Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/28/2015 12:20:00 PM

I absolutely love this lip balm. My eye area and neck are very sensitive. When the weather changes, I always feel dry and itchy and whatever product I use, it always burns on my neck( even La Roche Posay B5). I found this helpful to reduce the redness and itchiness. But when I use it as daily lip stick, it takes a long time to absorb.

on 10/12/2014 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I used probably 5 of them so far! I use it for lips,dry areas,around the nose (when I have cold blowing my nose really damages the skin),elbows...Really cheap and it does wonders!

on 8/31/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely fell in love with the scent of this product. It smells like chocolate HEAVEN. I saw a rave about this product on Youtube, ran to Walmart, and picked it up. It was only 2 dollars or so and came with so much product - about the size of a jumbo glue stick! It seemed like a steal to me.
Being so quick to buy it, I hadn't read the ingredients. I am very picky when it comes to lip balms/ skin care/ hair care, and I was very disappointed to see the second ingredient was MINERAL OIL.
Mineral oil pretty much blocks out any moisture from getting in or out and leaves your lips or skin feeling even drier.
I will not repurchase.
Hope this was helpful xx!

on 2/29/2012 2:49:00 PM

Im from Honduras, in Central America, and here this product is sold out.. I was sad because I have dry lips and I didnt want to use the regular Shaptick (left my lips even dyer :S) so I went to US for a job trainig and.. voila!! I found tons of this wondeful lip treatment at CVS jajajaj I bouth 10 of it and I can say this is the best ,, and I did find the regular size bottles.. I just to have the big one,,

on 2/12/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is by far the best lip moisturizer out there. It smells/tastes like vanilla as a bonus! It moisturizers my lips so well without making them greasy and it stays on for so long. The only reason I deducted a point from the packaging is that it looks like glue stick and it's a bit large but it is also marketed as a 'any where that's dry' product so it would be perfect if you used it on hands, etc. I've been using it for a couple months now and it lasts so long. I haven't even really dented the product since the tube is pretty darn full when you buy it. You won't regret this buy for sure. I went from dry, chapped lips to smooth and soft =D

on 2/24/2011 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product overseas when i left my usual balm

and I was stunned with this dirty cheap cocoa butter lipbalm;)
But when i returned to my tropical country,,this balm its just okay..
doesnt last long&just an hour my lips get dry:(

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

First off, this stuff smells SO GOOD! I've been opening it every few minutes just to smell it. I just got it yesterday, but have already applied it an unaccountable amount of times - not because i need to, but because its just so smooth and yummy smelling that i can't help but do so! Thankfully, it has no taste. Even though I've only had it for 2 days, i can tell already that it is extremely moisturizing. It is a bit sticky in my opinion, but then again i usually dont wear anything at all on my lips. Or it could just be that i cant stop reapplying it, its HEAVENLY!

on 9/28/2010 5:32:00 AM

HG. i've been using this for several months and i haven't even finished a tube of this humongous stick. It looks like a glue stick but doesn't feel anything like glue when applied to lips. i don't even know how to describe it...lets see.....

you know how carmex (click stick) is really sticky and leaves a gooey layer on your lips? palmer's doesnt do that... it is ultra smooth and non sticky/non oily.
you know how burt's bees doesn't feel moisturizing at all or like you need to keep re-applying? it's definitely not like that.

when my lips are SUPER chapped this doesn't make it disappear instantly but after application and a little bit of rubbing my lips together it makes the chapped lips soft with some annoying flakes that i scrub away. with regular use i always have super soft lips.

i seriously just cant get over how amazing this stuff feels on my lips

okay details.. this stuff smells deliciously creamily cocoa-y but has no flavor. it doesn't clog the pores directly around my lips, which some other things have. but i did try to apply it to a flakey spot on my face one time and i ended up with a whitehead in that same area the next day. it goes great under lipstick because its moisturizing but doesn't leave a filmy layer on my lips.

on 9/2/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Wow I thought I was the only person on the planet that used this as a lip balm! Glad to know that other people use this too. It's basically my one and only chapstick and I've been using it for at least 7 years now. It is incredibly moisturizing, NOT waxy at all (some chapsticks are pretty much a stick of wax and do nothing for the lips), makes my lips pinker, and my husband is not allergic (like he is with many of my lip products). Pretty much everyone I know has seen me using this and make fun of me b/c of my "glue stick" chapstick but I don't care, it's the only thing that works. I do wish it lasted longer on the lips though. I also use this for dry spots on my skin and to fade scars. It's very soothing. p.s. they recently released a small chapstick-size version of this product, but I'm not sure if all of the ingredients are the same. I was using it for about a week but lost it (I think my cat had something to do with that) so I can't say if it's exactly the same.
EDIT: The ingredients in the small version of this are not the same. It has an added wax and some other stuff, so I'll stick to the original.

on 4/15/2010 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this!! It really moisturizes my lips instead of just creating a layer over my lips like most lip balms do. I like to apply it before bed and wake up with nice, smooth lips. The only drawback is that it doesn't have SPF, so I have to find a new one for the summer when I spend more time outdoors.