Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

Me rocking Pravana Vivids Violet Hair ColorPravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

4.5

on 4/24/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on ebay. It's a beautiful blue-toned purple color at first, then it actually faded into a slight "pravana wild orchid" color (a little pink/plum hue, how weird is that?) before fading away to blue/silver/grey. My hair never faded back to its original blonde color, which was a little sad. This works better than other dyes I've tried so I'll give it 4 stars, but pre-bleached or unbleached this dye only lasted 2 weeks max on my head if I shampooed regularly (and I do shampoo regularly unlike all those dirty girl on the Café board! *COUGH*COUGH*!)

on 12/12/2010 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This is a review for Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in SILVER. The review by FunkyMcFresh was the only information I could really find on the 'net about this product -- and I'm really grateful for her review because it helped a LOT! I am 53 years old and recenItly stopped coloring my hair blonde only to discover that it was a beautiful white silver, so I'm letting it grow out, I've been experimenting with toners to try to get it a little more silverish (sort of like Paula Deene's hair color!!) -- so I tried the ChromaSilk SILVER two days ago -- first I tried it on a small piece of white hair and it turned it a very pretty silver after about 8 minutes. So then I put it on my whole head -- the instructions say to use it on dry hair but I used it on damp towel-dried hair. It went on a lot heavier than it had on the test hair, and I set a timer for 5 minutes. However, the more I remembered FunkyMcFresh's warnings about hwo strong it is and how long it takes to wash out, I chickened out and washed it out after about 4 minutes total. I figured I could always do it again for longer if necessary, and their is a LOT of color in the tube so it will last quite a while. OMG -- it was such a dark silver -- I was really very unhappy with the color so I jumped back in the shower and shampooed it thoroughly two times,scubbing it really well - then when I checked again it was a much more acceptable silver and I was really thrilled with the color. It was a very soft silverish and very shiny!!

I shampoo every day and I noticed it was washing out a little faster than I expected, so when I was shampooing with my silver shampoo and conditioner this morning, I added just a little dab of the ChromaSilk to my conditioner and left it in for a couple of minutes. That worked great! It came out a softer silverish but not too dark!! I'll probably just do that every few days or however often I need to keep it shiny and silvery.

I just wanted to add a review here to warn everyone to be VERY cautious using these colors - - they are extremely intense!