Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 15

Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 15

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Cylcomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Water, Silica, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Potassium Cetyl Phospate, Glycerin, Alumina, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Methicone, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton), Lecithin, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

I use the golden medium with yellow tone shade and it has worked wonders for my skin. I have people ask me frequently how i am able to get such dewy skin and this is honestly my secret. I rub this on my face with either my fingers or a makeup sponge. It goes on smoothly and evenly and lasts throughout the day.

on 11/9/2015 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried so many foundations and although this is in the category on here as a tinted moisturizer, I would call it a foundation in coverage. The coverage is medium and finishes to a nice natural minor glow. I don't use primer with it and it lasts me all day. Will it cover everything? No but it does cover my redness and minor breakouts without looking like a mask. My previous favorite foundation /holy grail was prescriptives virtual youth but that has long been discontinued and I have been searching for something comparable. This is the closest I have found! Not as much slip or moisture feeling but gives me a beautiful finish reminiscent of virtual youth. It lasts all day and looks best without powder to set. I know it's expensive but I don't find that I use much , the color match of golden is spot on (~C35 right now), it covers well, doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it (I'm pointing at you, too faced born this way) and lasts without getting oily. Great stuff! Try it for yourself!!

To Read all 77 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/12/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I want to love this so much! This is near perfect. The only downsides i found is of course the price! So expensive :( and like many tinted moisturizers and foundations it make my face look white in pictures....I am starting to think this is just me. I also had an issue with choosing the right shade for me as i am light skin but with a warm undertone. I went with a slightly darker shade to go with my Miami tan, but it still made my face look white in pictures.

I do love the consistency of the makeup, the way the texture looks on, how light it is and how well it covers. I still have it and will use it until it finishes by mixing it with another makeup. When i mix foundations/tinted moisturizers, they usually work better for me. Not sure if i would buy it again as mixing products can take some time and you wont always get the perfect shade.

on 7/31/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I'm definitely a foundation hoarder and it being summer am using a lot of tinted moisturizers and BBs that enhance the complexion with a fresh, dewy glow. Sadly, despite the product description, this did not deliver such a look. In fact, it didn't enhance my skin at all. It is very thick and very opaque when first applies but when it dries it turned into a mess. For me at least, it gathered on dry patches and made me look more fatigued. Obviously, I understand how it might work for some people but for oily skined, light make up seekers... Try another product.

This broke my heart. I wanted it to be dewy and glowing and all I got was a super matte powdery finish that oxidized 2 shades darker then first applied. I love this brand and will continue to buy their products, but this one let me down. I could always feel it like a powder mask. It did look fairly nice on except between my brows where it settled in my fine lines (the 11's) I returned it, which I almost ever do. Sorry hourglass, I still love you baby!

on 2/11/2015 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great foundation, its not overly illuminating, if oily i would def powder since thru out the day it can get a lil shiny. But its just beautiful.

This is a beautiful foundation! I received a sample in the shade Ivory and it is perfect. I am not a fan of tinted moisturizer normally, but this is really nice! I typically wear a glowy full coverage foundation (Dior Forever - shade 010), but I could definitely wear this too. I found their Immaculate foundation hard to wear (only worked in the humid/hot summer over Tarte Maracuja oil). I love Hourglass products in general - they are pricey but very high quality. The texture is creamy and a bit dewy, with anice thickness to it, not at all watery and greasy like most tinted moisturisers. It feels super confortable on the skin... Very nice! It provided good, medium coverage... If you don't have blemishes, you likely wouldn't need concealer. It lasts pretty well on the skin and feels just as good as at application even after hours of wear. Another great product from Hourglass... They continue to impress me!

on 1/5/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I received this as a sample in Ivory with a recent (December 2014) Sephora order, so I cannot comment on what the packaging or amount looks like for a full-size of this product.

I have mostly OK skin (combo, some blackheads, some redness and a few zits, some aging) and I just usually wear a BB cream or TM or primer with sunscreen. I used this to even everything out, applied over moisturizer with SS.

PRICE / Repurchase: You're joking, right? The full size version of this product is $55 USD. I usually use the Ponds BB cream that costs about $11 USD. I get more product and better results. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I WOULD EVER SHELL OUT THIS MUCH FOR A PRODUCT LIKE THIS.

Consistency: This is very thick so A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. I ended up having to wash off my second application due to using too much product. I started again with just a dab over the middle of my face and blended with fingers.

Finish: Dried to a natural finish, maybe slightly dewy. Shade was slightly too dark for me but I am fair.

Coverage: Evened everything out. I did not have much to cover. It did not settle into any lines or pill up.

Endurance: I would say this lasted about 7-8 hours and then I started to get shinier.

Fragrance: None that i could detect.

on 12/23/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Some of you, who aren't overly interested in Hourglass' foundations but have spontaneously decided to try them out (ahem), started searching online and ended up being confused with the 'tint' title. Is it a tinted moisturizer? A foundation? No one knows it really, but it doesn't matter anyway. It's makeup and that should be enough.

The box, again, is spot-on perfect. It looks fine and high quality. While opening the box you are illuminated with its heart: the Illusion foundation. The foundation comes in a squeeze tube, which is, among everything else, travel friendly - light, easy and practical. In order to make it look less cheap, Hourglass engraved their name with gold and made cap in the pearl-shine black.

I was rather disappointed with the size of the tube. Hell, I paid $55 + tax and it should look like that! But it doesn't. The heaviest part of the foundation is concentrated around the cap. I checked twice if the amount is really 30 ml, because it looks like 25 ml at most. Don't judge a book by its cover, eh?

One squeeze is enough for my whole face - depending on the pressure! Honestly, a pea-size is enough to cover all the imperfections: from redness to basic acne. The foundation is extremely creamy making it a good option for those suffering with (high) dehydration. It doesn't cling to any dry patches and makes the skin look natural. It is not invisible, but if you find your perfect shade, you can imagine it being!

They claim it is oily free. Or they claimed. It went along with my oily skin quite good. I got 10+ hr of great wear before it started to fade around nose (it's winter season, anyway) and forehead. I haven't expect the foundation would last so long as I noticed (too late) with my second Sephora Hourglass sample that the foundation separates after few hours. I did set it with MUFE HD loose powder and Inglot Mattifying powder, and powder-blotted every three hours. The trouble I have with my skin ATM is following: my skin is oily and I use once a day AHA, but when there is a major breakout I use benzoyl peroxide on evenings which highly dehydrates my skin. There is no cure to bring the sweet skin on my chin back. Nothing works to make the dryness go temporary away. Fast forward: I applied Clinique yellow moistruizer gel, Clinique City Block SPF25 (due benzoyl peroxide) and The Body Shop Vitamin C primer. The foundation is very thick and creamy hence applied with FINGERS! I never ever did that before. And trust me, you'll be fine! It works perfectly.

I think this is Hourglass take on the (Korean) BB creams, but they don't know it yet! The foundation feels light, nourishing and soothing. It smoothed my complexion really well. Whatever they put in the formulation it is good to my skin. Very good.
The Shell in Illusion is not exactly the same as in Immaculate, being the first slightly darker. If ordering blind, Shell do correspond well one to another.

TO SUM: Originally housed in a very luxurious cylinder bottle and than changed into a not so luxurious squeeze tube, this easy bendable 'skin tint' offers medium coverage with only one layer applied with fingers, SPF 15 protection and a great wear on oily skinned (10+). It is highly hydrating and soothing making it a good option for those struggling with dehydrated or 'hungry' skin. There is nothing much that should be added only to try it for yourself - you'll feel pampered!

I would recommend it to ANYONE and will repurchase if I have the chance!

on 12/11/2014 8:39:00 AM

Was put onto this by the girls at Mecca and stunned at the results when I saw how great my skin looked. I purchased this as a FOUNDATION it's quite a medium to heavy type tinted moisturiser and I think it's actually a bit wrong to sell it as a tinted moisturiser when it works better as a foundation. I use ivory.
The secret is to use the hourglass brush (I orig purchased without brush and went back the next day and bought brush- don't regret it one bit) if yo don't use the round type foundation brush with this it won't go on properly hence all the reviews of it being too heavy and not sitting right on the face. Pump a bit on your hand, dip brush in and whip it into the skin in circular motion making sure you get the bits around the nose/eyes etc. you can do a light cover for everyday wear or a bit heavier for a more covered look.
I am a flight attendant- no word of a lie I can wear this for 16 hours and it still looks amazing after I finish work and has brilliant coverage but doesn't feel at all heavy.
I set it with the hourglass ambient light trio palette and I use a concealer under my eyes with it too.
It's pricey but I was paying the same for my old foundation so would def repurchase. The hourglass foundation brush is essential to making this work. If I had of bought this online and not been shown how to use it by the MUA at Mecca I would of been disappointed too as it's def too thick to apply with fingers.