NIVEA Nivea for Men Sensitive After Shave Extra Soothing Balm

NIVEA Nivea for Men Sensitive After Shave Extra Soothing Balm

Water, glycerin, dicaprylyl carbonate, panthenol, isopropyl palmitate, tapioca starch, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, triceteareth-4 phosphate, carbomer, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, fragrance.

on 11/26/2017 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I was really excited to try this, and was confident it would live up to the hype like the chafing gel, but unfortunately, it did not. It wasn't horrible, but there was no difference between using it and not for me. I'm not a fan of the glass bottle which is a bit too heavy IMO, and the scent is masculine (but fades quickly). Luckily, it was practically free at CVS with coupons, so NBD, and even if it wasn't, retail price is only $7.99 at CVS (and about half that at Walmart).

I don't use primers as a rule, just one step I feel wasn't necessary for myself. Out of curiosity I tried this balm and have to admit my makeup not only looked better but this has somehow improved the overall look of my skin. It's more even and healthier looking. Love that it's inexpensive and a bottle will last forever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a very oily skin and this helps to keep me Matt for 3 hours. I use it with My stay matte powder from Rimmel London. I'm going to experimentate with it because I have this product since today and I used My daycream before applying this, so I'm going to try it without daycream and use this as a daycream. I hope dat it'll keep me longer Matt

on 5/11/2017 1:40:00 PM

DO NOT USE THIS AS A PRIMER. if you use this under makeup all this will do is help it sink into your Pores and clog them. many people experienced breakouts with this as did I. the ingredients are not bent to be used as a primer.

on 5/11/2017 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I actually heard about it from a colleague of mine who loves makeup, I have combo skin but dry on the cheeks. Its almost winter time here and caught a cold last week. My face was so dry and sore and I was wearing a very hydrating foundation and still i saw the dry patches on my skin that makes me cringe.
So I was looking for a non silicone based primer (nothing against silicone, i use them but when i have dry skin a silicone primer doesn't help) and my colleague suggested this, its only $8.50 here in australia so i gave it a try.
I must say i really really like this as a primer, okay i am not fond of the smell but it does go away pretty quickly for me. The primer basically makes my pores disappear and dry patches basically non existent! My makeup last as long as when i wear my silicone primer so definitely no complains there.
The only downside is that i think this primer causes more foundation to go into my pores by the end of the day, I triple cleanse normally, so its oil cleanse, then my normal face cleanser and then with hadacrie (this is a deep cleanse device). Normally the cotton pad on hadacrie will show up a faint amount of foundation, but when i started using this primer it actually sucks out a lot more. The point of using hadacrie device is to suck all the dirt out from pores, which means most of the things it sucks out is not on the surface, which makes be thinks the primer actually draws more foundation in than usual.
Though i don't find my pores being obvious during wear, odd. In fact this primer makes them disappear somehow.

Anyway, i have been using this for a week and no breakouts or whiteheads (fingers crossed) but i really think if you use this you will need to find a way to deep cleanse your skin.

Thumbs up from me.

on 4/5/2017 2:36:00 PM

I, probably like everyone else, heard about using this balm as a primer from Nikkietutorials.

Since my man always has this product at home, I gave it a try and I liked the result. When I applied it, I used a small amount that covered all of my face and my neck. When it dried, it felt tacky, which was good, because my foundation sticked to it perfectly. It made my make-up last all day long; my face was matte all along. I only started getting a bit oily (I have combination skin) on my T-zone after 6-7 hours. Nothing bad, it was barely visible. I was really happy with this product, considering you get 100 ML for under, what, 7 dollars?

But then, breakouts started happening.

I never had acne. I would sometimes get a pimple or two during my cycle and that's it. My skin was never sensitive nor acne prone. But this lotion broke me out so bad. At first, I started getting small pimples on one side of my face (jawline). I found it weird, but I thought it was nothing. Two days later, a new breakout happened on my chin. Then my cheek. Then on the other side of my face. I felt like a highschool kid. The redness lasted for weeks. I would often get a rash on my face, and at time, my whole face itched so, so bad, but I couldn't touch it, scratch it, because that would make things only worse.

As soon as you notice an unusual breakout after starting to use this product, stop using it.

on 2/7/2017 12:55:00 AM

Felt no difference as a primer

I really wanted this product to work for me. It did for the most part! I didn't mind the strong scent (it goes away) and my combination skin worked so well with this and my foundation- or so i thought.

I used this product for maybe a week or so and found that my foundation did indeed last longer. It also smoothed out my skin a little and made it look a little more plump. The problem is that as great as it was as a primer, it caused SO much irritation to my skin. I'd put it on in the morning and a couple of hours later I'd have a rash on my cheek. I didn't attribute it to the primer and thought (or hoped) it was something else. But I wore it the next few days and found the irritation to worsen throughout the day as I kept the shave balm on my face. Realizing that I may be having an allergic reaction, I completely cut out this product from my makeup regimen.

My irritation/rashes have not gotten worse but still have a long way to get back to normal. What used to be soft and supple skin turned into red dry scaly patches on my cheeks, forehead and near my lips! If you have sensitive skin be SUPER cautious of this product! While it is marketed toward sensitive skin I think the fragrance in the product is what put the nail on the coffin for me.

on 11/21/2016 3:06:00 AM

I have normal along with oily t-zone so after a few hours of wearing makeup,my face starts to like shiny(in bad greasy way)and if I use bad foundation,it evens starts to melt!i tried this as a primer with my good foundation(double wear by Estée Lauder) and after 8 hours of wearing it I looked myself in the mirror and my face was still so Matt and set!!it works really great for oily skin!the only thing you have to be careful is to use a tiny amount.it goes all the face and if you use more it will take ages to dry!the bottle is a bit tricky with that because you have to pour in your hand very slowly in order to not get extra amount.other than that,the price is great for a primer and the bottle contains a lot so you will have it for quite long!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This did not work well for me as a primer and in fact I think made me even greasier.