CVS Acne Treatment Gel

CVS Acne Treatment Gel

4.5

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide 10% ; Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua); Laureth-4; Carbomer; Triethanolamine; Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose; Disodium EDTA

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've bought probably 8 tubes of this, its so awesome. I break out really often and this makes bumps go down and dry out quickly. I like it alot alot and it dries faster than the Neutrogena product it is duping. Only issue is that it is super white and opaque, not discrete at all, and it also bleaches pillow cases. Definirely only use at night while asleep on a light pillow case.

for acne treatments, store brands do not work for me, i have to use clean & clear. these for whatever reason leave post acne marks for worse than not using anything.

on 9/2/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I picked this up while in the States on a trip. I noticed that in Canada, the "maximum strength without a prescription" is 5% BP, while in the USA it's 10% BP. Of course, this is much stronger and thus works faster to dry up a pimple. It can get a little drying because of this, but that's no big deal. Happy with this product and will continue to use it!

on 7/17/2014 8:19:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. Just make sure to not put lotion over the product- it's effectivity wears off. Although this stuff does burn, I'm so satisfied with the results that this is a very minor problem. Also, the price is so cheap- way less than I've payed for other acne related problems. This one is the most effective! I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very disappointed with this product. I had very high hopes as the reviews were spectacular, I should have known it was going to be another waste of money. I used it for over a month with no change whatsoever. Sad really, my acne is just out of control since getting on birth control in 2010.

this stuff works. i only get a pimple once in a while but if i see it coming i put a little dab on it and let it dry and the next day it's smaller and gone within a couple of days. good for big pimples too after you pop it. sometime the product leaks more than desired but try to squeeze the tube face up. thanks MU for leading me to this product.

on 8/4/2013 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

THIS SAVED MY LIFE! After constantly breaking out with no luck getting rid of any pimples, I saw the reviews on this and thought "I'm desperate so ill try anything". Stopped by cvs, put a thin layer on my entire face, and then the next morning I almost gasped with relief. No new breakout and my face almost looks clear. I have never gotten such results from ANY product.

on 7/31/2013 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is pretty potent. I use a small amount on large pimples and they do dry up in a reasonable amount of time. I found that if I use this in conjunction with some Salicylic Acid, the pimples dry up even faster. Because this is 10% benzoyl peroxide, it does dry out my skin and leaves it flaky (which is why I use it as a spot treatment). Overall, I really do like this product and I use it often.

on 6/25/2013 4:25:00 PM

I've used this 2x a day since i bought it 4 days ago. Nearly all the pimples/semi-cystic acne on my chin that had errupted and re-erupted over the last few months is gone. Even some of the scarring/redness. HOWEVER - I was VERY liberal with it, smearing it about my entire chin in a thick layer - this was not necessary and resulted in a bunch of dry flaking of the entire area - however - pimples are gone! And that's what I wanted!

Wow I bought this last night for about $4 and applied it to some rather nasty pimples that have been on my face for about a week and no joke they are almost gone this afternoon !!!!! I ve never had anything take care of pimples so well and amazing. I havent even had it 24hrs yet but I love it, I have the maximum strength one and no irritations yet. This is def an HG and I cant praise it enough