Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in SWEET PINK

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in SWEET PINK

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Silica, Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopherol

on 7/2/2011 12:56:00 AM

I like this lip gloss. It feels natural and slick, not sticky. It tastes good and the color is subtle, a nice natural looking pink. It definitely has a fair bit of shine and moisture. The only drawbacks are that it isn't long lasting (but what gloss is?) and sometimes it has little...crumbs or something in it? I don't know how to describe it, but sometimes some little dry pieces of the formula come out with the gloss, which is kind of unappealing.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm starting to like Burt's Bees bcoz they are always more than 97 % natural ...I do know that " natural " doesn't necessarily need to be good always ... So i started reading the ingredient's list... It has Beeswax ( which is perfect for a lipbalm ) , Castor oil ( much better ) , Sunflower oils, Soybean oils ( People reactive to Soybeans Stay away ) and Sweet almond oils ...Good Good Good ...
I expected much more color pay off from this... But not bad .And it's more Shimmery ( from the mica ) than Shiny...

This lipgloss is 100 % Natural by the way...!!!

One more thing ...They changed the name to " Super Glossy Natural Lip shine " .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Citrusy, without a citrusy taste and provides a sheer pink, almost colourless tint to lips. Reasonably glossy and reasonable staying power. Also gives subtle light pinkish shimmer. Also, it provided decent moisturising for my dry lips and can be worn over lipstick. It would be better if it was more glossy, with more colour and more glittery but that's my personal taste. Overall though, I liked this 100% natural lip gloss and plan to buy the Pucker Berry one next.

Picked this up on a whim at the drugstore. Like almost any impulse purchase, this one left me immediately regretting purchasing almost as soon as I'd tried it on.

Color:

The color was pretty in the tube; a light, pretty, and, well, sweet pink. However, maybe it's the fact that my lips are rather pigmented, but the color just did not show up on my lips. Maybe for all of two seconds I could see something, but then it settled into clear. If I wanted something clear, I would have stuck with my Alba Botanica Passion Fruit Nectar lip gloss.

Texture:

Eh, this was iffy as well. The tiny bits of shimmer, while not very noticeable to the eye, left my lips feeling very gritty. Not to mention that the gloss is quite hard to get out of the tube. While I'm not particularly fond of über-runny glosses, 'hard' (for lack of a better word) ones aren't great, either. This one sort of smooshes and smears onto lips, then sinks in immediately. Which, for a balm, that might not be too bad, but for a gloss...

Staying Power:

The staying power was zilch. While I admittedly have recently been wearing gloss much less frequently, those I do wear (even the runnier ones) don't migrate like this one did. It at first sat on my lips too thickly, them sunk in very quickly soon after. My lips became so dry that I actually had to put on balm over the gloss. Maybe since the first ingredient is castor oil (which I've read on here can be quite drying)? Not sure, but it was unpleasant.

Packaging:

Pretty unremarkable. Your standard slant-tip squeeze tube. The hole could be a bit bigger (due to the texture of the balm), but I'm not going to fight it. Have to say, I definitely prefer it over the doe-foot wand style, though.

Price:

Won't necessarily put a dent in your wallet at seven bucks a pop, but in my opinion, it's definitely not worth the price. I have a thing about returning cosmetics, especially used, so I'll count myself lucky that it's only seven dollars I'm out of. And, hey, at least that'll learn me not to impulse buy.

continued >>

on 3/4/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This lip gloss is great! The color is very natural, and not bright/unnatural looking at all. It's very pretty and shimmery. The smell is great too.