Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

Filtered by age: 36-43
 Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet
Me rocking Pravana Vivids Violet Hair ColorPravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

on 2/4/2014 8:05:00 AM

I tried the violet and the wild orchid. They are very vibrant.Now I have dark violet hair with wild orchid highlights. It is excactly what i wanted.
My natural hair is dark brown. Had been coloured before with differend dyes in dark tones. I did not wanted to bleach them so i used colour B4 to remove the dies. After colour B4 my hair had a light brown-orange tone.
The violet is very dark but in the light the colour is very intense. My hair are soft, shiny and look (and is) so healthy.
The wild orchid is more intense. It came out a fuxhia-red colour which blends very nicely with the violet.
The colour did not take on the roots which was my natural dark brown (almost black) colour, but you can;t really tell the difference from the rest violet hair.
The process, it was very messy and the colour did stain my skin, was a bit hard to remove, but nothing so dissapointing. I will deffinately use these colours again.

Beautiful color. I find that if you mix a small amount of the vivid lavender with the vivid pink it turns out to be the most gorgeous otherworldly shade of violet. And I've found that if I put the leftover color (if you have leftover, if not, I would buy an extra) in with your conditioner, everytime you wash your hair, it looks vibrant and beautiful, like it has just been done.

I can't rave about this hair color enough. I've been dyeing my hair bright red for many years, and I've tried everything -- Manic Panic, Special Effects, you name it. They all started out red but faded to pink in just a few washes, and I got sick of people asking me about my "pink hair." I wanted hair the color of red velvet cake, and I didn't want to have to redo it every two weeks. I was just about to give up when I found out about Vivids. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say Pravana products changed my life!

I mix red and wild orchid together half and half, and I get exactly the color I want. It stays bright -- and more importantly, it stays RED -- until I have to touch up my roots. I've gone from dyeing every two weeks to every two months. Best of all, Vivids are half the price of Manic Panic! (If you're having trouble finding them, discountbeautycenter dot com has them for $7, and they ship super fast.)

The Color Ensure shampoo and conditioner are also awesome, and they really work to preserve your color. They also smell amazing, like pink grapefruit. The only thing I don't like about them is that the shampoo leaves my hair tangled right after I wash it, but the conditioner fixes that, and I always use a leave-in anyway. But that's another review...

If you have bright hair, just buy this. I promise you won't be sorry!