Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

4.5

on 4/20/2014 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This lip balm is amazing! The smell is delicious and reminds me of a white chocolate smell. It keeps your lips moisturized without them feeling greasy or sticky or looking that way. I love that it looks like a glue stick, something different :)

on 11/19/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this thing looks like a glue stick which will make for some amusing moments. it smells really nice, as many coco butter products do. it lasted me forever but i finally finished it. honestly it wasn't anything super special but it was a nice lipbalm that lasted a long time. it didnt make my lips super soft or amazing. it was just average. i wont be repurchasing this since i have become a lip balm junkie and have dozens to go through.

on 7/31/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Love this stuff. Everything I wanted the Weleda lip balm to be, but wasn't. Incredibly simple lip balm that keeps my lips moisturised without any overwhelming scents or silly flavours. Packaging is beyond plain, but the amount of product is fabulous. I have one on my bedside table, but I'm already planning to buy a few more to salt around in my handbags and downstairs bathroom.

I don't think this says anywhere on the package that it is a lip product.
I've used this for years, but never on my lips. I think it is just a more convenient and portable form to carry around with you.
I have lived in the high desert in CA for 6 years (moving in 3 weeks, yay!!) and I have tried so many prescription and OTC creams that I truly believe there is nothing left to try.
This is the ONLY product that works on my hands.
Maybe if those of you who used it on their lips tried it on hands or feet you would really love it.
Just my 2 cents!

on 4/6/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

First thing I noticed about this was the interestingly convenient packaging that it was in; almost like a lip balm but thicker. (Although it looks like you can still use it for your lips according tot he label. ^ ^)

The second thing that I noticed was that it could help with the dark marks and blemishes of the face, which sounded great considering I had a lot of acne scars left behind.

And the third thing that took me by surprise was it's price. It was such a bargain of an item that I couldn't resist testing it out for myself. I bought this about the same time as my Derma E moisturizer, and used the two combined as part of my daily facial regiment.

What a difference they made for me. After a year of using this twice a day, a lot of the scars that would have taken years to disappear were gone. I hadn't even realized how evident that was until my aunt asked me why my face looked so nice and clear.

When you get that kind of a compliment from someone you KNOW it's worth it. I think I got two extra ones after the first one ran out because it's so wonderfully cheap. And because of the great packaging you really can take this anywhere.

It just goes to show you that great things really do come in small packages.

TIP: Try not to go crazy and smear it all over your face. Just rub the balm in the areas where the dark scars are most obvious and massage it after.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product works really well and its really cheap .

on 8/31/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely fell in love with the scent of this product. It smells like chocolate HEAVEN. I saw a rave about this product on Youtube, ran to Walmart, and picked it up. It was only 2 dollars or so and came with so much product - about the size of a jumbo glue stick! It seemed like a steal to me.
Being so quick to buy it, I hadn't read the ingredients. I am very picky when it comes to lip balms/ skin care/ hair care, and I was very disappointed to see the second ingredient was MINERAL OIL.
Mineral oil pretty much blocks out any moisture from getting in or out and leaves your lips or skin feeling even drier.
I will not repurchase.
Hope this was helpful xx!

on 1/11/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I used this while I was vacationing in Las Vegas where it is extremely dry, and I never got chapped lips. It smells nice, and although it really does look like a glue stick, I don't mind if it works.

Have to write a review on this product now that I am using it for the last month. I used to use chapstick peppermint or strawberry religiously..but I noticed that I had to constantly reapply. I read somewhere mostly likely here that lips stop creating their own moisture because of beewax. This product solves this. I apply maybe two or three times a day and my lip feel hydrated and soft. It smells like a vanilla latte or something. Love it. The packaging could be prettier though but I will still repurchase.

on 11/7/2011 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I FINALLY FOUND THIS!!! Seriously, I've been reading reviews for the Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick for 3 years now. The repurchasing percentage was so high and the reviews were usually positive. My lips are always dry it seems; I have a lot of lip balms and chapstick. My favorites being Vaseline Intensive Care and Nivea Kiss of Smoothness. But the only reason why I bought those was because I couldn't find this.
BUT I HAVE FINALLY FOUND IT. At a neighborhood WalMart surprisingly... I've checked out so many stores before.
I've only used this on my lips so far-- and yes, it does smell like cake batter. Yum.
Leaves me lips feeling moisturized long after its faded. Not wet though, or greasy like Nivea and Vaseline, but moist.

Yes I will be repurchasing.
Glue stick appearance? Whatever, I don't apply chapstick in public anyway.