Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in SWEET PINK

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in SWEET PINK

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Silica, Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopherol

on 8/14/2011 2:51:00 PM

Great scent and nice colour. However, I find this gloss very drying and a bit irritating to my lips. Not one to repurchase.

on 7/2/2011 12:56:00 AM

I like this lip gloss. It feels natural and slick, not sticky. It tastes good and the color is subtle, a nice natural looking pink. It definitely has a fair bit of shine and moisture. The only drawbacks are that it isn't long lasting (but what gloss is?) and sometimes it has little...crumbs or something in it? I don't know how to describe it, but sometimes some little dry pieces of the formula come out with the gloss, which is kind of unappealing.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really love this gloss! It's more of a balmy gloss really..very nourishing for the lips. It has a lovely, citrus scent and taste to it..but it's barely noticeable really. I love the all natural ingredients that you can always count on with Burt's Bees products...I like to wear this alone when I'm wanting a natural look..it adds a bit of shine and protects my lips from the elements when using the Balm with Pomegranate Oil as a base. Give it a shot if you love All Natural products with a natural finish! A great addition to my gloss collection. Non sticky and lovely!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Citrusy, without a citrusy taste and provides a sheer pink, almost colourless tint to lips. Reasonably glossy and reasonable staying power. Also gives subtle light pinkish shimmer. Also, it provided decent moisturising for my dry lips and can be worn over lipstick. It would be better if it was more glossy, with more colour and more glittery but that's my personal taste. Overall though, I liked this 100% natural lip gloss and plan to buy the Pucker Berry one next.

I love this product! I wanted a natural lip gloss that wasn't full of nasty chemicals, and that's what I got. I don't like my glosses to have a noticible smell or flavour, and this didn't.

It's perhaps not as shiny as chemical glosses, but the colour is subtle and lovely and glowing, and I think it is a small price to pay to keep from ingesting so many artificial nasties.

The tube is perfect for application, easy to use on the go, better than a wand as it doesn't get gunky, and better than a pot as it doesn't make your hands dirty.

I love burt's bees!

on 5/31/2009 2:01:00 AM

This is one of the best d/s lip glosses. It's non-sticky, 100% natural, long-lasting, and shimmery. In my opinion, the color is perfect for spring and summer. (I think the Zesty Red color is perfect for winter.) The color can be layered successfully; it's not too sheer and not too colorful. The tube is good. The tip is shaped to fit a person's lips. Hence, it makes application easier. The only con is the price. It definitely lasts for a decent amount of time for lip gloss, but I cringe whenever I need to get a new tube at around 6-7 dollars. Well, I would recommend this product for its quality.

Picked this up on a whim at the drugstore. Like almost any impulse purchase, this one left me immediately regretting purchasing almost as soon as I'd tried it on.

Color:

The color was pretty in the tube; a light, pretty, and, well, sweet pink. However, maybe it's the fact that my lips are rather pigmented, but the color just did not show up on my lips. Maybe for all of two seconds I could see something, but then it settled into clear. If I wanted something clear, I would have stuck with my Alba Botanica Passion Fruit Nectar lip gloss.

Texture:

Eh, this was iffy as well. The tiny bits of shimmer, while not very noticeable to the eye, left my lips feeling very gritty. Not to mention that the gloss is quite hard to get out of the tube. While I'm not particularly fond of über-runny glosses, 'hard' (for lack of a better word) ones aren't great, either. This one sort of smooshes and smears onto lips, then sinks in immediately. Which, for a balm, that might not be too bad, but for a gloss...

Staying Power:

The staying power was zilch. While I admittedly have recently been wearing gloss much less frequently, those I do wear (even the runnier ones) don't migrate like this one did. It at first sat on my lips too thickly, them sunk in very quickly soon after. My lips became so dry that I actually had to put on balm over the gloss. Maybe since the first ingredient is castor oil (which I've read on here can be quite drying)? Not sure, but it was unpleasant.

Packaging:

Pretty unremarkable. Your standard slant-tip squeeze tube. The hole could be a bit bigger (due to the texture of the balm), but I'm not going to fight it. Have to say, I definitely prefer it over the doe-foot wand style, though.

Price:

Won't necessarily put a dent in your wallet at seven bucks a pop, but in my opinion, it's definitely not worth the price. I have a thing about returning cosmetics, especially used, so I'll count myself lucky that it's only seven dollars I'm out of. And, hey, at least that'll learn me not to impulse buy.

continued >>

on 3/4/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This lip gloss is great! The color is very natural, and not bright/unnatural looking at all. It's very pretty and shimmery. The smell is great too.