MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)
MAC Hello Kitty Kouture Sheer Mystery Powder

This is the most expensive makeup product I own. I actually got this as a gift from my mother since I would never spend so much money on makeup. I like to carry this with me to touch-up my makeup throughout the day. The powder it self is super finely milled and gives a really natural yet polished look. I really like it. Since I do not have any major skin problems I also wear this as a foundation.

The compact is to die for. I love the packaging. I'm not a hello kitty fan but I LOVE Swarovski crystals. This is truly a collector's item. Way over priced in my opinion.

Overall I love the product and I will definitely keep the compact forever and refill it with a blush when I'm done both of the powder pans. I'm glad my mom got this for me since I would never get it for myself. Not a must have but definitely super nice to have.

on 4/9/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is funny because when I looked it up on here, my boyfriend was next to me and was like "OMG $90!? FOR THAT!?" and I tried to justify it saying you could refill it with powder pans and that it was probably adorable in real life and you could keep it for years.

Then I learned that it's smaller (blush size) and I immediately decided not to get it. The powder appears to be nothing special (MAC blot powder does nothing for my severly oily skin) and like another reviewer said, IMO, The crystals looked kind of dull when I finally saw this in person. I DO NOT understand why they couldn't have made this bigger, even if they took away the refill, I might have considered it if I could have refilled it time and time again (who wants to refill it with blush!?)

I guess I am a bargain shopper at heart, but geezzz. If you are a Hello Kitty fan, go for it :-) I am a carebear collector so if it was carebears- I would have gotten it. But everyone else needs to let this one go.

**If they were to come out with refills of this powder that you could buy at any time, I would consider this a more appropriate purchase, especially compared to expensive perfumes that you use up and then they are gone!**

The powder itself is good. Nothing super special, but not bad or average either. It remainds me of the Blotting Powder by MAC. I do like the powder for touch ups during the day. It controls the oil for me and it is very finely milled and it does not look powdery on the face. It actually looks pretty nice. As far as coverage, this is not a fondation powder, so it is pretty sheer and it looks very natural.

So the packaging... I agree that this is a collections item. I do like the packing a lot. I think it is super cute and when i use the powder i enjoy the packaging.

Is it worth $90??? Absolutely not, i agree with everyone that it is way over priced... Would i buy it again? yes i would. I know it is wierd, but i love this kind of packaging and i like to collect makeup. It is my thing so please do not judge me for that :) When i learned i could use the packaging for blush after i am done with my powder i like the idea.

So bottom line, i like the powder, i am using it everyday since i bought it. Do not think is a most have, since the blotting powder by MAC is similar to this for a fraction of the price. But the packing is super cute and i do not regret getting it. Thanks for reading my review :) Have a lovely day.