Sephora Collection Blotting Papers

3.9

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The Sephora Blotting Papers come in 4 versions: Natural matte, Lavender, Tea Tree and Vitamin C & E. The papers come in a light cardboard pack and contain 100 sheets. They retail for $8 US ($10 CAD).

I bought the lavender pack because I love the scent of lavender. When I opened this pack, I was really happy because the blotting papers really do smell like lavender. The scent is very pleasant and noticeable, but it is not strong in a bad way. After reading the ingredients list, I saw that there is lavender oil in these papers which is why they smell so good!!

Other than the great smell, the blotting papers are like any other blotting papers I have tried in terms of effectiveness in absorbing oils. I keep these papers in my purse and use them twice a day to blot oil on my forehead, nose, chin and the sides of my face. The only thing is that I need to use two pieces of paper each time to blot my combination skin. One piece alone is not enough to blot the face, especially if you have oily skin.

Also, these papers are quite expensive since you can now buy them at the Japanese Dollar Store (Daiso) in Vancouver. However, I will continue to rebuy these because I love the lavender scent! Perhaps I will try the tea tree scented ones for my next pack.

If you like lavender scented cosmetics, the Bloom Brow Gel also has a lovely lavender scent! I love that product too.

I had run out of the Sephora brand Matte Blotting Film and needed to get more. I accidently grabbed these ones thinking they were the same ones that I used. Um no, these were the blotting papers and I hated them. They always tear when I rub these on my face and I need 2-3 to absorb the oil on my face as opposed to only needing 1 of the film sheets.

I've used Clean & Clear's blotting sheets for years, but never been totally impressed. They're small, they always get saturated, and they always seem to lift away makeup when I use them. In which case, how are they any different than just using regular tissue?

I was in Sephora the other day and had run out of my C&C sheets. On a whim, I got the tea tree blotting papers. The rep told me that tea tree calms the senses and the skin. My skin always needs calming (and I just generally like the smell of tea tree), so I got them. Well, I haven't noticed that they really calm anything, but I LOVE the job they do blotting oil. They're the perfect size for my face, and they do a great job of absorbing oil while leaving my makeup in place and my face nice & matte. I love them! $8 is a little much, but they come in a 100 pack, and they're nice & large. I love them and will likely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I stocked up on blotting papers a long time ago in Korea when blotting papers weren't found as easily here. I finally ran out, and was in a major frenzy, since I could never seem to find the papers. For some reason, the film has never worked well for me. (I would be willing to give it another shot for the right price).

I found these at Sephora, and I have to admit, the price is a little steep at $8 for me. I have the vitamin c + e version , because they were the only ones left. I'm honestly not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I will say that I do like the blotting papers, as it helps control the oil (i'm verrrry oily as the day wears on) and applying more powder just makes my face look and feel awful.

It takes me awhile to go through these packs, but I probably will try out the Palladio ones or give the Clean & Clear film another shot. For me, these definitely do their job, and I would repurchase if I cannot find a slightly less expensive version.

I bought these on a whim at the checkout at Sephora. They are lovely! I bought the tea tree oil ones, and they actually smell like real tea tree oil! These are a little wider than the clean and clear blue sheets, and have more of a papery consistency. Im pretty oily and one gets almost all the oil off my face, plus, maybe it even leaves a little tea tree oil, which who knows if that does anything if its being deposited on top of my makeup, but these are great and they dont leave any weird powder on my face like the ones from The Body Shop.LOL

my skin is not that oily but sometimes for those rare occasions, especially in the summer, it gets quite oily. now that it's winter, i don't really have a need for these but when i tried it, it was okay. i have the vitamin c and e one but that doesn't really matter/make a difference. i hear from my friends that other brands, such as clean and clear and neutrogena, have better prices and just as good paper. at 10$ CAD, for 100 sheets, still pricey. didn't work too much for me but seems to for people who have generally more oily complexion, i would probably buy other brands of blotting paper rather than this one again

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got the natural tea tree blotting papers....first of all they smell funny, the are thin, and on my extremely greasy days, I end up having to use two. The packaging isn't all that great either, and for the price it's just not worth it, I'm gonna stick to Clean and Clear's sheets.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought these blotting papers in lavender and they work well. My only gripe with this product is the packaging and the price. It comes in a pack of 100 sheets and though the sheets last me a long time, the flimsy cardboard packaging could be a bit sturdier for $8.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I gave this product five lippies because it works. However, I won't buy it again (unless I'm in a pinch), because I can just go get the cheaper version at the drugstore. This product, the Mac blotters, and the Johnson and Johnson Clean and Clear blotters are pretty much the same in my book.

I like these blotting sheets. They are big and thick enough to absorb the oil with one sheet. I got the tea tree scent one and it smells good, a little minty. The only downside is the price...10$ (CAN) for 100 sheets. I'm sure I could of purchased cheaper ones at the drugstore, but oh well.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools