Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet
Me rocking Pravana Vivids Violet Hair ColorPravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

4.7

This purple is amazing! I've been using these guys for years, and after dying, my hair is always super moisturized and shiny - and looks like a million bucks. It's got tons of keratin and it smells so much better than other hair dyes - some of which smell like pesticides. Best, Pravana lasts a long time.

I had been using red vivids a long, long while. I decided to go purple, and while I wanted something extremely bright, I though my red had faded enough. I was wrong. When I put on the purple, it came out extremely dark purple, almost black. But I couldn't be happier. It's a real inky purple black that looks natural but extremely purple once I step into the sun. Like with people auburn or red highlights - they step outside and the colors show, well, mine show up the same way, just purple instead!

It's so much softer than pure black, and I'm gonna keep trying to do it this shade, although I did go back and bleach my bangs, which are long and to the side. Then I reapplied the purple. It's still a dark purple but much more noticeable.

Anyway, love Pravana! I'll be a fan for life!

UPdate: I have to note that as this purple fades, it becomes more brilliant in color. It was dark purple black, and it's been over 4 weeks. I'm now looking at a bright, noticeable purple. Like a grape jolly rancher color. Very noticeable in or out ofthe light. Each wash, it becomes more noticeable. This is great! If it weren't for my new growth - which I plan to touch up, I could go another month without reapplying the Pravana.

I can't rave about this hair color enough. I've been dyeing my hair bright red for many years, and I've tried everything -- Manic Panic, Special Effects, you name it. They all started out red but faded to pink in just a few washes, and I got sick of people asking me about my "pink hair." I wanted hair the color of red velvet cake, and I didn't want to have to redo it every two weeks. I was just about to give up when I found out about Vivids. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say Pravana products changed my life!

I mix red and wild orchid together half and half, and I get exactly the color I want. It stays bright -- and more importantly, it stays RED -- until I have to touch up my roots. I've gone from dyeing every two weeks to every two months. Best of all, Vivids are half the price of Manic Panic! (If you're having trouble finding them, discountbeautycenter dot com has them for $7, and they ship super fast.)

The Color Ensure shampoo and conditioner are also awesome, and they really work to preserve your color. They also smell amazing, like pink grapefruit. The only thing I don't like about them is that the shampoo leaves my hair tangled right after I wash it, but the conditioner fixes that, and I always use a leave-in anyway. But that's another review...

If you have bright hair, just buy this. I promise you won't be sorry!

This is my go to when I want purple hair. For me it really sticks to my hair and I don't have to do nearly as many touch ups as I did when I used Manic Panic, Beyond The Zone etc. The color is gorgeous (see my profile pic). Now the downside... it stains! EVERYTHING ha ha. I have to use Scrubbing Bubbles to get it off my bathtub. It also leaves your pillowcases, towels and your fingers purple. Now I am not stupid. I wear gloves when I dye my hair. I mean after its dyed and has been washed a few times.... you run your fingers through your hair .. your hands and nails turn purple. Which I guess is why this stuff lasts so long in your hair. It's pretty powerful. I am going to try Arctic Fox Purple Rain to see if I can get the same staying power without all the mess. If not I will be back to dealing with the mess as touch ups are a pain.

on 7/4/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have jet black hair and wanted to add a little color for fun. I bleached bits of my hair and added some purple to my locks. It was a process of trial and error...although gentle, Manic Panic doesn't last! Hot Topic's brand didn't either! Then I came across Pravana's Violet. My perfect color! I wanted a lighter purple, somewhere between purple and lavender so I mixed conditioner into the dye. First off, let me say that a little goes a LONG way. The color comes in a tube, much like toothpaste. I squeezed two pea-sized drops out, mixed with conditioner, and was able to color the chunks on one side of my head. My hair stayed a pretty purple for about three weeks, then faded out to a nice lavender (take a look at the pic I posted). With my dye + conditioner concoction, my hair didn't get dried out or frizzy over time.
I kept coloring for about 6 or 7 months .Now I'm back to all black and I still have about half a tube left! Definitely check this brand out before spending money on other colors. It's long-lasting, provides great coverage, and isn't too harsh. Would buy again if I were to add more color...oh wait, I still have some left!

lets just say my stylist put this in my hair a little over a month ago and there's still some strands that are still as bright as when I first dyed it. yeah I think I recommend this over manic panic and whatever the hell else is out there. yay for pravanna!

Beautiful color. I find that if you mix a small amount of the vivid lavender with the vivid pink it turns out to be the most gorgeous otherworldly shade of violet. And I've found that if I put the leftover color (if you have leftover, if not, I would buy an extra) in with your conditioner, everytime you wash your hair, it looks vibrant and beautiful, like it has just been done.

on 5/13/2013 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Chromasilk vivds are great and are pretty cheap for the amount of dye you get. The color lasts a long time and is very vibrant. It also really conditions your hair so your hair feels even healthier than before. Its all around great except I think you can only buy it in stores with a cosmetology licence. I always got it from my cousin who works at a beauty school, but you can also buy it online.

on 12/12/2010 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This is a review for Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in SILVER. The review by FunkyMcFresh was the only information I could really find on the 'net about this product -- and I'm really grateful for her review because it helped a LOT! I am 53 years old and recenItly stopped coloring my hair blonde only to discover that it was a beautiful white silver, so I'm letting it grow out, I've been experimenting with toners to try to get it a little more silverish (sort of like Paula Deene's hair color!!) -- so I tried the ChromaSilk SILVER two days ago -- first I tried it on a small piece of white hair and it turned it a very pretty silver after about 8 minutes. So then I put it on my whole head -- the instructions say to use it on dry hair but I used it on damp towel-dried hair. It went on a lot heavier than it had on the test hair, and I set a timer for 5 minutes. However, the more I remembered FunkyMcFresh's warnings about hwo strong it is and how long it takes to wash out, I chickened out and washed it out after about 4 minutes total. I figured I could always do it again for longer if necessary, and their is a LOT of color in the tube so it will last quite a while. OMG -- it was such a dark silver -- I was really very unhappy with the color so I jumped back in the shower and shampooed it thoroughly two times,scubbing it really well - then when I checked again it was a much more acceptable silver and I was really thrilled with the color. It was a very soft silverish and very shiny!!

I shampoo every day and I noticed it was washing out a little faster than I expected, so when I was shampooing with my silver shampoo and conditioner this morning, I added just a little dab of the ChromaSilk to my conditioner and left it in for a couple of minutes. That worked great! It came out a softer silverish but not too dark!! I'll probably just do that every few days or however often I need to keep it shiny and silvery.

I just wanted to add a review here to warn everyone to be VERY cautious using these colors - - they are extremely intense!

on 12/9/2016 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I get my tubes on Amazon because I'm not a professional. I have very dark, almost black hair. I did about 3 bleach baths before I got my hair to a brassy orangish blonde color. After I bleached it the last time, I applied this. It's vivid (lol) even on top of a brassy color.

I mix Violet with Wild Orchid and it comes out to a very dark purple that's visible indoors, and much brighter outside. I have short, oily hair but I've trained myself to only wash every other day. I don't shampoo on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, (color safe clarifier shampoo on Sunday), just condition and the color takes about a month to fade. Even when I did shampoo everyday it was fade resistant but I also use a sulfate free shampoo.

When it does start to fade, I do another bleach bath and re dye it. This stains very much, I bought some bleach and it removed most of the dye so be wary of that.

on 11/27/2016 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Finally a perfect purple violet! I have dark black hair and I have to bleach it to achieve the pastel colors. Previously I used Directions Plum to achieve the color and it turned blue and than gross green in just under a month! an that green never goes awayyyy!
This color is amazing! I used just a tiny bit with my conditioner and kept it for a few hours. The color was perfect! My hair is still purple. The color is fading into perfect purple. It's been two months and I refreshed it once with even less color in my conditioner and the tube still looks new! LOVE THIS PRODUCT

Popular Hair Color Products