Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet
Me rocking Pravana Vivids Violet Hair ColorPravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

on 12/9/2016 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I get my tubes on Amazon because I'm not a professional. I have very dark, almost black hair. I did about 3 bleach baths before I got my hair to a brassy orangish blonde color. After I bleached it the last time, I applied this. It's vivid (lol) even on top of a brassy color.

I mix Violet with Wild Orchid and it comes out to a very dark purple that's visible indoors, and much brighter outside. I have short, oily hair but I've trained myself to only wash every other day. I don't shampoo on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, (color safe clarifier shampoo on Sunday), just condition and the color takes about a month to fade. Even when I did shampoo everyday it was fade resistant but I also use a sulfate free shampoo.

When it does start to fade, I do another bleach bath and re dye it. This stains very much, I bought some bleach and it removed most of the dye so be wary of that.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I only put in a streak into level 10 hair. First time just put it straight in (in a foil and all), it came out almost too purple (is that even possible?! I think it was so intense that it became too dark, but that went away). It lasted a good month and a half and then in faded to a really pretty pale purply-pink and then I re-applied, but I diluted with conditioner and it came out a tiny bit lighter which was what i wanted anyway.

Honestly, the colour is gorgeous, it lasts forever, it doesn't bleed onto other hair, either other time or while washing it out.. I had no issues with it staining everything but I only did a streak and I have pretty short hair. I got it on my hands the first time around and that did stain, but I got it off with acetone. My only real complaint is that it's a bit runny but I just mixed it a bit with a thick conditioner and that solved that problem really quick.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Beautiful color. Very pigmented. Although it does stain everything, your hands, pillows, etc.

Beautiful color. I find that if you mix a small amount of the vivid lavender with the vivid pink it turns out to be the most gorgeous otherworldly shade of violet. And I've found that if I put the leftover color (if you have leftover, if not, I would buy an extra) in with your conditioner, everytime you wash your hair, it looks vibrant and beautiful, like it has just been done.

on 4/2/2009 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the Pravana Silk Degrees Botantical Hair color. I was looking for a deep conditioner that would deepen my hair color but since my ends are damaged I really didn't want to use any harsh products. This product is Plant Based No Peroxide - No Ammonia..here is the description: "Silk Degrees Naturceutical hair Colors are comprised of plant-based dyes and conditioners coupled with pure keratin, silk amino acids and natural wheat protein to not only thoroughly condition and protect, but also provide unparalleled long lasting color and shine!"....It was super easy to use, no mixing.. just worked some into my towel dried hair, left on for 15 minutes and rinsed. It really conditioned my dried hair and made it super soft. It really doesn't add alot of color.. but enough to deepen it and add shine. I was really worried about using this but now I realize it is very gentle and just makes my hair feel great! I use to use Clariol Radiance, which I loved, until it dried out my hair after using it too often. I would highly recommend using this product..the only disappointment is that it doesn't come in enough colors.

Popular Hair Color Products