Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet
Me rocking Pravana Vivids Violet Hair ColorPravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

on 12/9/2016 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I get my tubes on Amazon because I'm not a professional. I have very dark, almost black hair. I did about 3 bleach baths before I got my hair to a brassy orangish blonde color. After I bleached it the last time, I applied this. It's vivid (lol) even on top of a brassy color.

I mix Violet with Wild Orchid and it comes out to a very dark purple that's visible indoors, and much brighter outside. I have short, oily hair but I've trained myself to only wash every other day. I don't shampoo on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, (color safe clarifier shampoo on Sunday), just condition and the color takes about a month to fade. Even when I did shampoo everyday it was fade resistant but I also use a sulfate free shampoo.

When it does start to fade, I do another bleach bath and re dye it. This stains very much, I bought some bleach and it removed most of the dye so be wary of that.

on 6/22/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This product is awesome! I love how long it lasts. It takes forever to fade which is s good thing if you plan on leaving your hair purple. It can be diluted with conditioner so the product lasts long. It does bleed like crazy though. Be careful it will stain everything it touches.

on 4/2/2009 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the Pravana Silk Degrees Botantical Hair color. I was looking for a deep conditioner that would deepen my hair color but since my ends are damaged I really didn't want to use any harsh products. This product is Plant Based No Peroxide - No Ammonia..here is the description: "Silk Degrees Naturceutical hair Colors are comprised of plant-based dyes and conditioners coupled with pure keratin, silk amino acids and natural wheat protein to not only thoroughly condition and protect, but also provide unparalleled long lasting color and shine!"....It was super easy to use, no mixing.. just worked some into my towel dried hair, left on for 15 minutes and rinsed. It really conditioned my dried hair and made it super soft. It really doesn't add alot of color.. but enough to deepen it and add shine. I was really worried about using this but now I realize it is very gentle and just makes my hair feel great! I use to use Clariol Radiance, which I loved, until it dried out my hair after using it too often. I would highly recommend using this product..the only disappointment is that it doesn't come in enough colors.