skin, medium cover. I use a wet sponge or foundation brush to apply.

on 4/19/2016 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I used to never use foundation because my face always looked oily and greasy. With any foundation I ever tried. Also matte foundations looked odd. Except for this one. It is great great for oily skin. I often read it's good for dry skin, but clearly as well for oily. My skin glows!! Not oily, not matte, not cakey but gorgeous. This is my HG and I am not looking for another one anymore. I have this in light and light/medium. They both work for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After spending so much money, I think I've found my holy grail foundation. I have oily, problem skin and though I want decent coverage, I don't want something that will weigh down my face, go cakey and annoy my sensitive complexion. Thankfully I've found it with The Balm's Time Balm foundation. The texture of this is gorgeous, really light and creamy but it covers absolutely everything. Coupled with Time Balm concealer and Sexy Mama setting powder from the same brand I feel I've found the perfect combination. The foundation sets as a powder without looking flat and chalky or settling into the creases of my face, it didn't exacerbate my oily t-zone either.
The pot looks relatively small (though it's standard 30ml) but a little goes a long way and I found building up coverage was really easy. It didn't leave tide marks or streaks when I did this either, though I definitely recommend using a makeup brush or a beauty blender to apply, rather than the sponge pad included.
Best of all this seemed to have calmed and softened my skin after I'd taken it off!

on 1/16/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite all time cream foundations. I apply with a damp Beauty Blender and I get nice, even coverage. The light-medium shade is perfect for my skin tone and I haven't had any issues with breakouts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

After hours and hours of searching around the internet for a really good foundation, I finally decided to buy this one (january/february 2015). I needed a very light foundation, foundations are always to dark for me, and this was offered in lighter than light. I risked picking this shade without testing. 2 weeks out of 4, I have a little bit of a breakout. It used to be worse, but I still have very bad hyperpigmentation, which I wanted/want to cover. Applying this with a beauty blender sponge was recommended by others, so I ordered the Real Techniques sponge with this.

When I first applied it with the sponge I was in love with the effect! Very high, but buildable coverage, almost undetactable. But after just a little while, this product starts to seperate from my skin and slides away with the lightest touch. It looks so bad and gross. My skin isn't even that oily. A bit acne-prone, combinationed.

I really wanted to like this because I spended so much money on it (€21 Dutch webshop), but it just does not work for me. I have used it for a few months anyway and the product does last long. I think I still have half left.

So if you use it, make sure to use a really good primer and set it with a powder.

PROS
+Very high coverage, could use it as a concealer
+Perfect for very fair skin (shade lighter than light)
+A little goes a long way
+Easy to apply with a beauty blinder (like) sponge

CONS
-Slides off my face, does not last
-Seperates on my skin

on 12/30/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'd heard that TheBalm offered pink-toned foundations, and when I went to their website, I was pleased to see that they appeared to offer products to both very light and very dark girls, and that prompted me to buy their foundation in "Lighter than Light." That shade, unfortunately, is not even close to pale enough for me. I think standard fair to light skinned people will love this! But if you're very, VERY fair like I am, skip it and try something else.

Cream foundations usually look cakey as shit on me, but this works out great. I rub my finger in the cream to warm it a bit, then wipe it on my face. After a minute more to soften and warm it, I use a damp beauty blender to blend it onto my face (adding more where needed, of course). It looks incredibly natural and stays put.

A few things worth knowing, though:
-If you use a beauty blender like I do, you will not get anywhere near the full coverage this promises. Use it with a brush instead.
-the product comes with a sponge, but I wouldn't bother using it. Unlike other cream foundations, this one is very solid and it's just much easier to use your finger to apply it and a brush/beauty blender to spread it around.
-The price sucks, but for the amount needed to achieve decent coverage, I'd say it's well worth it. I suspect mine will last me several months.
-The packaging is not anything fancy, and it was kinda gross to have the sponge just sorta sitting on top of the product. I just threw the sponge away.

A+ product. Only reason I won't repurchase is because it doesn't match me. :)

on 12/5/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product gave me rashes.
I would love it sooo much if it doesn't irritates my skin.