Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 15

Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 15

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Cylcomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Water, Silica, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Potassium Cetyl Phospate, Glycerin, Alumina, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Methicone, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton), Lecithin, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL. I have not one negative thing to say about this foundation. It is freaking flawless! It offers wonderful coverage; makes your skin look perfect and SO radiant. I am just obsessed with it. I will say it really is more of a foundation than a tinted moisturizer so if you want light coverage I'd either apply a really small amount or just go with a bb cream. But if you are looking for a foundation to make you look just perfect, flawless and radiant (not cakey at all) then buy this!! I'm so happy I found this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 8/17/2016 5:44:00 PM

At first I did think it felt dry, not much slip, probably because it is very pure & lacking in adverse chemicals. No wow factor, (maybe SPF can be higher) but does its job. Have been using for 2 years. Am 67!

I use the golden medium with yellow tone shade and it has worked wonders for my skin. I have people ask me frequently how i am able to get such dewy skin and this is honestly my secret. I rub this on my face with either my fingers or a makeup sponge. It goes on smoothly and evenly and lasts throughout the day.

on 11/9/2015 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried so many foundations and although this is in the category on here as a tinted moisturizer, I would call it a foundation in coverage. The coverage is medium and finishes to a nice natural minor glow. I don't use primer with it and it lasts me all day. Will it cover everything? No but it does cover my redness and minor breakouts without looking like a mask. My previous favorite foundation /holy grail was prescriptives virtual youth but that has long been discontinued and I have been searching for something comparable. This is the closest I have found! Not as much slip or moisture feeling but gives me a beautiful finish reminiscent of virtual youth. It lasts all day and looks best without powder to set. I know it's expensive but I don't find that I use much , the color match of golden is spot on (~C35 right now), it covers well, doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it (I'm pointing at you, too faced born this way) and lasts without getting oily. Great stuff! Try it for yourself!!

on 8/12/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I want to love this so much! This is near perfect. The only downsides i found is of course the price! So expensive :( and like many tinted moisturizers and foundations it make my face look white in pictures....I am starting to think this is just me. I also had an issue with choosing the right shade for me as i am light skin but with a warm undertone. I went with a slightly darker shade to go with my Miami tan, but it still made my face look white in pictures.

I do love the consistency of the makeup, the way the texture looks on, how light it is and how well it covers. I still have it and will use it until it finishes by mixing it with another makeup. When i mix foundations/tinted moisturizers, they usually work better for me. Not sure if i would buy it again as mixing products can take some time and you wont always get the perfect shade.

on 7/31/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I'm definitely a foundation hoarder and it being summer am using a lot of tinted moisturizers and BBs that enhance the complexion with a fresh, dewy glow. Sadly, despite the product description, this did not deliver such a look. In fact, it didn't enhance my skin at all. It is very thick and very opaque when first applies but when it dries it turned into a mess. For me at least, it gathered on dry patches and made me look more fatigued. Obviously, I understand how it might work for some people but for oily skined, light make up seekers... Try another product.

This broke my heart. I wanted it to be dewy and glowing and all I got was a super matte powdery finish that oxidized 2 shades darker then first applied. I love this brand and will continue to buy their products, but this one let me down. I could always feel it like a powder mask. It did look fairly nice on except between my brows where it settled in my fine lines (the 11's) I returned it, which I almost ever do. Sorry hourglass, I still love you baby!

on 2/11/2015 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great foundation, its not overly illuminating, if oily i would def powder since thru out the day it can get a lil shiny. But its just beautiful.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a beautiful foundation! I received a sample in the shade Ivory and it is perfect. I am not a fan of tinted moisturizer normally, but this is really nice! I typically wear a glowy full coverage foundation (Dior Forever - shade 010), but I could definitely wear this too. I found their Immaculate foundation hard to wear (only worked in the humid/hot summer over Tarte Maracuja oil). I love Hourglass products in general - they are pricey but very high quality. The texture is creamy and a bit dewy, with anice thickness to it, not at all watery and greasy like most tinted moisturisers. It feels super confortable on the skin... Very nice! It provided good, medium coverage... If you don't have blemishes, you likely wouldn't need concealer. It lasts pretty well on the skin and feels just as good as at application even after hours of wear. Another great product from Hourglass... They continue to impress me!

on 1/5/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I received this as a sample in Ivory with a recent (December 2014) Sephora order, so I cannot comment on what the packaging or amount looks like for a full-size of this product.

I have mostly OK skin (combo, some blackheads, some redness and a few zits, some aging) and I just usually wear a BB cream or TM or primer with sunscreen. I used this to even everything out, applied over moisturizer with SS.

PRICE / Repurchase: You're joking, right? The full size version of this product is $55 USD. I usually use the Ponds BB cream that costs about $11 USD. I get more product and better results. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I WOULD EVER SHELL OUT THIS MUCH FOR A PRODUCT LIKE THIS.

Consistency: This is very thick so A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. I ended up having to wash off my second application due to using too much product. I started again with just a dab over the middle of my face and blended with fingers.

Finish: Dried to a natural finish, maybe slightly dewy. Shade was slightly too dark for me but I am fair.

Coverage: Evened everything out. I did not have much to cover. It did not settle into any lines or pill up.

Endurance: I would say this lasted about 7-8 hours and then I started to get shinier.

Fragrance: None that i could detect.