Korres pomegranate scrub

Korres pomegranate scrub

3.8

on 5/9/2015 9:53:00 AM

Simply beautiful - leaves my skin zinging!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's quite pricey for such a small tube, so I was hesitant to try it at first. But after using it for a while now, I've realized that you don't need much of the product each time, so it actuall lasts a while. And I only use it every 5-7 days, as recommended on the tube itself.

The grains are very finely milled and it's gentle on the skin, which I like. Too harsh exfoliaters have left my skin red in the past. It's lightly scented, but still very "natural" and the consistency is quite pleasent.

Overall I'm happy with this and have had good results with it so far. Will purchase again, despite the price!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

PROS: Great scent, effective, not harsh on skin. The granules are fine and exfoliate the skin well without being harsh. Natural ingredients.

CONS: Size and price. $26 CDN for a 40mL tube is a lot considering you can get other exfoliating scrubs for about the same or a bit more and get much more. However, due to its consistency, I don't need to use a lot, so I am sure it will last me a while.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE. I used this and it has the absolute perfect consistency of granules that is not too rough and def not too soft to where you feel like you're just rubbing cleanser on your face. It exfoliates beautifully and does not leave the skin dry. It tightens the pores I noticed! It smells great, has a great color, and is inside a very cute bottle! :)

-Will update if this breaks me out.

on 5/3/2011 1:05:00 PM

Received a sample of this product and wasn't expecting much after trying their white tea facial cleanser, which I found under-whelming, but was really surprised at how well this scrub worked!

As other reviewers have said, it's pretty gritty, so if you have sensitive skin, this may not be the best for you. It's definitely grittier than the St. Ives scrub and the Yes to Carrots scrub.

It smells sooo good. This is a super plus for me.

Right after you wash with it, your skin doesn't actually feel that soft, but as soon as you pat your face dry, you feel an immediate difference. I definitely think that using this a few times a week has helped to improve my skin. I love that it's all natural, too! Would definitely repurchase. Pricier than St. Ives but worth it, IMO.

on 6/6/2011 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I first tried the Korres combination/oily line by purchasing the starter kit at Ulta. It had the Pomegranate face scrub, Pomegranate face mask, White Tea face cleanser, Pomegranate cream gel moisturizer, & Evening Primrose eye cream. I gave it a good 3 week trial before I decided on what I liked and didn't like about the products and if I would ever purchase again. First I will start by saying I have mostly oily skin but it is truly combination. But since I live in south Florida, my skin tends to get a bit oilier than it would if I was still living up north. I used the Pomegranate face scrub. Let me just say, if you have oily skin you MUST use a face scrub if not daily then at the very least once to twice a week. This scrub is awesome! My skin feels so smooth and soft after I use it. I highly recommend this product. It is a bit pricey ($21 at ulta) but a little goes a long way with this and most of the products. If you want to know about the other products in this line I will be doing a review on some of the others shortly.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I love this scrub! I tend to have clogged pores and this scrub really got in there and removed all of the dirt and oil in my skin, it also let me a slight glow and extremly soft skin. This is one of the only scrubs I can use during my pregnancy that won't affect me or my baby with harsh chemicals. I will repurchase during the rest of my pregnancy and the whole 14-18 months that I will be breastfeeding exclusively!!! Yah KORRES!!!

on 1/22/2010 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

By far my favorite scrub! Tried the St Ives Apricot scrub (fresh clean or whatever the non blackhead/acne one was because the acne one had parabens) and that was waaaaay too painful!

This on the other hand does a great job getting rid of dead cells and revealing softer skin and giving the skin a nice glow. It's not drying so that helps with the glow bit. If you are accustomed to really really gentle exfoliators then this is not the scrub for you. It's not super harsh (I find it quite pleasant) but it's quite a change if you arent used to it.

It also smells delicious. I want to pet my face and lick it after I use this.

It's a little bit expensive. But I don't use much per application and since I don't use it everyday it's lasted quite a long while. I don't mind paying more for better ingredients and a product that works!

The packaging is suitable. I don't want anything flashy that will just drive the price up. I did ding it because the expiration date is stamped on which I easily rub off a little when I touch it. So that's a bit annoying.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was lured into a Korres store with the intention of buying one of their lip balms but as my usual facial scrub had ran out I decided I'd try one of theirs as I'd only heard good things about the brand beforehand. The assistant suggested that I try the pomegranate scrub as it was best suited to my skin type normal/combination with occasional breakouts. I've been sorely disappointed. While the product feels like it's really working as I massage it into my skin, when I rinse it off and pat dry my face, the effects aren't the best I've experienced. The smoothness lasts all of five minutes once my skin has dried. To make matters even worse, I've been breaking out much more than usual. The only change to my routine has been this scrub so I feel that it could be to blame. It's really not worth the money and doesn't do the job for skin like mine. There are better scrubs out there for a similar price.

on 10/14/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This scrub works great for me. After using it my skin feels soooo fresh and clean, but not agitated or dried out like some scrubs can do. I really think it improves skin quality with continued use, my pores do seem smaller. If you have acne issues, you may want to try a gentler scrub, as this is pretty gritty.