3.0

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I use the color Buff. I love this foundation so much!!! It broke me out at first BUT as long as I wash my face really well it doesn't break me out. This is my HG foundation for when I don't need full coverage. Sadly it's been discontinued :(

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I've been buying this up in "Naked" at Amazon.com because I can't find it in the store anymore. It's by FAR the best foundation I've ever used. I don't know if I'll ever find a foundation that I've been this happy with.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

7 years ago

This stuff is just weird. Although it's touted as natural, it's the strongest-smelling foundation I've ever tried. It's super sheer and wet, but the color matches pretty well, so at least there's that. You've got to shake it before you use it, otherwise it squeezes out much like runny ketchup.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

8 years ago

*EDIT* I knew that this was a bad foundation when I first tried it, but after actually wearing it for a while, it got even worse on me. I randomly bought this when I was looking for a winter foundation- this was one of the only ones light enough, so I thought "what the heck?" and decided to get it. It was relatively cheap at around $7 at Walmart, so it seemed like it was a good one- 97% natural, hubba hubba! But after having it for a while (a year, I think) and going back to it, it was a horrid disaster. First off, it actually became a suspension- all the actual foundation sank to the back of the tube, and the "natural" oils were all that came out. It was disgusting!! I had to literally pour them out into a trash can each time before I got the actual makeup to come out of the tube! It was such a waste! Also, it did not react well with my primer at all. Upon putting it on, it made my face feel like it was on fire!! Powder actually calmed it down a bit, and I switched my primer and it became a bit more tolerable. It also smells very strong, so if you're sensitive, then this foundation isn't for you. The formula itself is also weird in texture- not smooth at all, almost sticky. Plus, what I hate is that it entirely dissipates in water!!! I splashed a little on my face once and it completely dissintegrated where the water hit me. As for the coverage, it's not bad. It also stays on okay, and has neutral shades which was nice. See, this wouldn't have been a terrible product if it just didn't hate me- it seems to me like all foundations that are in a tube don't enjoy working on me!

About reviewer (324 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I really think i have already reviewed this foundation but all whelp ill review here too. I am really surprised for the low reviews since this is & probably will always be the foundation i love & wish i could find since i think its discontinued or my local stores took em all out :( its how it always goes for me- i fall in love & find a product that works & it gets taken away- ahh =PRICE & AVAILABILITY= This foundation can be found wherever your Almay products are sold typically in drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as Target & Walmart. I am not sure if they are still making this or not, I have recently found a few in my local Big Lots which is a discount close out store which normally if i find makeup items in there theyre being discontinued so bad news. I am so mad now but i did buy 2 backups since theyre alot cheaper but in the stores I have seen it around $6-8 depending on location & discounts/sales/coupons. It was decently priced- wish when i found these cheaper they had my shade i wouldve picked up more than 2. id pay full price for this =SHADE * FORMULA * PERFORMANCE= Onto the good stuff- This foundation is def more of a liquid wet formula, not thick at all, thinner than a lotion. It has more of a natural finish, not dewy not matte. It is meant to be natural hence Almay is always about natural pure makeup & thats why i love them. This foundation is almost a tinted moisturizer but with a bit more pigmentation. Its def sheer & very natural. It does go on & blend very nicely on my normal to dry sensitive skin. This is the only foundation that "melts" into my skin. most sit on top looking cakey or like i have makeup on. this covers all my discoloration & redness & my freckles are barely peaking through- exactly what i am looking for. So if you want a more med to full coverage you def will hate this. But if you want a no makeup makeup look or barely there but beautiful- then this is perfect. This dont accentuate my pores or lines or crease or cake up. It blends nicely with fingers or brush. I use the shade "Ivory" which is a cool toned light foundation- most are way too dark for my nw0 skin but this is pale & cool enough for me. Its great to use alone or mixed with another too dark or too thick foundations since its thinner in consistency. It helps tone down the cakeyness i get sometimes.what is also great is that it contains spf 20 which is wonderful for the skin but its not so high that it pulls white in photos so i get protection from the sun too. I love this- i have been looking for this all my life & now its gonna be gone. It wears nicely too. i always prime my skin & sometimes set w/ powder depending on how dry my skin is but this will last me at lest 7-8 hrs. I dont have oily skin. i def wouldnt recommend this to those with more oily or combo skin since its very wet & less matte. Setting with powder may help with the staying power- i do set my foundations most of the time but if i have a eczema outbreak i tend to keep powders off my face. even then this foundation has never made me breakout ever. Its suppose to be 97% natural with a blend of antioxidants with lotus, orchid & acai which all make my skin feel good. Its such a wonderful mixture & formula, one of the best i own. i agree. it feels & looks good! i love it & my bf even compliments me when i wear this. Great foundation, wish i could find more =PACKAGING= The pakvaing is actually pretty simple but so pretty. I like it. It comes in an ivory squeezable plastic tube. Their is a tip that the foundation comes out of easily but not too easily that you get a whole bunch all over the place. It since not to have to dump a whole bunch out of a jar & waste it like some fndts i own. The opening is the right size. There is logo/name/info written in green & purple almay colors. Its so simple & chic. The shade name is on the front in top left corner. The top is a rectangular shape so it can sit downright so the foundation will come to the hole to be squeezed out easily. The top twist on easily too. I love the packaging. Its simple & keeps my foundation safe & easy to use. You get a good amount of foundation i think its 1.7 fl oz which i alot!!! & since you only need about a nickel size amount or so for the whole face. It spreads nicely. I just finished my first bottle after using it alot almost everyday for about 4 months which is great. Overall, this is by far my favorite foundation ive ever used & ive owned alot. i like to use this alone or mixed with others to get the best finish. I love it & hope ill be able to buy this somewhere when i run out of my supply. I know some people will not like this & i see why but thats what i love about it! def will be repurchasing this i hope!

About reviewer (383 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

8 years ago

Did NOT like the way this foundation went on -- really difficult to blend in, Smelled weird and felt weird. It separates very easily in the bottle...and it leaks like crazy from the nozzle. Needless to say I am very disappointed in this product.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0
from

9 years ago

I bought this because ALMAY doesn't test on animals and this product contained all natural ingredients. That's cool and all except this makeup is no-good. I am a prime example of someone who is "tan" but the tan shade is way too dark. Also the product itself is wet and greasy with minimal coverage. I would stay away from this product.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

9 years ago

Oh lord...oily, greasy MESS. Don't like the coverage, consistency, and the way it instantly made my face look like i slathered it in olive oil. This is definitely for mature or bone dry skin. Combo to oily types....STAY AWAY!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

9 years ago

I bought Ivory and it goes on quite sheer (I use a brush to apply). It's pretty good about not settling in fine lines, either at first or as they day goes on. Only complaints are the packaging - a pump of some sort would be easier than a tube (or even a more pointed nozzle on the tube), since this is a rather thin foundation and it's easy to squeeze out too much. Also it does leave a shine behind on the face so I whisk some translucent powder over my face to tone it down. Overall I am happy with this foundation, though, and like that a paraben-free, more natural alternative is available in drugstores.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

9 years ago

This is a great foundation. I LOVE that the formulation is so natural. It does not irritate my sensitive skin or break me out. What I may love most is that the shade I have is light enough for my skin (not too pink and not too yellow as most foundation shades for fair skin are). This leaves a really nice, natural coverage. I wouldn't recommend if you like the fullest, heavy coverage in a foundation but this definitely delivers moderate coverage in a sheer natural-looking way. Not greasy or oily at all. Very nice.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium