Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in SWEET PINK

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in SWEET PINK

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Silica, Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopherol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Its such a pretty pink color. The fact that it has healthy ingredients drew me in. I dont mind that its clear, most lip glosses are but this lip gloss cant merit a happy nod from me.
The scent is this strange sickly sweet aroma. The taste is quite sticky and gummy. I prefer Salma Nuances lipgloss.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lipgloss! I didn't like Burt's Bees lip balm, so I was worried about this. However, this was amazing! The color was very sheer, and not sticky at all. It makes you lips look shiny without overdoing it. The smell is pleasant, too.

The things that I didn't like:
-Color didn't show up. The sheer color was nice, but even a darker shade wouldn't look dark on lips.
-No taste. It doesn't taste bad, but it really doesn't taste good.
-One application will only retain shine for a little bit. You'll need a lot of touch-ups.

Despite the cons, I still love this and will buy it again!

on 5/12/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I really wanted a tinted lip gloss and after hearing/reading all the great things about Burt's Bees products I thought, hey, why not. It was $7 for a tube and the packaging is just like any other lip gloss with the slanted top and small hole that deposits gloss.
There is NO pigmentation whatsoever with this color, or it might just be that my lips are too pigmented but either way, no color for me. The gloss itself is light, not extremely sticky or thick when on the lips and I guess it feels more like lip balm on my lips than a gloss. (Maybe I got a defective tube but my gloss, in the tube, is very thick and not fluid-y) It lasts a good while, couple hours, but then I feel like my lips are dry but they're not. It has a citrus-y, lemon-y scent but the taste is...not so great. It's not sweet and you wouldn't want to lick your lips; I think it's because of the ingredients though so...
Overall, a good gloss but I much prefer C.O. Bigelow's products and they're almost the same price too.

This has quickly become my favorite lipgloss.
Color: It gives a tint of color without being too "frosty" looking, if you know what I mean. The shine is nice, but not over the top or super glossy.

Time: The stuff needs to be reapplied quite a bit if you plan on wearing it all day, but if you swipe some on for just a quick shopping outing, it should stay for most of the trip. On the positive side, it does not feel super thick and goopy, which is a plus to me.

Taste: I didn't like the taste of it at first, but it wasn't hard to get used to, and I really don't think it is bad when compared to the taste of other citrus lipglosses.

Packaging: Lovely packaging. It applies easily, doesn't get messy, and is sanitary.

Price: I got it on clearance, but I think $7.00 is a bit much for a lip gloss. I will, however, repurchase if I find it on sale again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Citrusy, without a citrusy taste and provides a sheer pink, almost colourless tint to lips. Reasonably glossy and reasonable staying power. Also gives subtle light pinkish shimmer. Also, it provided decent moisturising for my dry lips and can be worn over lipstick. It would be better if it was more glossy, with more colour and more glittery but that's my personal taste. Overall though, I liked this 100% natural lip gloss and plan to buy the Pucker Berry one next.

on 5/31/2009 2:01:00 AM

This is one of the best d/s lip glosses. It's non-sticky, 100% natural, long-lasting, and shimmery. In my opinion, the color is perfect for spring and summer. (I think the Zesty Red color is perfect for winter.) The color can be layered successfully; it's not too sheer and not too colorful. The tube is good. The tip is shaped to fit a person's lips. Hence, it makes application easier. The only con is the price. It definitely lasts for a decent amount of time for lip gloss, but I cringe whenever I need to get a new tube at around 6-7 dollars. Well, I would recommend this product for its quality.

on 3/24/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

vry unhappy at buying this product. A big reason why I bought it was because it was advertising the fruit flavor-to my regret, definitely no fruity flavor. I actually very much disliked the flavor and unpleasant texture of this item. I was also hoping for the super shine but the shine was mediocre at best.

Picked this up on a whim at the drugstore. Like almost any impulse purchase, this one left me immediately regretting purchasing almost as soon as I'd tried it on.

Color:

The color was pretty in the tube; a light, pretty, and, well, sweet pink. However, maybe it's the fact that my lips are rather pigmented, but the color just did not show up on my lips. Maybe for all of two seconds I could see something, but then it settled into clear. If I wanted something clear, I would have stuck with my Alba Botanica Passion Fruit Nectar lip gloss.

Texture:

Eh, this was iffy as well. The tiny bits of shimmer, while not very noticeable to the eye, left my lips feeling very gritty. Not to mention that the gloss is quite hard to get out of the tube. While I'm not particularly fond of über-runny glosses, 'hard' (for lack of a better word) ones aren't great, either. This one sort of smooshes and smears onto lips, then sinks in immediately. Which, for a balm, that might not be too bad, but for a gloss...

Staying Power:

The staying power was zilch. While I admittedly have recently been wearing gloss much less frequently, those I do wear (even the runnier ones) don't migrate like this one did. It at first sat on my lips too thickly, them sunk in very quickly soon after. My lips became so dry that I actually had to put on balm over the gloss. Maybe since the first ingredient is castor oil (which I've read on here can be quite drying)? Not sure, but it was unpleasant.

Packaging:

Pretty unremarkable. Your standard slant-tip squeeze tube. The hole could be a bit bigger (due to the texture of the balm), but I'm not going to fight it. Have to say, I definitely prefer it over the doe-foot wand style, though.

Price:

Won't necessarily put a dent in your wallet at seven bucks a pop, but in my opinion, it's definitely not worth the price. I have a thing about returning cosmetics, especially used, so I'll count myself lucky that it's only seven dollars I'm out of. And, hey, at least that'll learn me not to impulse buy.

continued >>

on 3/2/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this! I got a small sample of this at a fair and absolutely loved it! It also came with a coupon so once I ran out I went and bought myself a tube.
The color is wonderful, I hate how my lips look with too much color, but I also hate them bare, so this is the perfect medium. It also smells SOOO good! I want to lick it off my lips! I read that they flavor this with citrus flavors or something.