Trader Joe's Lavender Sea Salt Body Scrub

Trader Joe's Lavender Sea Salt Body Scrub

sea salt, sweet almond oil, safflower seed oil, sunflower seed oil, lavender essential oil, grape seed oil, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, green tea extract, st. John's Wort extract, tocopherol

on 11/12/2016 7:49:00 AM

I adore this stuff. I'm a big DIYer and was making my own scrubs, but this one is worth the purchase for me. This is the #1 product for saving my extra dry skin, especially in winter. I scrub lightly everywhere, and use extra on knees and elbows. Then I let the oil sit on my skin while I condition my hair. I actually don't need to clean my shower after using this; my skin just drinks it up. The result is skin that feels young, fresh and absolutely glows. When I don't use it for a while, I start feeling dry and ashy again. There is something about exfoliating while simultaneously absorbing the moisture from the oil that for me, is far superior to just using cream each night. Using cream after this scrub is optional - If I want to use it, I can just take the tiniest bit for some extra protection on tough spots (a small tub of shea butter will last for many months when my skin is pre-moisturized with this scrub).

Another huge bonus is the scent. I shower before bed and look forward to the lender scent each night.

The homemade scrubs are great too but for whatever reason, my homemade ones do not absorb as well, and I do need to wash my shower afterward. Maybe that is due to the types of oils used. If I wanted to duplicate this, I'd have to purchase all those oils separately so I feel this is a great deal. You get a generous amount of product for the price and you only use a tiny bit as a time.

One thing to be careful of, is if you have cuts or blisters, don't allow this product to make contact with them. It will burn :)

on 8/24/2016 11:11:00 PM

Ummm this stuff is pretty much amazing! I normally make body scrubs myself but tend to go more towards sugar scrubs since salt is usually too abrasive for my skin. This salt scrub is just perfect though. It has the consistency of a sugar scrub - softer and more polished, but with the added benefits of a salt scrub! Plus it's about as natural as you can get, and filled with all sorts of yummy beneficial oils! Not one single "filler" or synthetic ingredient in here! Seriously i just used it in the bath and my skin was so soft I couldn't stop touching my skin! Plus it smells absolutely heavenly!! LOVE

I adore this scrub! Huge tub of wonderful smelling salty goodness. Yes it's messy and oily but it really makes my skin look great and it's a pleasure to use. Would and have repurchased many times.

on 1/18/2016 7:54:00 AM

This has been a staple product for me for years. I love the lavender scent! And the scrub works great. Combined with the oil, nothing moisturizes my skin or makes it look as nice as this product does. If I use it regularly, my arms and legs really look amazing. When I have mistreated my skin by hours of daily swimming workouts, this product has been the antidote. However, it is a bit messy. It is not something to take to the gym (where I usually like to shower) because it can leave a bit of oiliness behind on the shower floor. I am not crazy about the tub it comes in, either...I'd love something like this to come in a tube instead but I know that's just a crazy dream. So, as much as this stuff really is the BEST, I don't always use it because of these issues. Anyhow, this scrub not only smells FIRST RATE --like fresh real lavender--and works so well that I get occasional compliments, even a couple from complete strangers, it is less than $6. That's CHEAP!!

on 1/8/2016 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been searching for a salt scrub that doesn't break the bank. I absolutely love this stuff. It does an excellent job of exfoliating and moisturizing, the lavender scent is heavenly, but not overpowering. I use this twice a week after cleansing and I let it sit on my skin for about 2 minutes while I wash my face just to let the oils thoroughly penetrate my skin. It rinses off but leaves a layer of oils on your skin that can be massaged in without leaving an oily mess behind. I've got all my girls hooked on this stuff and I repurchase every chance I get. The price point is ideal - $6. You cannot beat it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been looking for an affordable body scrub that smell good. After doing some research, I decided to try this one. When I first opened the tub, it smell stronger than I expected. But after a while, it does not smell so strong anymore. It does make my tub slippery because it is so oily. I usually use it on the day I wash my hair. I rub it on my skin, wash it off, then I shampoo my hair. The shampoo helps to clean up the remaining oil on the tub.
I use body wash after using this scrub since I find it oily to my liking. It still give me smooth and silky feeling after using body wash. I will repurchase this body scrub again because it smell really good.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Great scrub it smells invigorating. It's really relaxing and makes you feeling sleepy. For $6 it's worth it. For some reason I don't feel like it works better than my homemade sugar scrub. This doesn't seem to really give my skin that glowing look or feel as smooth. Although it's not abrasive I did not use it on my face. I have long nails so it's extremely messy too scoop about so I recommend using a spoon

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I like a good, oily scrub and I need it to be affordable. I bought my first tub of this lavender sea salt scrub based on recommendations on MUA and really enjoyed it. I bought a couple as gifts too. However, the tub did go rancid after three months or so. My second tub must have gotten too much water in it because the sugar has turned rock hard before I was halfway through. I use an exfoliating scrub every 4-5 days. While I love the price and the results when it's good, I think the formula needs some tweaking because it's not lasting as well as I'd like in the shower. I'd buy it again, but there are scrubs out there I am more excited to use.

on 3/21/2014 12:26:00 PM

This is an awesome scrub to use before bed time. Its a great price ($5.99 at my TJs). Leaves my skin silky soft. I have no problem with redness or anything of that nature. Love it, I just wish I had tried it sooner.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this scrub. It really relaxes me at night when I use it and I end up sleeping like a baby. I love that it's oily. Most of the scrubs I've tried have not don't anything for my dry wintery skin, but this one makes my skin glow like I just left the spa. The granulates are small so it should be fine for delicate skin types. I would definitely repurchase when I run out. Update: for some reason it dried out and became hard so I had to toss it out.