Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/14/2013 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've not purchased this dye. I've only had it applied to my hair professionally. So I can't make a statement about the packaging or price.
But I can talk about the product itself.
I wanted to love it. I really did. The color is stunning and I'm sure it works perfectly for some people.
But I don't love it. Because it fades mercilessly on my hair. I am the type that has to wash my hair daily, as I have quite oily skin/scalp. But I wash with cool water and sulfate-free soap (Dr. Bronner's, which is lovely), and I've not encountered this issue with any other dye.
Within only a couple days, the bleached blond hair underneath shows through in large patches, and the areas where the color remains fade to a dull, silvery lavender which is not flattering against my complexion. The fade is so uneven and patchy that it makes me look as though I have bald patches where my hair is short. Not a good look.
Again, it might just be me. I don't know. But the great experiences I've had with other dyes compared to the utter nightmare that I've encountered with this dye makes me wonder if it might actually be the product.