MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)
MAC Hello Kitty Kouture Sheer Mystery Powder

4.3

on 4/9/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is funny because when I looked it up on here, my boyfriend was next to me and was like "OMG $90!? FOR THAT!?" and I tried to justify it saying you could refill it with powder pans and that it was probably adorable in real life and you could keep it for years.

Then I learned that it's smaller (blush size) and I immediately decided not to get it. The powder appears to be nothing special (MAC blot powder does nothing for my severly oily skin) and like another reviewer said, IMO, The crystals looked kind of dull when I finally saw this in person. I DO NOT understand why they couldn't have made this bigger, even if they took away the refill, I might have considered it if I could have refilled it time and time again (who wants to refill it with blush!?)

I guess I am a bargain shopper at heart, but geezzz. If you are a Hello Kitty fan, go for it :-) I am a carebear collector so if it was carebears- I would have gotten it. But everyone else needs to let this one go.

**If they were to come out with refills of this powder that you could buy at any time, I would consider this a more appropriate purchase, especially compared to expensive perfumes that you use up and then they are gone!**

on 4/8/2009 11:46:00 PM

I gave in to it. At first I was just looking around, I'm not really a fan of Hello Kitty but I loved the way the powder set on my face. I have combo skin & this works well by itself or to touch up/set makeup. When I learned that this was $90 I cringed but thought about the extra refill that came with. It's really cute and super chic! Love the powder, hopefully they will come out with the powder again so I would not have to put blush in it... Either way, I think it way worth the money. Who knows, maybe some day I will make my money back if I decide to sell it after all the powder's done.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so cute I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!would buy it again just for the packaging!

on 3/6/2009 3:30:00 AM

*PICS*
I did it - I caved and bought this powder for $90. Is it worth it? Yes and no. So far, there's nothing mysterious about this powder besides the price. It looks like very finely milled pressed powder to me. I used a kabuki brush and applied this all over my foundation and it did give me a very finished look. It's extremely soft to touch and no apparent glitter/shimmer.
The product came in a fancy/flashy box along with an extra powder refill and applicator refill. There is only 5g/0.17oz of product in each pan. It probably won't last long if it's used on a daily basis, but it's great for touch-ups. The filled compact weighs 4.75oz so it's pretty heavy for a compact if you're on the go.
If you're a Hello Kitty fan and you don't want to spend $90 on a pressed powder, stay far far away from MAC because this is really temptingly flashy.
One thing I dislike about this compact is the applicator - usual cheap puff that comes with pressed powders. I thought for this price it would come with a magic wand, but I guess not. I also thought about replacing the applicator, but the well of the compact is much smaller than most pressed powders so I may just use a brush to apply.

Compact open: