Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet
Me rocking Pravana Vivids Violet Hair ColorPravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Violet

4.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I only put in a streak into level 10 hair. First time just put it straight in (in a foil and all), it came out almost too purple (is that even possible?! I think it was so intense that it became too dark, but that went away). It lasted a good month and a half and then in faded to a really pretty pale purply-pink and then I re-applied, but I diluted with conditioner and it came out a tiny bit lighter which was what i wanted anyway.

Honestly, the colour is gorgeous, it lasts forever, it doesn't bleed onto other hair, either other time or while washing it out.. I had no issues with it staining everything but I only did a streak and I have pretty short hair. I got it on my hands the first time around and that did stain, but I got it off with acetone. My only real complaint is that it's a bit runny but I just mixed it a bit with a thick conditioner and that solved that problem really quick.

on 4/30/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is my MOST FAVORITE DYE OF ALL TIME! I went to a salon a while back (I stopped going because it got too expensive) and he used this on my hair and I was absolutely in love. Compliments left and right everywhere I went. I did a black to violet balayage and it has honestly been my favorite color yet. It stayed in for a really long time (a little over a month, it faded to sort of a sunset color which I also found acceptable) but it does definitely stain. It took me forever to scrub the purple out of my tub after the first shampoo. But it's soooo worth it! As long as you don't care a whole lot about keeping your pillow cases and bathtub pristine, lol. I will be purchasing this to touch up my ends and I highly recommend it to others.

NOTE: I do have a naturally drier hair type and I only wash my hair about 2 times a week, so if you wash your hair daily this will fade faster than the month it took for mine to fade.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I did my stand test for the violet, I felt it had too much pink in it so I ended up using a mix of 2parts violet with 1 part blue

I used it to colour a ponytail hair extension that was 22" long - that's 4" shorter than my own hair and it was less than half the thickness - which I'd bleached to a 7/8 colour. The first time I dyed it with the pravana I used an entire tube of violet and half of blue. I left it for an hour. It was a little blotchy so I coloured it again, this time diluting it with conditioner and water and leaving it overnight. It came out a gorgeous, deep, rich royal purple, and super shiny.

However I used nearly 3 whole tubes to get to that colour! So if I was going to do my whole head I would have needed 8 tubes, which works out a little pricey

It is very thick, so my advice is to dilute it with conditioner and water to make it easier to spread, and let is process for as long as you can.

I wouldn't advise using it on anything darker than level 6, as it comes out dark. Level 6 gives a dark purple, level 8 a deep strong purple and level 10 for a bright purple

It does stain like hell, but you can remove the stains with alcohol (if fresh) or bleach (if dry)

on 4/2/2009 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the Pravana Silk Degrees Botantical Hair color. I was looking for a deep conditioner that would deepen my hair color but since my ends are damaged I really didn't want to use any harsh products. This product is Plant Based No Peroxide - No Ammonia..here is the description: "Silk Degrees Naturceutical hair Colors are comprised of plant-based dyes and conditioners coupled with pure keratin, silk amino acids and natural wheat protein to not only thoroughly condition and protect, but also provide unparalleled long lasting color and shine!"....It was super easy to use, no mixing.. just worked some into my towel dried hair, left on for 15 minutes and rinsed. It really conditioned my dried hair and made it super soft. It really doesn't add alot of color.. but enough to deepen it and add shine. I was really worried about using this but now I realize it is very gentle and just makes my hair feel great! I use to use Clariol Radiance, which I loved, until it dried out my hair after using it too often. I would highly recommend using this product..the only disappointment is that it doesn't come in enough colors.