Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

OMG HOLY GRAIL!!!! my lips thank me everyday for this amazing lip butter. Let me state my lips are extremely sensitive. It has been difficult finding a product that does not irritate them. My search is over. This product is wonderful. Its very light, therefore I can wear under lip gloss and lipstick. Its also very moisturizing, and very cheap ($3 at Walmart). I wear it all day and at night. Most of the time when one goes to sleep with lip balm your lips feel greasy, and heavy. Not with this stuff. Your lips are moisturized and ready to go. I love this stuff, and I will not buy anything else. I'm sold!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Yes! My lips have been dry for weeks now and nothing would help. I think the menthol in some of my lip products was drying my lips out and leaving them irritated. Tried Vasaline, which was non-irritating, but it didn't really give me the moisture I needed. I got desperate for something soothing and realized I was carrying this cocoa butter stick around in my bag...why not try it on the lips? Applying this was like putting water on a sponge, the difference was immediate & very moisturizing. I put a colored gloss over top which now looks fab on supple lips!

on 9/2/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Wow I thought I was the only person on the planet that used this as a lip balm! Glad to know that other people use this too. It's basically my one and only chapstick and I've been using it for at least 7 years now. It is incredibly moisturizing, NOT waxy at all (some chapsticks are pretty much a stick of wax and do nothing for the lips), makes my lips pinker, and my husband is not allergic (like he is with many of my lip products). Pretty much everyone I know has seen me using this and make fun of me b/c of my "glue stick" chapstick but I don't care, it's the only thing that works. I do wish it lasted longer on the lips though. I also use this for dry spots on my skin and to fade scars. It's very soothing. p.s. they recently released a small chapstick-size version of this product, but I'm not sure if all of the ingredients are the same. I was using it for about a week but lost it (I think my cat had something to do with that) so I can't say if it's exactly the same.
EDIT: The ingredients in the small version of this are not the same. It has an added wax and some other stuff, so I'll stick to the original.

on 3/2/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This stick does not moisturize AT ALL. You rub it on and absolutely nothing happens. Believe me, I tried...I thought I was buying the original cream but in stick form.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love it. I put it by my bed & slather it on before bed, it makes my lips really soft by morning. It smells great, the only problem is the melty-tendency of it!! But that's a teeny flaw in an affordable, effective product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

After reading the reviews on this product, I decided to purchase it and it was worth the money. I love it. I keep my hands off of it. I put it on before any lip gloss or lip stick and before going to bed at night. I can see a big difference in my lips. They stay smooth and my lip products go on much better.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Wow! I love using this stick formulation on facial scars and blemishes! Unlike many other reviewers, this doesn't do much for my lips. However, the stick has worked wonders on my acne scarred face. I think it worked better than the lotion type.

My skin tone is so much more even and healthy looking. I like the versatility of this stick because it's so compact and you can use it everywhere. This is a staple for safely fading scars without breaking out!

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I love this!!! I use it to help fade dark marks on my skin from pimples. It's greasy but I use my fingers and dab gently on the mark. Probably won't repurchase since this thing is going to last me months!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product ranks right up there w/ my HG lip balms (others being Mary Kay SL and Walgreen's Cool Reflections). It applies smoothly, sinks in quickly yet lasts a fair amount of time, is very hydrating, smells sweet, and has no offending taste. I apply this stuff at night and wake up w/ very smooth, soft lips. The only things I would change is making it last just a teeny bit longer, and I would make the packaging just a bit more aestetically pleasing (like the swivel tube, though). I definitely do recommend this l/b to any chica in search of a HG!