MAC Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)
MAC Hello Kitty Kouture Sheer Mystery Powder

3.7

on 4/8/2009 11:46:00 PM

I gave in to it. At first I was just looking around, I'm not really a fan of Hello Kitty but I loved the way the powder set on my face. I have combo skin & this works well by itself or to touch up/set makeup. When I learned that this was $90 I cringed but thought about the extra refill that came with. It's really cute and super chic! Love the powder, hopefully they will come out with the powder again so I would not have to put blush in it... Either way, I think it way worth the money. Who knows, maybe some day I will make my money back if I decide to sell it after all the powder's done.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so cute I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!would buy it again just for the packaging!

The powder itself is good. Nothing super special, but not bad or average either. It remainds me of the Blotting Powder by MAC. I do like the powder for touch ups during the day. It controls the oil for me and it is very finely milled and it does not look powdery on the face. It actually looks pretty nice. As far as coverage, this is not a fondation powder, so it is pretty sheer and it looks very natural.

So the packaging... I agree that this is a collections item. I do like the packing a lot. I think it is super cute and when i use the powder i enjoy the packaging.

Is it worth $90??? Absolutely not, i agree with everyone that it is way over priced... Would i buy it again? yes i would. I know it is wierd, but i love this kind of packaging and i like to collect makeup. It is my thing so please do not judge me for that :) When i learned i could use the packaging for blush after i am done with my powder i like the idea.

So bottom line, i like the powder, i am using it everyday since i bought it. Do not think is a most have, since the blotting powder by MAC is similar to this for a fraction of the price. But the packing is super cute and i do not regret getting it. Thanks for reading my review :) Have a lovely day.

on 3/9/2009 3:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is SUCH A WASTE OF $$$!!! Unless ur completely cuckoo over hello kitty don't bother. The compact is cute, but considering it is made Swarovsky Crystals it's actually kindof dull, like u could put shinier fake rhinestones on urself. The powder is super small & even though u get a refill, it's still not worth it. The powder is eh @ best. I returned it & got 6 things in it's place.

on 3/6/2009 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted this until I saw it in person. The powder isn't even normal size, it's the size of a blush! The only way I could justify buying it was if I could refill it with normal powder, not blush. I'm really disappointed because it's so cute!

on 3/6/2009 3:30:00 AM

*PICS*
I did it - I caved and bought this powder for $90. Is it worth it? Yes and no. So far, there's nothing mysterious about this powder besides the price. It looks like very finely milled pressed powder to me. I used a kabuki brush and applied this all over my foundation and it did give me a very finished look. It's extremely soft to touch and no apparent glitter/shimmer.
The product came in a fancy/flashy box along with an extra powder refill and applicator refill. There is only 5g/0.17oz of product in each pan. It probably won't last long if it's used on a daily basis, but it's great for touch-ups. The filled compact weighs 4.75oz so it's pretty heavy for a compact if you're on the go.
If you're a Hello Kitty fan and you don't want to spend $90 on a pressed powder, stay far far away from MAC because this is really temptingly flashy.
One thing I dislike about this compact is the applicator - usual cheap puff that comes with pressed powders. I thought for this price it would come with a magic wand, but I guess not. I also thought about replacing the applicator, but the well of the compact is much smaller than most pressed powders so I may just use a brush to apply.

Compact open: