Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/14/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've repurchased this several times. I think it's one of those things that's even improved over time. Initially when I tried it like 10 years ago, I don't remember it being as moisturizing as it is now. I used RoC Enydrial for years until it went downhill and went back to this. (Was it my imagination that RoC Enydrial got more waxy and this got less waxy?) Now it's my "go to" and I've got a few sprinkled around the house. Smells awesome, moisturizes well and works under lipstick (makes them more sheer and glossy, which I love under 'nude' type lipsticks), lasts forever because of the large size and only costs around $2.69 if you buy them from Vitacost. The only downside is the size if you want to keep one in your pocket but I can deal and it doesn't take away from the love. For the record, I've also tried the Chocolate Mint balm in the squeeze tube. Smells amazing but it's much more 'shlippy' and oily feeling. Fine if you're just popping into bed but would not work under lipstick, that's for sure. The Palmer's Swivel Stick also lasts longer on my lips that other balms. Heals the 'chaps' and makes my lips so smooth. :)

For such a high rating I was expecting more....this balm never felt moisturizing enough to me..like it never really sank in...more of just surface moisture and once that was gone you needed to reapply. Also my stick is an odd shape which I found really annoying.

on 12/7/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this a lot. I don't like to have my hands completely covered in lotion during the day, so it's nice to just pick spots to cover. I like how multi tasking it is. I usually don't find lotions to be greasy when most would, but this is wayyy greasy. I am at a keyboard all day at work though so not really a problem. I have gotten to really test it when my Eucerin dried out my skin (see my review) and the past two days I went from alligator bright red skin to I would say 85% normal at least. My hands DoD sting, but not that badly, if that's an issue for you. I personally don't mind it. the cocoa sent also is nice. Reminds me of baking cake or cookies, lol. I like the diameter of the stick. Easy to cover, but not huge, very portable in just a pocket. I'm curious why there's really nothing else on the market like this that I've seen.

Love this little miracle so much! I mainly use it as a lip balm and dry patch moisturiser for my face. Smells like vanilla with a hint of chocolate. The thing I love the most is the texture. It's quite hard, non oily, a bit waxy and stays for ages. Really moisturises well. Improves texture of the skin! And compared to other lip balms you get a really big amount of the product.

on 1/4/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stick is absolutely fantastic.
I notice a lot of reviews rave about the product's primary use as a lip balm- which is true, since it does a great job moisturizing my chapped lips without being overly sticky or waxy. But the product is also fairly multi-purpose.

Some other things I've used my stick for:
-Softening cuticles
-Moisturizing dry patches around the facial area (particularly in the harsh winter we're currently experiencing up here)
-Removing dried-up make-up around the eye area (great at erasing mascara residue)

The packaging is super portable. Well worth the money.

on 9/16/2013 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I ended up buying this because of all the positive reviews on here. I was so excited to try it and hunted it down in Superstore. It smells nice (like vanilla ice cream as some have said) and it is smooth going on my lips. I didn't mind the bigger tube vs other chapsticks because it was easy to find in my bag. However, the bad thing is that the top part of the balm broke off somehow (nooo) and now it looks really gross and I can't use it evenly on my lips. Taste nice and feels nice, but doesn't seem to be super moisturizing. The "soft lips" effect wears off quickly. I won't repurchase simply because I don't use it often enough. I prefer cocoa butter Vaseline!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This smells and tastes absolutely lovely, It reminds me of chocolate.
The best thing about it though is that it actually works! Though not amazing, most lip balms I buy work for a few weeks and then just leave my lips back to the chapped state they were, so this one is the one I reach for most often. It is quite thick and waxy in texture and does to some extent, moisturise your lips but it doesnt last long at all, which is a let down.
I paid 1.50-ish for a tube which is quite good I suppose as it lasts quite long but the reason 1 lippie is taken off is because of the packaging, its dreadfu! I mean, what lip balm has the twist-up thing at the top instead of the bottom? This one. And then when I used it for the second time, some of the lip balm broke off when I was putting the lid back on! So half of the lip balm is stuck in the top of the lid:(
Overall, I probably would purchase again, though im still on the look out for a HG lip balm.

I don't care for this as a lip treatment but I use it to spot treat dry patches. I really like applying this to my elbows and heels. My elbows are pretty much like sandpaper, I've tried various body lotions and moisturizers and none have made a difference. Within one application of this my elbows felt much smoother. The tube makes it easy to spot treat on the go. I imagine this would be a bit awkward to place on your lips as the stick is so large, it's about the size of a gluestick.

This works great, smells great and is super cheap. I'll definitely repurchase.

on 4/6/2012 10:55:00 AM

This is the BEST stuff ever. I have a stick in every bag and have bought one for all my friends. Any time I feel like I want to moisturize my lips, this is what I reach for. And in the winter when things get chapped, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it fixes chapping in ONE application and does NOT make my lips seem to need application after application.

on 1/11/2012 3:47:00 PM

I keep one of these everywhere: in my bag, on my desk, on my nightstand. I use it on my lips, on scars, and on my face when it needs a little moisture (my colleagues joke that I'm rubbing a glue stick all over my face). It's basically the same as the jar of Palmer's cocoa butter, but in a convenient form of a stick. I still need the jar to do my nightly slather before bed, but this stick goes everywhere with me.