MAC Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)

MAC Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)
MAC Hello Kitty Kouture Sheer Mystery Powder

on 5/15/2011 10:39:00 AM

Love this compact! My CCO Had it for about 40% off so I had to get one!! I do wish the pan was bigger but I still love it! I carry in my purse for touch ups. THe Swarovski crystals are blinging and shiny not dull like so posts said. I would buy it again!

This is the most expensive makeup product I own. I actually got this as a gift from my mother since I would never spend so much money on makeup. I like to carry this with me to touch-up my makeup throughout the day. The powder it self is super finely milled and gives a really natural yet polished look. I really like it. Since I do not have any major skin problems I also wear this as a foundation.

The compact is to die for. I love the packaging. I'm not a hello kitty fan but I LOVE Swarovski crystals. This is truly a collector's item. Way over priced in my opinion.

Overall I love the product and I will definitely keep the compact forever and refill it with a blush when I'm done both of the powder pans. I'm glad my mom got this for me since I would never get it for myself. Not a must have but definitely super nice to have.

on 4/8/2009 11:46:00 PM

I gave in to it. At first I was just looking around, I'm not really a fan of Hello Kitty but I loved the way the powder set on my face. I have combo skin & this works well by itself or to touch up/set makeup. When I learned that this was $90 I cringed but thought about the extra refill that came with. It's really cute and super chic! Love the powder, hopefully they will come out with the powder again so I would not have to put blush in it... Either way, I think it way worth the money. Who knows, maybe some day I will make my money back if I decide to sell it after all the powder's done.

I caved in and bought this..
I could not resist because I am an avid hello kitty fan. I will treasure it for the years to come.
Totally not worth the money I would say, but I had to have it!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so cute I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!would buy it again just for the packaging!

on 5/14/2009 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is probably the most expensive makeup product I've ever bought, at $90 for the compact and a refill. However, it was totally worth it, as I am a huge Hello Kitty fan and I love the way to compact looks.

It took me quite a while to justify the price of this compact, however. It's frivolous and expensive, and if I didn't have the extra money laying around, I wouldn't have even considered it. The powder is quite nice, but it's certainly not a whole lot better than my NYC translucent pressed powder, and it's a tiny pan-smaller than regular MAC blushes, from what I can see.

I am not unhappy with my purchase, but I wouldn't buy this again. It's pretty, for sure, and I plan on using the compact, but it really isn't worth $90.

The powder itself is good. Nothing super special, but not bad or average either. It remainds me of the Blotting Powder by MAC. I do like the powder for touch ups during the day. It controls the oil for me and it is very finely milled and it does not look powdery on the face. It actually looks pretty nice. As far as coverage, this is not a fondation powder, so it is pretty sheer and it looks very natural.

So the packaging... I agree that this is a collections item. I do like the packing a lot. I think it is super cute and when i use the powder i enjoy the packaging.

Is it worth $90??? Absolutely not, i agree with everyone that it is way over priced... Would i buy it again? yes i would. I know it is wierd, but i love this kind of packaging and i like to collect makeup. It is my thing so please do not judge me for that :) When i learned i could use the packaging for blush after i am done with my powder i like the idea.

So bottom line, i like the powder, i am using it everyday since i bought it. Do not think is a most have, since the blotting powder by MAC is similar to this for a fraction of the price. But the packing is super cute and i do not regret getting it. Thanks for reading my review :) Have a lovely day.

on 3/11/2009 1:14:00 PM

Lolz seriously, this is for the collectors.

I bought it only because of the darn "limited" craze.

I might be returning it because Sugarsweet is coming out next week lolz. I shall see. It's hard to fork out that $110CAD without thinking twice :P

on 3/7/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this compact! SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I had a gift ceritficate so i could justify the price. I said i would not purchase again, because I won't need to! So far I love the powder-so finely milled and sets makeup perfectly! It's not cakey in the least either. It comes with a refill which i was surprised about. Like others said, it's smaller than a regular powder but I plan on refilling with a blush if need be, or another beauty powder that comes out. I don't mind-I really wanted the packaging so I'm satisfied! I say if you really want something from hello kitty that you'll get a LOT of use out of, it's well worth the price. This will be my purse mirror forever, evn if I never get anothe rpowder for it.

on 3/6/2009 3:30:00 AM

*PICS*
I did it - I caved and bought this powder for $90. Is it worth it? Yes and no. So far, there's nothing mysterious about this powder besides the price. It looks like very finely milled pressed powder to me. I used a kabuki brush and applied this all over my foundation and it did give me a very finished look. It's extremely soft to touch and no apparent glitter/shimmer.
The product came in a fancy/flashy box along with an extra powder refill and applicator refill. There is only 5g/0.17oz of product in each pan. It probably won't last long if it's used on a daily basis, but it's great for touch-ups. The filled compact weighs 4.75oz so it's pretty heavy for a compact if you're on the go.
If you're a Hello Kitty fan and you don't want to spend $90 on a pressed powder, stay far far away from MAC because this is really temptingly flashy.
One thing I dislike about this compact is the applicator - usual cheap puff that comes with pressed powders. I thought for this price it would come with a magic wand, but I guess not. I also thought about replacing the applicator, but the well of the compact is much smaller than most pressed powders so I may just use a brush to apply.

Compact open: