Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

4.8

on 4/30/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is my MOST FAVORITE DYE OF ALL TIME! I went to a salon a while back (I stopped going because it got too expensive) and he used this on my hair and I was absolutely in love. Compliments left and right everywhere I went. I did a black to violet balayage and it has honestly been my favorite color yet. It stayed in for a really long time (a little over a month, it faded to sort of a sunset color which I also found acceptable) but it does definitely stain. It took me forever to scrub the purple out of my tub after the first shampoo. But it's soooo worth it! As long as you don't care a whole lot about keeping your pillow cases and bathtub pristine, lol. I will be purchasing this to touch up my ends and I highly recommend it to others.

NOTE: I do have a naturally drier hair type and I only wash my hair about 2 times a week, so if you wash your hair daily this will fade faster than the month it took for mine to fade.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I did my stand test for the violet, I felt it had too much pink in it so I ended up using a mix of 2parts violet with 1 part blue

I used it to colour a ponytail hair extension that was 22" long - that's 4" shorter than my own hair and it was less than half the thickness - which I'd bleached to a 7/8 colour. The first time I dyed it with the pravana I used an entire tube of violet and half of blue. I left it for an hour. It was a little blotchy so I coloured it again, this time diluting it with conditioner and water and leaving it overnight. It came out a gorgeous, deep, rich royal purple, and super shiny.

However I used nearly 3 whole tubes to get to that colour! So if I was going to do my whole head I would have needed 8 tubes, which works out a little pricey

It is very thick, so my advice is to dilute it with conditioner and water to make it easier to spread, and let is process for as long as you can.

I wouldn't advise using it on anything darker than level 6, as it comes out dark. Level 6 gives a dark purple, level 8 a deep strong purple and level 10 for a bright purple

It does stain like hell, but you can remove the stains with alcohol (if fresh) or bleach (if dry)

Beautiful color. I find that if you mix a small amount of the vivid lavender with the vivid pink it turns out to be the most gorgeous otherworldly shade of violet. And I've found that if I put the leftover color (if you have leftover, if not, I would buy an extra) in with your conditioner, everytime you wash your hair, it looks vibrant and beautiful, like it has just been done.

on 12/12/2010 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This is a review for Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in SILVER. The review by FunkyMcFresh was the only information I could really find on the 'net about this product -- and I'm really grateful for her review because it helped a LOT! I am 53 years old and recenItly stopped coloring my hair blonde only to discover that it was a beautiful white silver, so I'm letting it grow out, I've been experimenting with toners to try to get it a little more silverish (sort of like Paula Deene's hair color!!) -- so I tried the ChromaSilk SILVER two days ago -- first I tried it on a small piece of white hair and it turned it a very pretty silver after about 8 minutes. So then I put it on my whole head -- the instructions say to use it on dry hair but I used it on damp towel-dried hair. It went on a lot heavier than it had on the test hair, and I set a timer for 5 minutes. However, the more I remembered FunkyMcFresh's warnings about hwo strong it is and how long it takes to wash out, I chickened out and washed it out after about 4 minutes total. I figured I could always do it again for longer if necessary, and their is a LOT of color in the tube so it will last quite a while. OMG -- it was such a dark silver -- I was really very unhappy with the color so I jumped back in the shower and shampooed it thoroughly two times,scubbing it really well - then when I checked again it was a much more acceptable silver and I was really thrilled with the color. It was a very soft silverish and very shiny!!

I shampoo every day and I noticed it was washing out a little faster than I expected, so when I was shampooing with my silver shampoo and conditioner this morning, I added just a little dab of the ChromaSilk to my conditioner and left it in for a couple of minutes. That worked great! It came out a softer silverish but not too dark!! I'll probably just do that every few days or however often I need to keep it shiny and silvery.

I just wanted to add a review here to warn everyone to be VERY cautious using these colors - - they are extremely intense!

Popular Hair Color Products